Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty

what brush/technique would you suggest using to apply this concealer b/c it's so thick
tia
smiles.gif

I simply use a concealer brush from MUFE, I think it's #6N
You can also do it with your fingers, but it can be tricky because it sometimes changes the PH of the product. Under an e/s it's ok... but as a concealer itself it's not the best

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I simply use a concealer brush from MUFE, I think it's #6N
You can also do it with your fingers, but it can be tricky because it sometimes changes the PH of the product.

Thanks for the speedy response , Willa!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Under an e/s it's ok... but as a concealer itself it's not the best

Which concealer is the the best for under eye?

Willa

It's my pleasure to help when I can
My favorite concealers from MUFE are the Lifting ones, they blend perfectly!
I only use my palette, or the one on the pic I posted, as an e/s

@ GlamYOURUs : I wish I could help you on that one, but I'm not familiar enough yet with MAC's skintone chart. Trying it would be the best answer right now. I wouldnt suggest a foundation to somebody I can't see face to face, a concealer is diffrent IMO, but a foundation it's a total other thing.

blindpassion

Willa, you're awesome.
As I mentioned before, I use MUFE HD 117 and I'm looking into all of MUFE's concealers and those type of products,

What do you recommend I check out?
Also, what shade do you think I would be in Face and Body and Mat Velvet?

Thankss!!

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Willa, you're awesome.
As I mentioned before, I use MUFE HD 117 and I'm looking into all of MUFE's concealers and those type of products,

Thankss!!

Thank you darling, this is sweet of you <3

First, in Matte Velvet I would maybe try #15 or 20, depending on the yellow undertones in your skin. 15 is very light.
Then with Face and Body I'd give a try for #32, remember, F&B isnt covering, it's only unifying the skin.

Can you access the products in person? Do you have a Sephora near you?
I wouldnt buy online without having tried it before.

For a concealer, as I always say, the Lift concealer is awesome, #3 is a winner.

Or, #1 camouflage palette
winks.gif

I hope it helps, still learning a lot about foundations tho.

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Willa, you're awesome.

Thankss!!

If you can get over to the mainland Vancouver, you should check out the MUFE counter in Sears Pacific Centre to get colour matched. It's a Pro MUFE location and the girls there are awesome. There's also the MUFE counter in the BAY Pacific centre just incase they might be out of stock of a certain items at the Pro location

xoleaxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I am NC35, what color would I be in the HD foundation and concealer palette? Thanks!

i'm an NC35 too and i wear #128 in the HD foundation. hth!

does anyone know what ONE shade darker is from #32? The way MUFE numbers their foundations is confusing. I really like #32 but it's just SLIGHTLY too light. Thanks
smiles.gif

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:

... remember, F&B isnt covering, it's only unifying the skin.

best description ever!
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
does anyone know what ONE shade darker is from #32? The way MUFE numbers their foundations is confusing. I really like #32 but it's just SLIGHTLY too light. Thanks
smiles.gif

kinda hard to say b/c MUFE's #'s are so non sensical

I bit the bullet and spent the money to buy 2 F&B 's to mix my own colour.
My super palest self is closest to #32 but that is if I've been hiding from the sun for 6 months...
I have olive toned skin so for my darker F&B to mix,I went to my super-tanned olive version ... #18

#32 on it's own is too light for me but I mix with portions of #18 to darken as my tan changes through the year and #18 gives me that yummy olive undertone that I need

and it works out well for contouring/highlighting b/c the edges of my face is darker and working and blending the 2 colours lets me create that "spotlight" effect in the centre of my face

i only figured this all out with the help of my MUFE MA so def get some professional help in person if you can

*side note: I don't wear HD b/c we couldn't get a perfect match and I didn't want fiddle mixing colours b/c it's not forgiving as the F&B
HTH...
smiles.gif

blindpassion

Thanks guys, I have a MUFE counter just a few minutes from my house
smiles.gif
I just don't trust the girls opinions there, I always seem to have more product knowledge then they do - they aren't very well trained. Thank-you for your opinions
smiles.gif

Willa

Quote:
smiles.gif
I just don't trust the girls opinions there, I always seem to have more product knowledge then they do - they aren't very well trained. Thank-you for your opinions
smiles.gif

Ho my god that's so sad
th_confused_new.gif

I wish they we're all as professionnal as the ones at my counter
The manager is sooo sweet!

But I know how you feel, last week I met the Director of MUFE in Quebec's province, and I knew stuff she didnt...
shockt.gif

I kinda mentionned that I love to take information on makeup anywhere I can, including on the internet, and she gave me a weird look, like it wasnt ok... I guess some people underestimates the power of Specktra
lol.gif

Simply Elegant

Quote:
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

I'm 117 in the HD one and I'm between a 15 and a 20 in the mat velvet so I use 15 with a slightly darker powder to compensate for that and it ends up being a very close match.

Ikara

Quote:
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

I know what you mean!
I went to MUFE pro store and they gave me some samples of the HD, the girl looked at me (indoor store lightning, and a bit dark) at matched me perfectly!
I went to Sephora's counter and the girl gave me #140 (and I'm 117!!!)
(NC20 in MAC SFF, 20 in Mat velvet+)

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikara
I know what you mean!I went to MUFE pro store and they gave me some samples of the HD, the girl looked at me (indoor store lightning, and a bit dark) at matched me perfectly!
I went to Sephora's counter and the girl gave me #140 (and I'm 117!!!)
(NC20 in MAC SFF, 20 in Mat velvet+)

Ugh don't you hate that! well atleast you can get matched!
At my counter there isnt any staff.... ever... like they actually don't have employes... for real.

