Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

thelove4tequila

I tested the HD powder the other day and OMG it is amazing! LOVE it.

The only thing I don't like about MUFE is that their entire line isn't very accessible. Yes, a lot of Sephora's carry MUFE but not their ENTIRE line which includes a ton of amazing e/s colors and finishes. Too bad cuz I really reallllly want to fill up my MUFE palette but it looks like I will have to call the store in NY and send the refills to me.
ssad.gif

kittykatsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by effboysinthebut
I have the HD Loose powder and I love it. I'm an NC25. You can tell a difference once you put it on. Pores are smaller. It's great. Worth the $30. You only need a little though.

As far as shadows they don't have quite as many as MAC but if you like BRIGHT colors they do have what MAC lacks. Some of MAC Pro's e/s are bright but for the most part they don't carry bright colors like MUFE.

I have the Velvet Matte powder and I like the coverage. It stays pretty matte on me, still.

As for the Aqua liners, I've tried using the white one on the waterline and it didn't work out that well. But I haven't tried to use them for normally lining.

As for the HD powder i find it a bit drying for my normal skin. When i try to set it, i can see the dusting white powder and i don't really know it if intended for pale skin only because i find it a bit white on my skin. I totally agreed that it makes the skin feel rediculously smooth but i don't know if i will repurchase considering $30 a pop for 0.35 oz is a bit steep.

DirtyPlum

So what do you guys think of the Super Lip Gloss? I have two, pink and clear. Initially I really like the texture of them and they felt like they would be long-lasting. But the more I have used them, the more I dislike them.

I put Pink over MAC Fabby lipstick yday but after a minute the gloss just gathered up on the inside of my lip and went all gooey and sticky. I think I might be throwing it away.

naijapretty

Re: I love Makeup For Ever!!

COLOR="Black"] Quote:
Originally posted by LatinaRose
"After applying lashes and letting them dry, take the end of a pointy makeup brush (or pointy tweezers) and apply a thin layer of glue along the "seam", where the lashes meet your lid. Clean off the end of your brush and use it push down on your lid to make it "fold" over the seam of the fake lashes."

[/color][/color][/quote]

there's actually a video on youtube that shows this

YouTube - Quick Trick for Putting on False Eyelashes

I just got the MUFE flash palette and gosh, it's pigmented! A dot was more than enough blush on both cheeks for me. Also got the 5 palette camouflage cream concealer, which is highly rated among MUAs and their undereye concealer (forgotten its name) is very good. HD powder is also getting rave reviews as well.
HTH.
winkiss.gif

sh3lby70

Hi everyone, newbie from Australia here! I hope I have posted this request in the correct area, if not, feel free to point me in the right direction!

I need your advice with MUFE HD Foundation colour matching as I have to purchase this on-line. I currently use MAC Studio Fix in NW25 or the Select in NW20 - how would that translate across to the MUFE range?

Thanking you all in advance xx

PS - I love reading all these posts

nursee81

MUFE HD Primer

Has anyone tried this? I just ordered some stuff from Sephora.com and wanted to order this Primer. If anyone has tried it what are your inputs on in and which one is best? I am an NC40 in MSF.

lanieball

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwkerric
So I have a Q about MUFE...

I use all MAC for my face right now. But I'm starting to hate it. For several reasons.
  • Starting to look blotchy
  • When I take pictures I look like a pale ghost even though I'm NC25-30
  • Makes my pores look huge
  • My face is starting to breakout A LOT
Would any of you say MUFE could solve all these problems?

I don't know why the hell it does that. I spoke with an artist and she said there is something in the formula that attracts light and that is why you look pale in pictures. It drives me crazy!!
thmbdn.gif

Which MAC foundation are you using? There are a couple that I prefer for photo shoots and that I haven't had any problems with.
The artist you talked to probably mentioned titanium dioxide. Products with a high concentration of it reflect light more. If you know you'll be photographed you can also lightly powder your neck or shoulders or whatever skin is exposed to help balance that effect.
My sister has problems with her skin breaking out from certain MAC foundations but that's all a very personal thing and until you try it it's impossible to say what will work! (Unless you have known allergies/sensitivity to something)

Ok but on to MUFE stuff! If you're an artist I highly recommend the flash color palette!! You can do just about anything with it. I love star powders, although the fuchsia STAINS my lids for days. Anyone else have this problem? My friend and I (NC15 and 20) both experienced it!

lyttleravyn

Re: MUFE HD Primer

I have MUFE's Microperfecting Primer in Blue and I LOVE it. It feels a little lighter than other primers I've used (Smashbox and MAC). And personally I love the blue tint which is good for my complexion, they have a couple other colors tho all seem nice.

civicbabe627

I have used the blue primer as well to wear under the HD foundation. I am a 117 in the foundation. I don't feel as though it makes a difference. I wore with primer yesterday, and without today, and it looked the same and stayed on the same amount of time and still looked great!

COBI

I agree with civicbabe627. I bought the HD primer in Blue, but didn't find that it made any difference at all. I ended up returning it. For $32, I expected to feel or see a difference.

Ikara

my fucsia eyeshadow also stains but a couple of washes and it's gone ^_^

clwkerric you should try MUFE HD fundation, there's no possible way your pores will look bigger with it and you won't look blotchy either

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
I tested the HD powder the other day and OMG it is amazing! LOVE it.

The only thing I don't like about MUFE is that their entire line isn't very accessible. Yes, a lot of Sephora's carry MUFE but not their ENTIRE line which includes a ton of amazing e/s colors and finishes. Too bad cuz I really reallllly want to fill up my MUFE palette but it looks like I will have to call the store in NY and send the refills to me.
ssad.gif

What are some good MUFE eyeshadows that you recommend? When you bought stuff from the in their NYC store do they charge tax? how much was shipping?

kmae

I am using MUFE Mat Velvet + do you think I need a setting powder like the HD microfinish powder or Super matte loose powder? I like the way my make up looks without a setting powder, but I'm wondering if it will look even better with one?

honeyjr

I bought the green one and it didn't make a difference either. I agree with the previous post, for the price it should make quite a visible difference IMO.

Mabelle

i like the texture of this better than any other primer ive tried. i dont wear liquid foundation often, but i put it on before i put on my be or another powder. it seems to work great!

rachybloom

I got the blue primer as well to help brighten my pale complexion and even out redness.. I think it's fantastic for this purpose but honestly, the only reason I buy primers is to help with longevity and this primer kinda sucks for that purpose. I don't notice a difference most of the time, so I'll probably switch back to Smashbox Photo Finish Light after I finish off the bottle.

doll.face

I was interested in one of these primers but after seeing what you guys have to say, I think I'm going to pass. I use the Smashbox primer as well (light) and it works pretty good. It's the only primer I've ever used but it never feels heavy or anything so, I'm happy! It doesn't totally help with oil but whatever, I don't mind using a few blotting sheets during the day
winks.gif

Ikara

So I was at MUFE site and I've spotted 20 new eyeshadow colors 10 matte (6 new browns! yay!) and 10 shimmery... I've checked Sephora and it seems they already were selling these... anyhow... there's a new shade of RED!!! has anyone tried it? it's number 158 - Cold Red

michelle79

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsuzy
I love MUFE, I have some of their eyeshadows and LOVE THEM!! they are very intense MY FAVORITE IS NUMBER 92! that Purple its like the best purple I have its awesome!!!!

I love #92!!!! It is the best purple ever!
thmbup.gif

Latest posts