Magnolia Makeup

BeautyByLele

Lele, since we're talking about pigments, have you ever ordered samples from thebodyneeds2? I just received a few MAC pigment samples and they are currently running a promo where if you purchase 5 of thebodyneeds' lip lusters, you get 25% of your entire order by using the code Lippie. The promo runs thru tomorrow (7/10). I never ever thought to look at their house brand of products but in the sample order I received today they included a Lip Luster sample called Forget Him. It reminds me an awful lot of MAC's Show Orchid lipstick. So I was like, well hey, let me go look. So I go back over there, ended up buying 5 of the lip lusters and 3 or 4 of their mineral eyeshadows (pigments). One of the pigments called Blackened Violet is a weekly special for $0.01. Yes, 1 cent. LOL! The 25% off basically gave me free shipping but hey, I can deal with that. I can't wait to check these out because they look awfully pretty on the site. Also, they have glitters that look really nice too.
I've heard about them but Ive never place an order with them before, I always said I was going to order from them but I never got around to it. You just gave me something else to check into today since their having a promo. . . . Yeah thats a nice promo!!!
2cents.gif
danggggggg that's great !!! I have to go and house sit for a few hours today so I will be checking out their site today.

What MAC pigments samples did you purchase?

Copperhead

I've heard about them but Ive never place an order with them before, I always said I was going to order from them but I never got around to it. You just gave me something else to check into today since their having a promo. . . . Yeah thats a nice promo!!!
2cents.gif
danggggggg that's great !!! I have to go and house sit for a few hours today so I will be checking out their site today.

What MAC pigments samples did you purchase?
I'm curious to see what size the 1 cent pigment is. Heck for 1 cent if it's the size of the MAC samples I'd be happy. LOL! The order I received today had MAC pigment samples of Naked Dark, Naked Deep Dark, True Chartreuse and Hi Def Cyan. And I got a sample of MAC's Silly lipstick too. I think Magnolia's Hydrate Pigment resembles Hi-Def Cyan. The last time I ordered which was about 8 months ago, I ordered pigment samples of Magenta Madness, Naked, and Grape, and a sample of Honeylove lipstick. I've seemed to misplace the Honeylove though. Gotta find it.

I checked their site after I placed my order and I don't even see Naked Dark or Deep Dark there anymore. Maybe they're sold out.

Copperhead

Yes I have three of the Mac Tendertones- the ones from the Shop Cook collection plus I have a Cargo lip gloss quad - Oceania. I actually had one of Mac Tendertones from a while ago Sweet and Nice - it was so pretty, I was sad when I finished that one..... that was before I knew about BU items.. lol !!! While they are pretty I dont reach for them often because they are in pot form. I do have a retractable lip brush so maybe I should just throw that in my makeup bag to make me more aware to use the potted lippies. That will be next week challenge for myself. I went and looked at some of those Beaucoups lippies and they look pretty . Also I looked at the lip fixes and I like the neutral one Bare and the purple one Whoa . I will try to google some swatches and check out YT to see if I can find some of these lippies in action.

Thanks for the video from Colouredbeautiful, that is a nice look with the white eyeshadow, Imma try it out soon ! I LOL at her warning about avoiding white eyeshadow above the crease.. that was funny and so true !!!!!!!!
Yes indeedy, I keep my retractable lip brush in my bag at all times. One thing I've noticed about Magnolia is that I can never seem to find many lip swatches. I desperately search. Whoa does look like a really pretty purple. I absolutely LOVE Siked. I keep it in my purse.
girlhaha.gif

ETA: I put swatches of Naked Dark and Deep Dark in the pigment swatches thread in the Product Swatches forum.

BeautyByLele

I have Naked and Naked Dark. Naked dark is really nice, Im sure you'll like it. People probably bought all the samples up since everybody was talking about them in the RiRi thread... lol !!

BeautyByLele

Yes indeedy, I keep my retractable lip brush in my bag at all times. One thing I've noticed about Magnolia is that I can never seem to find many lip swatches. I desperately search. Whoa does look like a really pretty purple. I absolutely LOVE Siked. I keep it in my purse.
girlhaha.gif

ETA: I put swatches of Naked Dark and Deep Dark in the pigment swatches thread in the Product Swatches forum.
Your right about finding lip swatches... maybe they arent that popular yet, so maybe people are not to quick to buy. Maybe on the next sale I'll try one out.

