Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

Ikara

So... at last I tested it myself hehehe so I though I would share with you the results of my market study (as I call it hahah)

brushes: I do not have any MAC brush but I bought one from MUFE and compared it with my Sephora's and my Make up store ones... MUFE got highest marks, but I still have to check Sephora's platinum brushes... hehe

shadows: compared MAC matte, MAC matte 2, Make up store matte and MUFE matte. Results: as I said, swatching it on my hand MUFE = Matte, and MUS = Matte 2, but using them on the eyelid... MUFE = Matte 2 in means of colour payoff, blendability... so I think they are gorgeous! MUS is great but not as good as MAC or MUFE

so, for me, MUFE is the winner for matte eyeshadows
th_DANCE.gif

nooeeyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
I love the matte red eyeshadow (i forgot the number)! It's the only true red matte shadow I've found and I love it! Other then that, I don't have anything else from this line...

If you are looking for a good Red Matte Color. Try MAC's Basic Red Pigment. Its a PRO color so your gonna have to get it at a MAC PRO Store. But it is a FAB color honey
tong.gif
...true red.
yahoo.gif

Trista

Thanks to everyone who posted here. I have a lesson/makeover appointment with MUFE this week and you guys gave really good advice. I'm not really familiar with many of their products but I'm soo curious now. I can't wait for my makeover!
yes.gif

MAC_Pixie04

I didn't feel like reading this whole thread (I'm so bad!)
I just did a major event with the brand at work, and I got to work alongside the Pro Artists.

I Love:
Aqua Eyes Pencils! Amazing staying power, great colors, love the smooth texture. They don't get all hard and tug at your eye.

Star Powders! Incredibly versatile loose pigments, similar to MAC pigments (but they come with a sifter, so if you're clumsy like me, you won't lose as much if you spill it!)

Eyeshadows #92(Matte, true red), #99(Vibrant Matte Purple), #18(Vibrant, Matte Coral/Orange), #86 (Shimmery teal similar to MAC Parrot), #26 (Matte HOT PINK!) Super pigmented, incredible color payoff but bewarned a lot of the brighter colors will stain the skin lol

Super Mat Loose Powder! Translucent shade is truly invisible. Waterproofs your makeup, keeps everything looking super fresh. A little goes a long way, so it lasts forever!

Face&Body Liquid Makeup! I didn't initially like this product because it contained a lot of fillers and mineral oil which didn't agree with my oily skin. They've since reformulated, and I like the new version a lot better. It stays on all day, the coverage is buildable, and it doesn't smear and run all over the place in extreme conditions. Great for artists who want to mix customized shades, and looks amazing on film and on brides. I use this makeup on every bride I work with.

Full Cover concealer! Matte finish, waterproof. Doesn't smear or run around the eyes, fully covers scars and blemishes, but is oil free and won't clog pores.

Lift Concealer! I mix this with full cover so that it will stay better. The texture is very light, decent coverage but it brightens up a dull/dark eye.

Diamond Powder! Super fine milled glitter made from real diamonds. Extremely versatile (mix them into your loose powder for a sexy glam look or sprinkle them in your hair when you go out under lights at a club) What girl doesn't like a little glitter?

Diamond Shadows! Eyeshadows milled with diamond particle and mother of pearl. Super smooth and super shimmery, use them wet as a slick shiny eyeliner.

So, here's what I could live without:

Eye Seal-->Doesn't hold a candle to BeneFit SheLaq
Aqua Lip pencils-->Way too dry
Sculpting blush-->Colors are ashy on me
Mat Velvet+ foundation-->I liked the original better. This one is way too thick, it doesn't move well.
Kohl pencils-->Why bother? Aqua Eyes pencils are soft and smudgy and stay put, kohl pencils run away as soon as you touch them.

All in all, it's a really fun line to play with and all the products are made to last. If you get the chance to try on the products or play with the colors, I strongly encourage it!

Ikara

High definition has arrived at MUFE!
has anyone tried this new line??
I've seen on their site there is a foundation and a powder.

xjoycex

I bought MUFE mat velvet + yesterday, my first time to use a liquid foundation. I love it. It is holding up pretty well than my MAC fix plus foundation. I'll def stick to this product.
thmbup.gif

Has anyone tried any of the MUFE flash color e/s? They have great colors and I might get the Coral later.
yahoo.gif

I have 4 MAC paint pots and I didn't really like them
ssad.gif

Pinkish*RED

i lovve MUFE! the eyeshadows are awesommme bright and the colours come out so well! the star powder is amazing! My sister has a foundation from them to die for (but they said it's discontinued
ssad.gif
even tho it's still up online??)

