Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

elektra513

I bought the MUFE full coverage concealer earlier this month, and have really been trying to get it to work for me. While the color match was fine, it seemed like the more I stippled it on to my dark spots for coverage, the more I could see the dark spots straight through it all. Plus it was the exact color as the mix I made my MAC studio finish (2 mac concealers to MUFE's one in terms of price), so I returned the MUFE today. MAC wins in the full coverage concealer dept for me right now...I do want to keep checking for what else MUFE has. Scared to try that mat velvet fndn...and I have to go to sephora for it *sigh*

Penn

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_star
Hi everyone, i REALLY REALLY want to try the Makeup Forever HD Foundation.
Im an NC30 and would like to ask if anybody know what shade i would be.

Thanks a MILLION to whoever can help me find my right shade because im from the UK and i can only order Makeup Forever products online.

I'm an NC 30 too but I've gotten a bit more tanned over the summer, I just recently bought the HD foundation in 128. HTH

a_star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn
I'm an NC 30 too but I've gotten a bit more tanned over the summer, I just recently bought the HD foundation in 128. HTH

Thank you so much for letting me know. I really cant wait to get this foundation hehe.
<3

SweetCheeks

I got samples of the HD and I am in love with this foundation ... now to find the right shade ! I have yellow/olive undertones, light/medium skin but the 153 is way too dark and the 123 is too light and both are too golden ... I am thinking 128 may be the answer to offset my problem, thoughts?

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
i am interested in this line of products as well. the velvet matte foundation sounds interesting to me. i am now nw40 in mac and wonder if any one could suggest what shade i would likely be in mufe???

I have worn MUFE for a little bit now. I have been wearing their Mat+ Velvet. I am NW 47 and I wear 180 in the HD. I would try the 175 or 177 for you, depends on your undertones.

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
i am interested in this line of products as well. the velvet matte foundation sounds interesting to me. i am now nw40 in mac and wonder if any one could suggest what shade i would likely be in mufe???

I am NW 47 and I use Mat Velvet in 85... I mix 85+90 in the summer. I would suggest 70 or 75 for NW 40.
thmbup.gif

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
did you set with powder?

set it with the HD powder --- Gorgeous!

Lovey99

I am NW47 with a very very oily T-zone.

I do not have many blemishes, but I do have large pores
I use MUFE foundation primer - #4
I use HD fndtn in 180 or Mat + Velvet in 85
I set it with the HD trans. white powder
My face looks flawless and does not look like I have on make-up. I get tons of compliments at work and while I am out. A MAC MUA complimented me yesterday.
I have very sensitive skin...this works great!

manthanoelle

I JUST got my first MUFE product tonight; 309 diamond eyeshadow.
I've been waiting to try it for a long while and haven't had time to go to a Sephora lately.

I was so disappointed with this location I went to, they had no applicator sponges out for testing and the staff was on the not so good customer service side that I didn't get to test anything out. BUT I did see the shadow that I got and it wasn't even a question, I was buying it.

I've been trying to do some research on MUFE, I'd really like to purchase their palette and refill E/S and blush pans. MUFE.com says you can fax or email a store to place an order, now the only MUFE store in the states is in new york. I reside in California. I am wondering if theres any way I can purchase these items persay a second party vendor?

Krasevayadancer

I think I am going to pay the retail store a visit sometime very soon.

My experience with the eyeshadows, star powders and hd products has been phenomenal

SweetCheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn

Our tones are similar and I also have found the 128 to be the best match
yes.gif

GoldenGirl

Anyone out there an NC50 using F&B? I'm curious to try the HD foundation, but I don't really want that much coverage. I think I'll foray into F&B first, then if I like, transition to the HD for the colder months when my skin is drier and more pale....(Paler? More pale?) I did check out the HD at Sephora and I'm pretty sure I'm a 177. Anyone think they can tell me which shade I'd be in the F&B?

ETA: I went to Sephora last night and thought I was a 175 and got a sample. But when I put it on this morning it looked like a mask in natural light and in pics. I think I'll check out the boutique here in the city and get an MUA to swatch me because clearly I have no idea what I'm doing!
smiles.gif

ELEMNOP

I just bought the HD Microperfecting Primer and Invisible Cover Foundation in Caramel and the HD Microfinish Powder. It looks great on my skin, and I'm usually weary when it comes to liquid foundation. It looks very natural, almost as if I'm hardly wearing any foundation. It's great. Doesn't feel cakey at all. I am in love with this line.

Dottles

Does anyone know if you can MUFE in the UK? If so, where? I want like a wide range of stuff to be available to choose from, I've only seen a few things I think at Debenhams. ;[

Lucenah

I absolutely LOVE MUFE's Face & Body Foundation - it somehow totally evens out your skin tone while looking like you're wearing nothing at all o_O

I just have a question about it
yes.gif
I have it right now in shade #34, but I've found that's it a bit dark and a tinge too red-toned for my winter Filipino skin. What's the lighter and yellower shade before #34? It looks like I could be #32, but I'm afraid that that might not be yellow enough either.

What do you light-medium-toned Asian gals wear?
th_dunno.gif

clwkerric

So I have a Q about MUFE...

I use all MAC for my face right now. But I'm starting to hate it. For several reasons.
  • Starting to look blotchy
  • When I take pictures I look like a pale ghost even though I'm NC25-30
  • Makes my pores look huge
  • My face is starting to breakout A LOT
Would any of you say MUFE could solve all these problems?

I hear a lot how wonderful MUFE is.

Has anyone else noticed the pale ghost thing about when you take a pic? Does MUFE do that?

I don't know why the hell it does that. I spoke with an artist and she said there is something in the formula that attracts light and that is why you look pale in pictures. It drives me crazy!!
thmbdn.gif

sharkbytes

My new LOVE is MUFE High Definition Foundation!!! It's definitely an HG item for me now, I've never ever found a foundation that matches my skin this perfectly. And it applies like a dream~ I'm 107, I think it's the lightest one but it doesn't wash me out or make my skin look orange. <3

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucenah
I absolutely LOVE MUFE's Face & Body Foundation - it somehow totally evens out your skin tone while looking like you're wearing nothing at all o_O

I just have a question about it
yes.gif
I have it right now in shade #34, but I've found that's it a bit dark and a tinge too red-toned for my winter Filipino skin. What's the lighter and yellower shade before #34? It looks like I could be #32, but I'm afraid that that might not be yellow enough either.

What do you light-medium-toned Asian gals wear?
th_dunno.gif

Think it will be perf. for you, I wear 32 but it's a tad too dark,but it's def. yellow enough(I'm very yellow-toned), but the lighter color is too neutral... I've recently been wearing it and I actually like it way better than my beloved Mat Velvet +....HTH!
winkiss.gif

Siobhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottles
Does anyone know if you can MUFE in the UK? If so, where? I want like a wide range of stuff to be available to choose from, I've only seen a few things I think at Debenhams. ;[

Hi! The Make-up Artists Provisions store in west London stocks make-up forever (M.A.P). It's a really good outlet, stocks so much stuff!. Check them out on line.

Latest posts