Copperhead

I have True Chartreuse pigment, its very pretty !!! I didn't order Silly lipstick from the FS collection, Im keeping my butt for that. How do you like it ? I noticed Mac never restocked the FS collection.... I wonder why not ? For some reason, I dont think I could rock a blue lippie
so Imma leave that to those that can !!!
Your right about finding lip swatches... maybe they arent that popular yet, so maybe people are not to quick to buy. Maybe on the next sale I'll try one out.
I haven't tried the Silly l/s on my lips yet but swatched on my hand it's a little darker than I thought it would be. It's a pretty pink though. Oh no, I know I can't rock a blue lippie. My husband would probably look at me like 'now where do you think you're going?' LOL!

sss215

Lele, since we're talking about pigments, have you ever ordered samples from thebodyneeds2? I just received a few MAC pigment samples and they are currently running a promo where if you purchase 5 of thebodyneeds' lip lusters, you get 25% of your entire order by using the code Lippie. The promo runs thru tomorrow (7/10). I never ever thought to look at their house brand of products but in the sample order I received today they included a Lip Luster sample called Forget Him. It reminds me an awful lot of MAC's Show Orchid lipstick. So I was like, well hey, let me go look. So I go back over there, ended up buying 5 of the lip lusters and 3 or 4 of their mineral eyeshadows (pigments). One of the pigments called Blackened Violet is a weekly special for $0.01. Yes, 1 cent. LOL! The 25% off basically gave me free shipping but hey, I can deal with that. I can't wait to check these out because they look awfully pretty on the site. Also, they have glitters that look really nice too. 
I like The Body Needs. I need to check out that sale.

Copperhead

Yes that is a pretty color !! How is the texture ? Are they kinda like OCC lip tars?
I'm not really sure how they compare to Lip Tars because I don't have any Lip Tars (hangs head in shame). LOL! I HAVE swatched a lip tar in Sephora though but I've never put a Lip Tar on my actual lips. The one and only Lip Fix I have is almost like a potted lipstick but creamier. If you dip your lipbrush in it it will make an indentation. It's almost like MAC's Casual Lip & Cheek Colours but MAC's is more 'stiff'. It's a little thick (thicker than a Lip Tar) and has really nice staying power. You don't need a lot of it and it doesn't feel drying on the lips. It's pretty much a potted creamy lipstick. They now have a few matte ones but I haven't tried any of them.

This is Siked with a light lining of Nightmoth and a little of Revlon's Lilac Pastelle gloss on top.

BeautyByLele

I was playing around with the recent pigments I purchased and wanted to share Mystique pigment and Blue Holographic Glitter on the Lid
3cebc21f_image.jpeg
576e2b77_image.jpeg
1994d286_image.jpeg

BeautyByLele

Also just got an email from Magnolia makeup about a sale up to 50% off sale for inventory reduction
pompom.gif
so imma see whats on sale right now to see if I can knock some things off my list

BeautyByLele

Beautiful eye - and what foundation are you wearing?
Thank you Im actually wearing the NEW Mac BB Cream in Dark Deep, although I do have Mac MSFN in Dark on top to set it. I must say I actually really like the BB Cream too its my first time ever trying a BB Cream and I do like it. I just applied it with my fingers.

Copperhead

Also just got an email from Magnolia makeup about a sale up to 50% off sale for inventory reduction
pompom.gif
so imma see whats on sale right now to see if I can knock some things off my list
Lele! That eye look is soooo pretty!

Really?? Let me see if I got an email from Magnolia.

Copperhead

I didn't get an email but I went to the site and saw some items with prices knocked down. For True Beaucoup Lips is on sale. That looks like a pretty purple.

sagehen

Thank you Im actually wearing the NEW Mac BB Cream in Dark Deep, although I do have Mac MSFN in Dark on top to set it. I must say I actually really like the BB Cream too its my first time ever trying a BB Cream and I do like it. I just applied it with my fingers.
Dang it now I may have to investigate BB cream for the first time.

Copperhead

Yeah I ordered a few more pigments some of the ones that were $5 !! I ordered Buck Jump, Mirror Ball, Fire Eater and Gambit.

Yeah def give it a try . So far I have no complaints.,
Oooh, I've been curious about Mirror Ball. Nice choices Lele! I just went digging to find a few samples that a YT friend sent me because I had forgotten which ones she sent. I have samples of Double Rice, Ella, Caramel (I hate that they discontinued this one), Lady Day, Puddin, and Gilded.

BeautyByLele

Oooh, I've been curious about Mirror Ball. Nice choices Lele! I just went digging to find a few samples that a YT friend sent me because I had forgotten which ones she sent. I have samples of Double Rice, Ella, Caramel (I hate that they discontinued this one), Lady Day, Puddin, and Gilded.
Caramel sounds like it would have been nice. Did you order anything ?