Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflie
I tried the Matte Velvet foundation today and was a bit disappointed. It looked great at first, after about 2 hours my face looked pretty oily, the color stayed in place though. I also didn't really like the liquid liner. It got really dry on me, and when I went to fix the line later in the day the liner came off in chunks.

I love the eyeshadow though- super pigmented, great purples.

did you set with powder?

Purplegloss9

Oh really?? Im considering getting their Lift Concealer im a NC50 in MAC not sure what shade in the concealer I should get tho! Hmmm....any sugg's?

Purplegloss9

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Their Lift Concealer and the double-ended concealer/lip liner pencil are the bomb!

Oh really? Im considering getting thier Lift Concealer but dunno which shade to get...Im an NC50...any sugg's??

Purplegloss9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
I use the Face & Body Foundation and Full Cover Concealer on clients, it's gorgeous and I can mix the shades to really customize it. I also LOVE their lipsticks, great texture, and amazing range of colors for a makeup artist (like bright orange, black, etc.)

i hope you can help me...I want the MUFE concealer sooo bad, but dunno what shade I should go for...Im an NC50...are you able to sugg one for me?
Thanks!

aleksis210

I own almost all of MUFE products(lol) I think they are absolutely amazing! First of all The matte velvet + foundation is amazing it's makes my skin look absolutely FLAWLESS...I do a video review on that and the lift concealer on my youtube page so I'm too lazy to write what i think here...haha but Purplegloss I'd suggest you get number 4 , it 's does have a 'tinge' of yellow but I think 5 will be too dark on you and it's sort of 'red'-toned and from your avatar you look more golden to me! (in the lift concealer) Hope that helps hun! As for the HD powder I just buy knock off 100% silica since it's like $4...(doesn't control oil though) If you are having a little trouble blending the matte velvet+ just apply a tiny bit of moisturizer to your face first...I set it with MAC's blot powder for the 'extra' hot days and it just looks awesome (As you can tell I love this stuff, haha)

abcgirl18

i got the HD loose powder as a free sample at sephora and i love it. it makes all my imperfections less noticeable. I want to try the HD foundation and the HD primer. Has anyone tried it? what did you think of it?

brokenxbeauty

So far I've only tried a few MUFE eyeshadows, but I love them! They've got some good colors and they last! I can't wait to try more of their products.

f!erce

I LOVE the HD Powder! Its so true that you can see the results immediately. I am about to go to Sephora in a few and MAC (they are right next door to each other) so I can decide between MAC's F&B and MUFE's. For those who have tried the MUFE F&B and the MUFE Mat Velvet +, which one is better in your opinion?

LatinaRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflie
I tried the Matte Velvet foundation today and was a bit disappointed. It looked great at first, after about 2 hours my face looked pretty oily, the color stayed in place though. I also didn't really like the liquid liner. It got really dry on me, and when I went to fix the line later in the day the liner came off in chunks.

I love the eyeshadow though- super pigmented, great purples.

I had the same experience with Matte Velvet. Their makeup artist used it on me and I was really disappointed with it.

I am going by their counter to pick up a sample of the HD foundation used by Kim K. I use F & B right now and I'm not entirely thrilled with it, but then I've never been thrilled by any foundation. One of these days I'll find a HG!!

I love love love the AquaEyes liners. Very smooth and they last a super long time.

miss_supra

I LOOOOOOOVE the HD foundation. I got a sample of it this weekend and OMG, it's awesome. My pores were less noticeable. Very little of this stuff goes a long way. My boyfriend was surprised to see the difference and it looked natural.

shygirl

I tried the HD Foundation over the weekend at Sephora. I'm NC50 and shade 177 (Cognac) was the best match. Shade 177 is described as "for dark skin with yellow undertones."

The mua only used three small drops to cover my entire face. She used a foundation brush. No primer or anything else on my face. No cleanser on my face beforehand. I have combination skin (slightly oily t-zone).

Results immediately after application in store:
No perfumed scent; unscented.
'Ok' coverage.
The finish was semi-matte.

Results about an hour later; pics taken in day light:
Still semi-matte
No color oxidation
Natural look in pics; no ashiness.
Wondered if I could have achieved the flawless look with primer, and a tiny bit of concealer.
T-Zone definitely not oily.
My mother thought my skin looked beautiful.

Results five hours later:
Still semi-matte.
Did not fade or rub off.
Slightly oily t-zone.

No ashiness in pic taken in sunlight.
Felt natural; not heavy.
Did not rub off by simply touching my face! I loved this!
It washed off really easily but had not rubbed off through normal wear.
Removed foundation with just soap and warm water; and did not use makeup remover. No traces of foundation left.

DISLIKES:
Price but you get what you pay for.

Here are two pics of the fdn sample:
MUFEHD177

MUFEHD177b

honeyjr

I think MUFE is great. I got the HD line - loose powder last month and the foundation, green primer (for redness when my sensitive face gets irritated) and the little kabuki brush this week.
I looooove the foundation. The primer cancels out the red quite well. Looks natural, evens out my skin tone and it doesn't look or feel like I have anything on my face! I can wear it with or without the HD loose powder.
I've been using the GA Luminous Silk foundation and was going to order Face Atelier (I tested a sample and it rocks), but I am going to hold off as I am reeeaally liking the HD stuff
yahoo.gif

mustardgirl

Hey guys =) I'm new to Make Up Forever but wow - I am in love with their HD foundation and primer! I needed a new foundation because I ran out and I am super picky when it comes to foundation because I have that t-zone problem but I agree with shygirl on basically everything she pointed out
smiles.gif
I found an exact color match which totally surprised me, didn't have to work so hard at blending it or worrying about the "line" at the jaw or hairline, and the only tiny little downside was dealing with a teensy bit of oiliness on my t-zone which I noticed about 4-5 hours later. Normally my t-zone is looking like an oil slick after only one hour so I was totally impressed with this foundation! I really want to try the powder now~ I have huge pores on my nose though so I wonder if it will help diminish the size or not.

a_star

Hi everyone, i REALLY REALLY want to try the Makeup Forever HD Foundation.
Im an NC30 and would like to ask if anybody know what shade i would be.

Thanks a MILLION to whoever can help me find my right shade because im from the UK and i can only order Makeup Forever products online.

makeba

i am interested in this line of products as well. the velvet matte foundation sounds interesting to me. i am now nw40 in mac and wonder if any one could suggest what shade i would likely be in mufe???

DirtyPlum

I bought the Mat Velvet foundation yesterday. I am NC40 and got shade 45 which is pretty good. The only thing is, its just not yellow enough and my face therefore looks a bit dull.

The plus side is, I havent had the need to blot powder at all and its now half three and Ive had it on since 7.30am. It really is matte...

Whats annoying about the MUFE shades is that each foundation has different shade numbers so its not like I can pick up a 45 in their HD foundation or whatever. With MAC for example I know im nc40 all round their diff foundations.

rbella

I'm NW20 and I bought the face and body foundation and I am in love with it. One of the problems I have with my job is that when I am putting out "Open House" signs, all my foundation has sweated off by the time I get to the actual open house. With this stuff, it stays on, but doesn't feel nasty. It is light, buildable and all around awesome. I use it in the color Ivory and it is perfect.

elektra513

Hey does anyone here use their Mat Bronzer? I'm looking at it on sephora.com and it looks interesting. I want a matte bronzer

TIA
thmbup.gif

lilsuzy

I love MUFE, I have some of their eyeshadows and LOVE THEM!! they are very intense MY FAVORITE IS NUMBER 92! that Purple its like the best purple I have its awesome!!!!