And they don't carry 117 which is a sephora exclusive
and since I live in BC, we don't have a sephora (lol it never ends!)
so after buying and returning 110, I bought 117 off of a specktra girl, and it was a perfect match.

Thankgod. What drama.

Willa

I've been told that all Sephora exclusives will be available soon in all MUFE stores or counters. Let's hope it's true!
th_worship.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
I've been told that all Sephora exclusives will be available soon in all MUFE stores or counters. Let's hope it's true!
th_worship.gif

That is beautiful music to my ears!!!

I actually got in a freaking argument with one of the girls at the MUFE counter... she wasn't even a MUFE employee, she just works in the beauty section of sears. And she advised me on a foundation that ended up being the wrong shade, and they have a "you can't return it if you use it" policy. So I went back and explained, very nicely of course, to the two ladies in that section that I felt really misguided by someone who didn't know the shades or the product, and the color and undertone were all wrong for me. The lady had told me that 110 is 117, sephora just labels them differently. Which I knew was bolognia but I hoped it worked out for my skin. Didnt work out. And when I took it back they refused to return it and I said, I felt conned into buying a product by someone who obviously had no experience with the colors or the forumla and I want to return it. And then they tried to argue with me telling me that MUFE doesn't make a 117 and theres no such thing!? LOL I have it in my bathroom! Its not as if I'd be making that up.

Long story short, after I let them know how upset I was about their standards, I returned the product. Keep in mind, these are 50 dollars plus tax in Canada.

Willa

I F-ING hate Sears for that!!!
I can't trust any other counter than my downtown one...
A friend of mine went to Sears back in dec. for a makeup (you buy 45$ and get a makeup for free). She was disapointed and misguided on certain products.

I talked about it to the manager at my counter and she said that she hates that too... They don't have time to train them properly, and that's what happen.

I went to Sears to buy my products after christmas (gift card), and it was a Shiseido lady who was at the MUFE counter. Maaaannnn the whole time she was trying to sell me her stupid cleanser. I - DON'T - CARE . com about your things, I'm here for MUFE and that's it! The worst, after spending 160$ she only gave me crappy stupid and BLEHHHH samples of guess what? Shiseido
nonono.gif

I hate that they sell wrong colors to other people, and it ends up not being used, worst : in the garbages!!!!

blindpassion

Quote:
I F-ING hate Sears for that!!!I can't trust any other counter than my downtown one...
A friend of mine went to Sears back in dec. for a makeup (you buy 45$ and get a makeup for free). She was disapointed and misguided on certain products.

I talked about it to the manager at my counter and she said that she hates that too... They don't have time to train them properly, and that's what happen.

I went to Sears to buy my products after christmas (gift card), and it was a Shiseido lady who was at the MUFE counter. Maaaannnn the whole time she was trying to sell me her stupid cleanser. I - DON'T - CARE . com about your things, I'm here for MUFE and that's it! The worst, after spending 160$ she only gave me crappy stupid and BLEHHHH samples of guess what? Shiseido
nonono.gif

I hate that they sell wrong colors to other people, and it ends up not being used, worst : in the garbages!!!!

I totally agree. I would have respected the sears employees 100% more if they had have honesty said when I was going to try the product "I don't work for Make Up For Ever so I am not the best person to advise you, but if you like we can try some colors on your skin and try to make the best choice"

instead of being like "omfg 110 is your color
greengrin.gif
yeah its the same as 117, blah blah"

MissAlphaKitty

MUFE has 2 Pro locations in Canada.
1 is in Toronto and the other is Vancouver.

There is MUFE counter at the BAY just a block away but I never go there cuz I kinda get the vibe the girls there are just salestaff and not really make up artists

omg i feel so bad for u blindpassion, after hearing about your horror stories, I'd def try to get to Vancouver... call ahead to make sure that someone is on staff that day... It's aweful that I don't remember her name but the cute East Indian girl there is such a sweetheart and I'd totally recommend her help

Thy only have like 2 make up artists on staff ad they are both actually make up artists. The location of the PRO MUFE counter in Sears Pacific centre is a blessing and a curse at the same time.... poor girls freeze their lil butts off cuz they are right by the doors off Robson Street but they have a whole wall that is floor to ceiling windows so the whole place is flooded with natural light

And don't forget that if you plan on buying a min of 3 items, they do a full make up application....

good luck in ur hunt!
smiles.gif

xoleaxo

i really wish we had a MUFE counter here! we only have Sephora & i have been horribly "matched" with a couple of different lines. I really liked #128 in the HD foundation, but I think i need to be rematched because my tan faded a little. since i dont' trust their matching skills sometimes, i almost always get a sample first so i can try it at home & see it in good lighting.

Sanayhs

The mat velvet + in 15/alabaster is a dead-on match for my skin. Will one of the concealers match me just as well? Most concealers in the world like to turn orange on me, and that's just not cute. I don't have MUFE anywhere near me, as I'm in Halifax.
ssad.gif

Latest posts