Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

mac_aiken

Shontay, are these a mix of matte and shimmer colors? I can't wait to pick up a few based on your glowing review of these.

shontay07108

Hey mac_aiken. They're a mix of shimmers and mattes. Here's a pic from s blog called kraseybeautiful. I love her blog b/c she's a MUFE addict like me. Sadly, Sephora doesn't have the deep purple shade #19
ssad.gif

New+MUFE+Swatches+%26+Suave+MOBar+event+024+copy.jpg

Oh and I'm KINDA bummed about getting the coral crepe paint pot when shade #9 is a gorgeous satiny matte coral. I love my coral crepe, but I'd rather have a shimmer free one from mufe. I'll get it eventually, but not right now b/c I feel kinda bummed about it, ya know?

Ejka

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
i have #5 - 11 & i use all of it on my eyes including #8 (red). i haven't experienced any problems on the eye area
winkiss.gif
. you are responsible for everything you do. there are no rules for makeup.

Thank you
winkiss.gif
! I'll just go ahead and buy #7 and #9 as soon as I'm near a MUFE counter or store. It would be very irresponsible and unlike MUFE not to state clearly on the box if a certain product is not eye safe. Perhaps Sephora's discrepant 'rules' are just more of a guideline determined by 'colour appropriateness'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Oh and I'm KINDA bummed about getting the coral crepe paint pot when shade #9 is a gorgeous satiny matte coral. I love my coral crepe, but I'd rather have a shimmer free one from mufe. I'll get it eventually, but not right now b/c I feel kinda bummed about it, ya know?

I totally understand you. I was able to see #9 before Pret a Papier was released in Europe and it was the one and only reason why I decided to skip Coral Crepe. In addition to being more vibrant and matte it can be worn on lips and is waterproof.

As far as the finishes go, I'd actually divide them into 4 categories - some are completely matte, some are matte with slight, barely visible shimmer that gives them a satiny look, then there are shimmery ones and some that appear (or at least borderline) metallic.

mac_aiken

Those are simply amazing. I feel like a kid in a candy store. I don't know where to start and I want them all. Is there a place where I can get color descriptions (i.e this one is shimmer, this one is matte)?

Does anyone know if the MUFE boutique in NYC will do a phone order?

Ejka

I wasn’t able to find shade descriptions anywhere. My advice would be to either visit a MUFE store/counter in person or to look at as many swatches as you can find. In addition to Adina, Sarah has swatched almost all shades:
Arrival of MUFE HD BLUSHER and AQUA CREAM EYESHADOW
3 more blogs with swatches – the first one describes the finishes of her aqua creams:
MUFE Aqua Creams | Lipglossiping
http://cosmetic-candy.com/?p=16129
The Fancy Face: Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Aqua Cream Colors - MORE!
The Fancy Face: MUFE Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Color HAUL and REVIEW
There are also some videos on youtube.
We could also make a list here on Specktra – I believe we own or will in the near future quite a few shades between us.
#16: very shimmery pink beige; if applied heavily the finish is metallic

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
Those are simply amazing. I feel like a kid in a candy store. I don't know where to start and I want them all. Is there a place where I can get color descriptions (i.e this one is shimmer, this one is matte)?

Does anyone know if the MUFE boutique in NYC will do a phone order?

yes they take phone order. they ship fast. i ordered 7 aqua creams & 4 e/s this monday with regular shipping method & received my stuff on thursday. i love their customer service.

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejka
We could also make a list here on Specktra – I believe we own or will in the near future quite a few shades between us.
#16: very shimmery pink beige; if applied heavily the finish is metallic

i have:
#2 Steel
#5 Peach
#7 Fuchsia
#8 Red
#9 Coral
#10 Orange
#11 Gold
#15 Taupe
#19 Purple (MUFE site)
#20 Intense Blue
#22 Emerald Green
I will get #1 (Anthracite), 6 (fresh pink), 17 (plum), 21 (turquoise) @ IMATS LA.

DILLIGAF

I can clearly see from some of the swatch photos that some are metallic. Will the ladies that have them already please let me (us) know which ones are matte?

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I can clearly see from some of the swatch photos that some are metallic. Will the ladies that have them already please let me (us) know which ones are matte?

IMO, they are all shimmery because they are "highest-quality pigments with mother of pearl particles to give immediate rich color payoff with a luminous finish" (Quote from sephora & mufe site). I believe Shontay said earlier "#9 is a gorgeous satiny matte coral". And i agree with her. #9 is less shimmery/pearl.

mac_aiken

I took the plunge and ordered Anthracite and Red from the Sephora site. I will call the MUFE boutique tomorrow and order #19 Purple from them tomorrow.