Pinkish*RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjoycex
ssad.gif

I love paint pots! do you not like them because the colour doesn't show? I have perky which is like non existant when I put it on but I use it as a base and it's great

xjoycex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish*RED
I love paint pots! do you not like them because the colour doesn't show? I have perky which is like non existant when I put it on but I use it as a base and it's great

That is 1 of the 2 reasons, I have perky, rollickin' and two others (I forgot lol I really don't use them
ssad.gif
). I do use perky as a base too. Its just that its not as creamy as I thought it would be. I'm gonna try them again soon and see if I'll fall inlove with it
yes.gif

xjoycex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish*RED
i lovve MUFE! the eyeshadows are awesommme bright and the colours come out so well! the star powder is amazing! My sister has a foundation from them to die for (but they said it's discontinued
ssad.gif
even tho it's still up online??)

ITA! I actually just came back from Sephora and got myself the coral & green flash color and light blue gray (periwinkle) & the turquoise shimmer.
yahoo.gif
Can't wait to play with them.

chocokitty

Thanks for the all the posts. I'm not really familiar with MUFE but I recently tried it at my local Sephora and bought the ALL MAT primer which I LOVE. I'll have to go back to try the e/s and foundations.

Trista

I love the Star powders! I wore two of them last night and they stayed put when I used them over my MAC paint. Unfortunetely I did not have the same luck for the Aqua eye liner which actually faded and smeared on me (I have major problems with eyeliners staying put on my oily eyelids).
But overall I gotta say MUFE eyeshadows are super pigmented and beautiful.
yes.gif

Ethel

You'll have to report on the flashcolor from MUFE. I hear that they're more opaque than paint pots.

xjoycex

I LOVE IT!!!
yahoo.gif

The flash color is creamy compared to paint pots. You only need a lil bit and you'll be good so a pot will last you for a long time. Though like I posted on my blog, you either need an eye shadow to make the color pop or a setting powder because they really don't dry. Other than that, I love it!

I also bought two eye shadows and I love it, very pigmented!

Anyway, here are pictures that I took:

2305101671_cecc254f0f.jpg

2305880132_d017137784.jpg

2305081809_860d2f9bb7.jpg

user79

That looks so pretty...their star powders are really nice, but they are so damn pricey in Switzerland, and the pots are sooo small.
ssad.gif

Hi everyone. First post here on specktra, wow! Been a lurker for awhile though, haha. Anyway, yesterday I went to Sephora because I was eager to check them out. So here's my swatch

l_2a9352659ca925dc3dc9fb393179bd38.jpg

Top To Bottom, Left To Right:
Coral #2,
Bright Blue, Red #17, Yellow #13,
Black #11, Pale Blue #20, Leaf Green #9

I agree that these are SO creamy! almost like if a paint pot and fluidline were mixed. The color pay offs are awesome with just one swipe, my only thing is that you will have to wait for the color to set for a little while before overlapping or touching your eye because of the creaminess. They also have a high shine quality to them that I love. Almost as if you used the MAC gloss over a paint pot.

I also definitely agree that that coral is the most beautiful color, i have yet to see another color like it.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
Face&Body Liquid Makeup! I didn't initially like this product because it contained a lot of fillers and mineral oil which didn't agree with my oily skin. They've since reformulated, and I like the new version a lot better.

Do you know if this ingredient list, from the Sephora web site, is up to date?

Water, Mineral Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Magnesium Myristate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjoycex
I bought MUFE mat velvet + yesterday, my first time to use a liquid foundation. I love it. It is holding up pretty well than my MAC fix plus foundation. I'll def stick to this product.
thmbup.gif

Has anyone tried any of the MUFE flash color e/s? They have great colors and I might get the Coral later.
yahoo.gif

ssad.gif

these are cool; they're not really shadow bases, cuz on their own they kind crease. If you use a primer under them, like UDPP or something really durable, they'll stay and make ur regular shadow super bright...or if you want the glossy eye look, they're good for that.

I wore Flash Color #5 today on my lips, and then i pulled a little bit through my hair and it looked like pink highlights, it didn't look anything like cream, everybody thought I had really dyed my hair! They're really versatile and a lot of fun to play with, but like I said, they don't really hold up alone as shadow (unless u maybe have dry lids?) and use them very very sparingly, a little goes a looooong way.

Latest posts