Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
I purchased Aqua cream 15 about a month ago and that was the beginning of the end. I have since purchased 13 more. I am totally loving this product. EventuallyI plan to purchase all them. I didn't purchase any of the eye shadows from Dare To Ware because they look like dupes for several of my MUFE shadows. Does anyone know if they the Dare to Ware shadows are similar to any of the MUFE shadows and if so which ones?

yes i got 3 of the aqua creams last week and already i want more! i am thinking of keeping my mac budget smaller each month so that i can afford to buy a couple every so often! they are freaking awesome!

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes i got 3 of the aqua creams last week and already i want more! i am thinking of keeping my mac budget smaller each month so that i can afford to buy a couple every so often! they are freaking awesome!

That is exactly what I decided to do. I skipped Dare To Wear to work on my Aqua Cream collection.

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
That is exactly what I decided to do. I skipped Dare To Wear to work on my Aqua Cream collection.

i was thinking the same exact thing, since the e/s are basically dupeable with mufe e/s. i currently own two of the aqua cream and they're lovely. too bad the one i REALLY want is #19 and sephora doesn't sell it.
ssad.gif

LMD84

#19 isn't allowed in the states apparently. i did get it and i do like it, but there are very similar colours to it.

Nicala

Quote:
#19 isn't allowed in the states apparently. i did get it and i do like it, but there are very similar colours to it.

Why isn't it allowed in the US?
th_dunno.gif

xKiKix

Quote:

ooooh! may i ask what can i get to in place of #19? it's such a shame that we can't get it. when i went to canada it wasn't available either.
th_dunno.gif

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicala
th_dunno.gif

i read somewhere that some of the ingredients in it is not FDA approved. i wish it was cuz it's seems so pretty.

AndSparkle

I bought my first MUFE eyeshadow last week (#153) and I loveee it! It's such a pretty peachy-orange-coral colour and it's so pretty both as an eyeshadow and as a blush.. and for those of us in the UK, getting the e/s in the pan (£10.75) costs less then getting then getting a MAC e/s in the pot (£11.00).. thats enough to convert me
greengrin.gif

I think I might get the HD foundation next, if I can find out which shade matches NW15. Does anyone know how HD holds up on dry skin?

Addicted2Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKiKix
i was thinking the same exact thing, since the e/s are basically dupeable with mufe e/s. i currently own two of the aqua cream and they're lovely. too bad the one i REALLY want is #19 and sephora doesn't sell it.
ssad.gif

Couldn't you buy it straight from the UK? Just curious...

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Shadow
Couldn't you buy it straight from the UK? Just curious...

Lol that was my initial idea but i am not sure which sites sell them

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKiKix
ooooh! may i ask what can i get to in place of #19? it's such a shame that we can't get it. when i went to canada it wasn't available either.
th_dunno.gif

there is a nyx jumbo pencil that is a very bright purple just like it. however of course it may not be crease proof like this. also mac's nice vice paint pot is a slightly darker purple but if you build the colour up it'd do the same job
smiles.gif
i am mianly using my aqua creams as bases for sahdows rather than on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicala
th_dunno.gif

yes it's to do with one of the ingrediants - it's allowed in europe but not in the states. weirdly it's the same with mountain dew drink in the uk! they have just launched it here but it tastes different to the us one because they aren't allowed to put the same things inside it here!

AndSparkle

I find it weird that one thing is allowed in one place, but isn't in another.. it's kinda annoying, cause obviously, they've banned that for a reason.. so which one is the safer one?! Or are they just being over-protective without any credible evidence?

xKiKix

Quote:
i am mianly using my aqua creams as bases for sahdows rather than on their own.

me too!
yes.gif
they're the best bases ever since it does not crease or fade at all throughout the day. i might have to try out the nyx jumbo pencil you suggested.

Shadowy Lady

I bought three of the rouge intense yesterday. I used the colour wheel MUFE includes now and found it quite useful actually. I have neutral skintone (beige - MUFE HD 118) and brown hair; the wheel recommended shades 1, 4, 34, 32, 37, 43, 44 and 48 for me.

I bought 34 (medium pink), 37 (coral toned pink) and 43 (vintage red) for now. They swatch amazing! I'm gonna play with them a bit and then post a review. I have a feeling I will go back for more
smiles.gif

sss215

I recently hauled 92, 48, 58 and 81. my first MUFE makeup purchases directly from the MUFE store. LOVE THEM! Right now, I feel like I don't want to look at any shadows or blushes from any other company again. That probably won't happen, but I am sold on the brand.

I also like their MAT Velvet in #80. I love that it feels matte. I apply it super quick with a 189 brush and its longwearing. its pretty lightweight and does not turn orangy or red during the day.