I am especially excited about Red. I haven't had a good red product like this since MAC discontinued Flammable paint.

For those of you who have alot of these colors, which others would you recommend for me? I am N2/NW15 with black hair and green eyes. I like to use unusual colors in unusual places and I am not afraid to try just about anything. TIA!

EDIT: Is there a price list for MUFE floating around somewhere? I played on their website for a bit today and found several things I would like to try that Sephora does not carry.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
I took the plunge and ordered Anthracite and Red from the Sephora site. I will call the MUFE boutique tomorrow and order #19 Purple from them tomorrow.

I am especially excited about Red. I haven't had a good red product like this since MAC discontinued Flammable paint.

For those of you who have alot of these colors, which others would you recommend for me? I am N2/NW15 with black hair and green eyes. I like to use unusual colors in unusual places and I am not afraid to try just about anything. TIA!

EDIT: Is there a price list for MUFE floating around somewhere? I played on their website for a bit today and found several things I would like to try that Sephora does not carry.

I bet you will love Anthracite
thmbup.gif
. I may get red to and use it as a funky liner. My suggestion ti you is the orange and fuchsia. They are fantastic. If you wear a lot of greens you may want that really intense green one, also. You really can't go wrong with any of them b/c I've played with them all at the boutique. I think I will have to either call or visit the boutique because the purple one is a must!

And sorry, but I don't have a price list for any MUFE items. They do carry quite a few awesome things that Sephora doesn't offer. I love their brushes, especially.

purrtykitty

I love Adina's blog! She is super awesome.

Sadly, I'm still waiting for mine...stupid slow shipping. They're not slated to arrive until Wednesday.
ssad.gif

shannyn92

MUFE Flash Palette Problem?

Hi there.
I love the MUFE flash palette and I use it frequently but I find that whenever I use it, there is ALWAYS creasing. I have tried using UDPP, MAC Paint Pots, Paints, Shadesticks, everything!!

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what do you do to prevent the creasing? I'm doing prom makeup this weekend and I'd like to use it but I obviously don't want the girl to have her makeup crease within an hour at the dance!

Thank you!
specktra_rocks.gif

genduk26

Re: MUFE Flash Palette Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannyn92
Hi there.
I love the MUFE flash palette and I use it frequently but I find that whenever I use it, there is ALWAYS creasing. I have tried using UDPP, MAC Paint Pots, Paints, Shadesticks, everything!!

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what do you do to prevent the creasing? I'm doing prom makeup this weekend and I'd like to use it but I obviously don't want the girl to have her makeup crease within an hour at the dance!

Thank you!
specktra_rocks.gif

i have very oily eyelids. MAC Paint Pots, Shadesticks & Greasepaints crease on me. But MUFE's flash colors don't crease on me even though they are GREASE makeup. they stay all day until i wash my face. it's weird, huh? this is what i do: i use the UDPP or MAC Paint bare canvas first from my eyelid to my brow bone then i cover it with loose powder (MAC or MUFE Super Matte). After that I use MUFE's flash color on my eyelids by pressing it with a cheap taklon brush (some flash color stain). I use the eyeshadow or pigment at the end. yea, it's a lot of work but they are amazing. once again, these flash colors are grease makeup, so you have to cover them with a powder product (eyeshadow/pigment, blush, etc) if you have oily eyelids. try it for a few days b4 prom night. if you still have issues, maybe you can use it as a lip color or cream blush.
yes.gif

panther27

I just got the neon pink aqua cream and I LOVE it
drools.gif

I'm wondering how the red aqua cream compares to Flammable paint,does anybody know?

purrtykitty

My MUFE goodies arrived today! I can't wait to play with them! I think pot #5 is going to look really pretty buffed into the cheeks.

HOTasFCUK

Aghhhh why did i take a look at the new Aqua Crema's on the Sephora site?? I want sooooo many now! Does anybody know how much they retail for in Canada?

mac_aiken

I got Anthracite and Red today. Absolutely freaking gorgeous. And so versatile. My next order will be #19 purple, fuchsia, orange and possibly turquoise or one of the "metals" (gold, silver or golden copper).

Has anyone seen or tried the Aqua Essentials set at Sephora yet? Seems like a good deal.

Latest posts