Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

Holls*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnkCosmo
Overall, the line is decent, but the only thing that I would re-purchase would be the waterproof eye pencils.

I must add, I just recently began using their waterproof eye pencils and they seem to not be very stay worthy on me. I can smear mine hours later and I still can't find something to work on my waterline...any help there???

Babycakes

Id love to try out the face + body foundation,but I've found that its too pricey..I always feel bad if I don't buy mac,bc I love the B2M program..lol
smiles.gif

starr

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Man, I really would love to use MUFE more often, but it's so expensive.

i totally agree.. most of their products are more expensive than MAC here in my country
ssad.gif

Ella/b] Maybe you could swap stuff or ask someone to do a CP for you for your MUFE lemmings
smiles.gif

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
Has anyone tried the reformulated mat velvet + foundation? I am dying to try it because I loved the old version and the new formula has so many more colour options. I think when I try this that it might be my hg foundation. Our counter doesn't have it yet so I just wondered if anyone had opinions. I am also so excited that the shine on powder is now available in a compact!!! Yay MUFE.

its amazing! great coverage, matte finish, lasts all day (even getting sparyed water in my face and sweating wouldnt budge this!)

SparklingWaves

I use their color base corrector. I like it to use it, because of the extra SPF. I want to try their foundation in matte.

alien21xx

I just very recently bought this last night and I am wearing the Star Powders with my MAC Pigments now, and I have to say: I love the Star Powders more than the MAC pigments. Melon creased on my inner lids after 6 hours of wear, but the Star Powders I used are staying put and still shining beautifully.

And then there is the All Mat primer--it's practically godsend for my oily skin. So much love for this! I'm going back to the boutique this weekend to buy more Star Powders and try out their foundation and to sign up for a class.
greengrin.gif

ExquisiteImages

If I'm a NC25 in MAC, which shade should I purchase in MUFE's Face and Body foundation? I don't have a Sephora anywhere near me so I can't go and try the foundation, but I'm really interested in it.

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
If I'm a NC25 in MAC, which shade should I purchase in MUFE's Face and Body foundation? I don't have a Sephora anywhere near me so I can't go and try the foundation, but I'm really interested in it.

im an nc35 in mac and a
34 in face and body
10 in full cover
55 in mat velvet + (a tinge too dark and warm though now that its not summer)
209 in duo mat (also a tinge too dark and warm now that its not summer)

moral of the story is....
MUFE doesnt have their shade #'s in any particular order (esp face and body) and its really hard to guage what color you are unless you go in and test it yourself. even then, i went into sephora and the MA matched me to shade 18 in face and body and 12 in full cover, and when i went home with my sephora bag and my face all done, my boyfriend said "uhm why are you a dark shade of orange?" and i had to go exchange them and get re-shaded. so definitely go get matched and then go into normal light and check it out before you buy!

Ethel

Re: MUFE Eye Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadisia
Any thoughts/comments on MUFE Eye Seal?

I have super oily skin and eye liners (gel and pencil) always smudge on my lower lash line (result: unflattering racoon eyes). I was wondering if this would do the trick for turning my shadows into budge-proof liners.

Thanks a lot!

I have tried Eye Seal, but Ben Nye's Final Seal fixes this. It's amazing. I highly recommend.

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
Has anyone tried the reformulated mat velvet + foundation? I am dying to try it because I loved the old version and the new formula has so many more colour options. I think when I try this that it might be my hg foundation. Our counter doesn't have it yet so I just wondered if anyone had opinions. I am also so excited that the shine on powder is now available in a compact!!! Yay MUFE.

Yes and I prefer it a lot more than their previous formulation, it photographs exceptionally well, I can't rave enough about it. It is more of a medium to full-coverage foundation, although you can make it sheerer if you mix it with one of their makeup bases.

Kuuipo

I went to the Makeup Forever Counter to be matched for Matte Velvet. The MA tried half of the line on my face as swatches and they were ALL too pink for my golden (Asian) skin. Then she tried mixing dark colors with light (I have to do that with Laura Mercier's line because they too are all too pink for many Asians) still no go. She came closer with the regular line of foundation,but it was too glossy on my skin. (Hence,back to NARS foundation)

I do love the lip mattifier.Sometimes matte lips are very sophisticated.

LRG

I love MUFE's face and body foundation!
I used to to use MAC's f+b.. i liked it because it worked with my skin type better then any other foundation, but I always seemed to be on the search for something better (texture and coverage wise). So, I ran out of mac's f+b and was just about to buy more, but decided to try MUFE's f+b on a whim.. and all I can say is WOW. I love MUFE's so much more! Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan of MAC's f+b, but it doesn't compare, imho, to MUFE's. I could go into great detail about why it's better, so if anyone is interested, let me know =)

I haven't had a chance to try anything else by MUFE yet (except for MatVelvet+ foundation which wasn't right for my skin type, but would be great for others), but I checked out their star powders at Sephora, and they looked awesome. They're going on my xmas list for sure!

iheartangE

Has anyone ever tried their Mist and Fix spray? I was wondering what exactly it does...although I see a small $8 size of it on Sephora.com so maybe I'll check that out
smiles.gif

Ikara

Has anyone tried their brushes? I've been checking their site and they are kinda cheap so I'm considering buying them...
I am curious about their countour powder and how is it compared to the sculpt and shape from MAC

How would you compare the texture of their eyeshadows against mac matte formula? I swatched mac matte, matte 2 and MUFE and I think matte and MUFE's are nearly the same, which I do not really like... I'd rather buy matte 2... find it softer and easier to blend

Plus MAC and MUFE have the same price here in Spain but MUFE gives more product for the same price so... I'm just wondering which matte eyeshadows I'm going to haul xD

Latest posts