Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

astronaut

# 171

983775.JPG

983772.JPG

#169 Darker version of Knight Divine. Nothing to go crazy about. I returned it.

983774.JPG

983773.JPG

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
# 171

983775.JPG

983772.JPG

#169 Darker version of Knight Divine. Nothing to go crazy about. I returned it.

983774.JPG

983773.JPG

Ahh but the green one looks HOT HOT HOT! Have you used it yet? I'd love to see an FOTD with it!

Ikara

So I finally got one of MUFE's foundations... my bad... it was Mat velvet + and though I love the coverage I hate how it breaks me out like crazy!!! my skin hasn't looked worse in ages! damn...
anyhow I don't want to give up yet with MUFE foundations... has anyone had problems with face&body?

Temptasia

Mat Velvet+ applied with a MAC 188 brush is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikara
So I finally got one of MUFE's foundations... my bad... it was Mat velvet + and though I love the coverage I hate how it breaks me out like crazy!!! my skin hasn't looked worse in ages! damn...
anyhow I don't want to give up yet with MUFE foundations... has anyone had problems with face&body?

Maybe your skin needs a little time to adjust to it?

StArCaNdY

Which MUFE translucent powder is better, the super matte loose powder or the HD loose powder? I need something that will last. Thanks!

daisydeadpetals

Quote:
Originally Posted by StArCaNdY
Which MUFE translucent powder is better, the super matte loose powder or the HD loose powder? I need something that will last. Thanks!

I haven't tried the super matte loose powder but I really like the HD powder. It's really silky and finely milled. I got a sample from sephora and then bought the full size. I can't wait to try the corresponding foundation!

Raevyn

Does anyone know what the HD loose powder is like for pale skin? Or any of them, for that matter?
I'm currently using MAC NC15 in the Studio Fix Fluid and NC15 in the Select Sheer loose powder and I'm finding them to be too organey now. I've odered samples of MUFE's Mat+ foundation in the lighter shades, but the only place I can get them here in Aus is extremely expensive ($68 for the Mat+ plus s&h) so I'm eager to find out if any other lily white ladies have had any luck with MUFE powders.

athena123

Hello, I'm thinking about trying MUFE Mattifying foundation because I need something that'll hold up to the heat and I perspire pretty heavily. The trouble is picking out the right shade from Sephora's website. The Natural Beige # 40 looks like a relatively close match, but when I was matched to Stila Illumunating powder, 40 watt was selected by the MA and it blended right into my skintone.

I've never successfully matched with MAC, the foundation always turns yellow on me but I"m kinda close to NC30 or NW25. Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Athena

effboysinthebut

I have the HD Loose powder and I love it. I'm an NC25. You can tell a difference once you put it on. Pores are smaller. It's great. Worth the $30. You only need a little though.

As far as shadows they don't have quite as many as MAC but if you like BRIGHT colors they do have what MAC lacks. Some of MAC Pro's e/s are bright but for the most part they don't carry bright colors like MUFE.

I have the Velvet Matte powder and I like the coverage. It stays pretty matte on me, still.

As for the Aqua liners, I've tried using the white one on the waterline and it didn't work out that well. But I haven't tried to use them for normally lining.

Love Always Ivy

for those of you who have just written that you have problems with foundations "turning" on you, i definetly reccomend MUFE, because their foundations stay true to color and have never "turned" anything on me

tlc7788

I love their water proof eye liner pencil! the best compare with mac power point eye liner pencil....that smudge badly.

elektra513

Hey y'all, I read on MUA that MUFE Velvet Mat+ dries pretty quickly when applying. Do you find this is the case? If so, how are you applying it? What's the best why to apply it so that it's perfectly blended before it sets?

TIA
smiles.gif

Ikara

It does dry really quick, I used to apply it with my 187 brush but you have to have a really quick hand with it or you won't be able to blend it
you could go with any foundation brush or sponge, but blend while applying because you won't be able to do it later hehehe
take tiny amounts and build up if necessary
If you don't need really heavy coverage you could mix it with moisturizer and it will be easier to work with

Simply Elegant

For blending the mat velvet+, I apply it right after primer instead of letting it sink in and I've never had a problem with it.

dragonflie

I tried the Matte Velvet foundation today and was a bit disappointed. It looked great at first, after about 2 hours my face looked pretty oily, the color stayed in place though. I also didn't really like the liquid liner. It got really dry on me, and when I went to fix the line later in the day the liner came off in chunks.

I love the eyeshadow though- super pigmented, great purples.

KellyBean

I was going to buy the Face and Body foundation, but after seeing the Kim Kardashian foundation video, I really want the HD foundation! I should be able to get to a sephora this weekend and I'll let you all know what I think after testing it out!