Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

im actually very new to MUFE and am doing a change from MAC to MUFE. i think ive gotten everything MAC has to pretty much offer. I'm not gonna stop but im moving on pretty much. MUFE is rich in pigment and its not much more then MAC sine MAC is raising the prices. NOW has anyone tried purple 92??? its always sold out dangit! i must have!!

pr317

I have the HD finishing powder, and I agree, it can look a bit chalky and dry on my pale skin.. But if I make sure I'm very moisturized and use bronzer under it, it doesn't do that. Also, you really only need a tiny bit!
I like it and it does what the sales rep. said ("Makes your face look almost blurry and flawless and sets all your makeup underneath"). I'm happy with it, although it does have a weird chalky smell you can't help but notice when you dust it near your nose!

blindpassion

Does anyone know the price of the 6 pan palettes from MUFE! In any currency? I am thinking of picking up one or two tomorrow
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Does anyone know the price of the 6 pan palettes from MUFE! In any currency? I am thinking of picking up one or two tomorrow
smiles.gif

I think they're $12 USD.

EDIT: I checked, and I thought right.
smiles.gif
$12 US for a 6 pan MUFE palette.
yes.gif

nursee81

has anyone ever ordered from the MUFE store in NYC? If so how much was shipping and did they charge tax?

Also I was planning on ordering at least 10 e/s any recommendations?

ladyJ

I have a few questions and they may have been asked before. I was too lazy to read all the pages sorry!!!

What is the difference between HD, Matte Velvet, and Face & Body? Right now I am using HD and I like it but I was wondering if maybe the other foundations are better suited for my skin. I have oily/combination and acne-prone. Would Matte velvet be better for me? What are the coverage differences with these three foundations? Do the other cause breakouts?

How are the primers? Like them? Hate them? Worth the price?

Also, how are the concealers? Which one is best?

Thanks in advance!!

Willa

The HD is a ultra covering foundation, doesnt fit to everyone because it covers everything, including freckles. Personnaly, I wouldnt like to cover them, I wouldnt look like myself.

Matte Velvet has a good coverage, but not as much as HD. It's good for people with normal/oily skin.

Body and Face is 70% made of water, it's a gel texture. Good for people who doesnt like to wear foundation, you can't feel it on your skin, it's very light. Doesnt cover, but it unifies your skin. I use it and I love it
smiles.gif

As for primer, the white HD is def. my favorite. I like that it unifies my skin before applying my foundation.

Concealer : Full cover is for people who knows about technical, because you have to use it with powder, to do the job better, usually for people with scars, sun damaged skin or depigmentation. I use lift concealer and it's perfect, applied after your foundation and always with a brush, not your hands because it changes the PH of the product.

th_wink3.gif

ladyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
The HD is a ultra covering foundation, doesnt fit to everyone because it covers everything, including freckles. Personnaly, I wouldnt like to cover them, I wouldnt look like myself.

Matte Velvet has a good coverage, but not as much as HD. It's good for people with normal/oily skin.

Body and Face is 70% made of water, it's a gel texture. Good for people who doesnt like to wear foundation, you can't feel it on your skin, it's very light. Doesnt cover, but it unifies your skin. I use it and I love it
smiles.gif

As for primer, the white HD is def. my favorite. I like that it unifies my skin before applying my foundation.

Concealer : Full cover is for people who knows about technical, because you have to use it with powder, to do the job better, usually for people with scars, sun damaged skin or depigmentation. I use lift concealer and it's perfect, applied after your foundation and always with a brush, not your hands because it changes the PH of the product.

th_wink3.gif

Thanks for the awesome descriptions! I guess I did get the right foundation. HD it is haha! I need coverage because I have acne scars and red marks. I really appreciate your response!

Willa

Or, you could use Matte Velvet with HD green primer for your redness
It would also cover the redness of your scars (if there is) but it cannot hide it. The All Matte would be good to ''fullfill'' a little the scars, it's good for people who's pores are large, you apply it after your foundation. It's a silicone gel.

You can always send me a pm if you want, I sometimes work for MUFE and I've been using these products for more than 5 years now
winks.gif

ladyJ

Quote:
Or, you could use Matte Velvet with HD green primer for your redness
It would also cover the redness of your scars (if there is) but it cannot hide it. The All Matte would be good to ''fullfill'' a little the scars, it's good for people who's pores are large, you apply it after your foundation. It's a silicone gel.

You can always send me a pm if you want, I sometimes work for MUFE and I've been using these products for more than 5 years now
winks.gif

Thanks I appreciate it!

darkishstar

Wow, I want to get into MUFE!
I want to check out the Face and Body Foundation. I'm tired of using my MAC Moistureblend make up.
Does anyone in particular know what an NC30 should use in MUFE? I've read it's hard to match NC30 to MUFE. I hope that's not true.
ssad.gif

I also want to check out the eyeshadows too! Only the bold matte colors though, I have enough shimmers and iridescent stuff from MAC. I want the 92 and the 75! But to my knowledge, 75 isn't available from Sephora? (It's not listed on their site.)

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Wow, I want to get into MUFE!
I want to check out the Face and Body Foundation. I'm tired of using my MAC Moistureblend make up.
Does anyone in particular know what an NC30 should use in MUFE? I've read it's hard to match NC30 to MUFE. I hope that's not true.
ssad.gif

I also want to check out the eyeshadows too! Only the bold matte colors though, I have enough shimmers and iridescent stuff from MAC. I want the 92 and the 75! But to my knowledge, 75 isn't available from Sephora? (It's not listed on their site.)

Its listed under the blush part of the MUFE section on the Sephora website
smiles.gif

Septemba

I read all the great reviews on the Lift concealer and now I really want to try it! Does anyone know what the palest shade is?

blindpassion

I have a question about concealer too, I want to purchase one of their concealer palettes, which one do you think would go best with my skin tone?
I am NC15 or MUFE HD 117
smiles.gif

Willa

The concealer palettes are great, I mostly use the pallest color from my #5 but as a base for my e/s, it stays all day without creasing, IMO better than Urban Decay's Primer Potion.

I bought this one because I wanted something versatile, I can correct redness (with the green) and use it on other people I do the makeup with the other corrective colors.

This is a good product, very covering, because it's thick.
If you're looking for a concealer under your eye only, I'd buy the Lift concealer because it's easier to work with.

But for a pale person, I'd use the #1, #2 would fit better on asian, #3 and 4 for darker skins.

The pallest color in lift concealer is #1, but from what I've experienced when I did people's foundations and concealers in store is that #3 fits a lot of people.

yes.gif

Edit :

Here's the #12 concealer
2qdmoaq.jpg

In my #5 palette it's #13, but #12 is paller and more versatile, as I can use it to make my e/s pop! Like if I was using a white NYX stick or something like that. But I prefer MUFE because the quality is there, it never let me down
winks.gif

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:

Here's the #12 concealer
2qdmoaq.jpg

what brush/technique would you suggest using to apply this concealer b/c it's so thick
tia
smiles.gif

Latest posts