Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

Willa

Sanayhs : if foundation turns orange on you, you may wanna use a ''cooler'' shade? Did you try it? Or mixing 2 foundations...

Ikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I've been told that all Sephora exclusives will be available soon in all MUFE stores or counters. Let's hope it's true!
th_worship.gif

Really? I mean I'm almost sure the pro store I go to has ALL the line...
th_dunno.gif

I mean in sephora's website the whole line is labelled as sephora's exclusive... hehe
Tomorrow I'm going to the pro store if you know an item which should be ONLY at sephora I can check... but maybe in Spain it works differently...
Well I think the only thing they do not carry are the special sets... but didn't really look for those
winks.gif

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikara
Really? I mean I'm almost sure the pro store I go to has ALL the line...
th_dunno.gif

I mean in sephora's website the whole line is labelled as sephora's exclusive... hehe
Tomorrow I'm going to the pro store if you know an item which should be ONLY at sephora I can check... but maybe in Spain it works differently...
Well I think the only thing they do not carry are the special sets... but didn't really look for those
winks.gif

Sephora carry HD shades that in MUFE stores or counters you can't get, also items like the Flash colors...

Ikara

I saw the 12 flash color pallete at the pro store before they sold it in Sephora, that's why I'm asking...
This sounds weird to me... plus at the MUFE site this store appears as the official retailer... maybe it's just in the US?

Willa

Today I'm going back to the counter, the MUA wants to give me some things she doesnt use, because I helped them before the holidays. One thing especially, is the HD Kabuki...
th_DANCE.gif
choochoo.gif

Can't wait!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
Today I'm going back to the counter, the MUA wants to give me some things she doesnt use, because I helped them before the holidays. One thing especially, is the HD Kabuki...
th_DANCE.gif
choochoo.gif

Can't wait!

Please let me know how you like it! I have a hundred kabukis is seems... and the HD one feels LOVELY. Id love to know what you think.

Shadowy Lady

hey girls, this is a great thread, I love reading everyone's experience with MUFE. So far I have three MUFE e/s but I really want to try their HD foundation as I'm running low on my Smashbox. We only have one Sephora here in Ottawa and the sales ppl there aren't very helpful at all. Most of the time it takes forever to get someone's attention (even when it's not busy, they just stand around and chat with each other).

Now my dilemma is that I can't figure out my shade from the posts I've read. I'm about an NW30 in MAC right now (so cool toned medium skin I guess). Does anyone know what that translates to in MUFE system? is there a place online I can get matched at? sorry if the questions were already asked...

GlamYOURUs

Just an FYI for those of you who are NC35 (with beige undertones).

I just found out that in MUFE HD Foundation I am #128

HTH!

Ode to Joy

I am wondering if I should get MUFE black e/s or MAC carbon.
What do you think? Are MUFE e/s easy blendable?

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
hey girls, this is a great thread, I love reading everyone's experience with MUFE. So far I have three MUFE e/s but I really want to try their HD foundation as I'm running low on my Smashbox. We only have one Sephora here in Ottawa and the sales ppl there aren't very helpful at all. Most of the time it takes forever to get someone's attention (even when it's not busy, they just stand around and chat with each other).

Now my dilemma is that I can't figure out my shade from the posts I've read. I'm about an NW30 in MAC right now (so cool toned medium skin I guess). Does anyone know what that translates to in MUFE system? is there a place online I can get matched at? sorry if the questions were already asked...

If you were thinking of MUFE HD foundation , there are other threads like

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f167/m...dation-110359/
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f188/m...dation-128398/

I think if you search them maybe there are some other NW30 ladies who have commented on their experience

HTH
smiles.gif

Ikara

Here's a swatch of MAC carbon (left) Vs MUFE black (right) on sephora's liquid luminizer as base. NC20
I think MUFE is more a "neutral" black but carbon builds up color quicker. I don't have any issues blending the MUFE one.

n728412668_1331218_2383.jpg

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I really want to try their HD foundation ...

Why don't you try posting a "Hey all you NW30's out there, what HD foundation are you using and what is your undertone?"
in the Recommendations section

maybe you can get some responses so it at least narrows down your choices so if you have to you can buy samples from online if you are not near a Sephora or MUFE counter

HTH
smiles.gif

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Thanks guys, I have a MUFE counter just a few minutes from my house
smiles.gif
I just don't trust the girls opinions there, I always seem to have more product knowledge then they do - they aren't very well trained. Thank-you for your opinions
smiles.gif

lol... I totally understand what you mean and I feel your pain...
th_cheerup.gif

I was in Hillside at the MUFE counter today with my lil sister thinking I might buy sis an HD brush and a concealer as a gift but we didn't end up buying anything...

she was very nice but not very helpful in the way of being knowledgeable...
+ I had an almost uncontrolable urge to run out to the car so i could grab my 224 and come back to blend her eyeshadow for her ... lol *eek*

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty
lol... I totally understand what you mean and I feel your pain...
th_cheerup.gif

I was in Hillside at the MUFE counter today with my lil sister thinking I might buy sis an HD brush and a concealer as a gift but we didn't end up buying anything...

she was very nice but not very helpful in the way of being knowledgeable...
+ I had an almost uncontrolable urge to run out to the car so i could grab my 224 and come back to blend her eyeshadow for her ... lol *eek*

Are you sure it was the make up for ever employee? The clarins girl likes to run over all the time and pretend to work for MUFE... and she knows n o t h i n g. The girl who apparently is the MUFE employee only works like two days a week I am pretty sure
ssad.gif

What were you doing over on this side of the pond?
smiles.gif

MissAlphaKitty

^^^ well ... I was just in today... and it's Saturday so you'd think the MUFE girl would be on since it one of more busy shopping days
th_dunno.gif

she couldn't help us really because she said she had an appointment coming soon?? or something?
th_confused_new.gif

I thought she was looking the part of a MUFE employee. She was wearing all black and was really rocking MUFE's uniquely vibrant blue/green colours on her eyes

I asked her to just give me the #2 & #3 Lift concealer and the smaller HD brush and I can just try to colour match my sis myself if she was busy ... and she didn't know what the smaller HD brush was
th_confused_new.gif
and they were out of the tester for #3 concealer

so maybe she's not the official MUFE rep... either way, it wasn't a successful shopping mission lol
tong.gif

Oh, I'm home to be with my family for Chinese New Year this weekend!

Happy Lunar New Year Everyone!
th_DANCE.gif

GUNG HAY FAT CHOI! (chinese)
CHUC MUNG NAM MOI! (vietnamese)

p.s. If you make your Vancouver trip to the PRO MUFE location, call ahead to make sure the MUFE artist is in. Her name is pronounced Ree-Ann (I'm so embarrassed I don't know how to spell her name >_<