Mixing Medium...

Navessa

Mixing Medium tutorial? faq?

is there info on tips and usage anywhere for the water based mixing medium? i want to make sure i get full use out of it.

thanks!
smiles.gif

ette

what i do is put some on my palm, dip my brush into it, than dip it in the eyeshadow or pigment.

Luxurious

mixing medium

hi. What can i do with mixing medium und what's the price? what's the different betwen mm water and alcohol?

thanks for answer
smiles.gif

bellaetoile

water based is eyesafe, alcohol is not. if i remember correctly, they retail for about $12 USD, give or take. there's an eyeliner one, and a mascara one as well. mixing mediums are available only at pro stores, or by calling the pro 1800 number.

i used the water based one by dropping a couple drops into a plastic artist palette, tapping a small amount of pigment into it, and mixing it, then applying it wherever i wanted the color. there was less fallout, obviously, since you're working with a liquid, instead of loose powder, and also, the color payoff was more intense, and the pigment seemed to last longer on the skin. when i go back to the pro store, i want to pick up the eyeliner one..

tsukiyomi

It really helps to make the colour adhere better and not crease like it would normally after an all day's wear.

Amethyst_beauty

Mixing medium = EZR???

Early on in my MAC addiction, one of the SAs at a stand-alone MAC store told me that the only mixing medium product they had in stock was the EZR.

I purchased it and occasionally use it to make the pigments last longer on my eyes, but now I'm curious as to whether there's a huge difference (other than price...the EZR was $27 or $29, can't remember) between the two products.

Thanks!

jenniferm1972

I have both. I think the medium works better. You can order the medium over the phone by calling the MAC customer service number that's on the website.

koolmnbv

I love my water based mixing medium I actually prefer it over EZR and it is much cheaper. Another good 1 is Fix+ as a medium but I still like the WB mix. med. the best of all 3

CrimsonCountess

I know its not MAC but I have been using Ben Nye LiquiSET (waterproof mixing liquid). I got it from a costume store and paid $4.99 for 1 fl.oz.

I was too lazy to call MAC, order and wait.

Latest posts