Mixing Medium...

zwfan

which one I should pick for mixing with pigment? there are so many kind of mix medium on macpro.com, i guess water base?
smiles.gif
)
thx

Gisselle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwfan
which one I should pick for mixing with pigment? there are so many kind of mix medium on macpro.com, i guess water base?
smiles.gif
)
thx

for use around the eye area-yes water base

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwfan
smiles.gif
)
thx

For use in the eye area, you will want to use the water base, face and body, or eyeliner mixing medium.

For explanations on the differences between these products, run a search here in the MAC chat forum for the phrase mixing medium, there are a few threads which should help you make your decision.

user79

The only thing I don't like about the water based mixing medium is that it does sting a little when you use it on the eyelids, but the stinging goes away when it dries. I know I'm not the only one because that's what a lot of users write on makeupalley.com too. They should really reformulate it and take out whatever is making people's eyelids sting!

jess98765

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLEEMARKOWITZ
i find fix + does pretty much the same thing,at least for me..

I use this too but i find that it can sometimes sting when i put it around my eye area cos fix+ is quite acidic... but otherwise its alright to use - though i haven't tried the mixing medium so don't really know whats that like
smiles.gif

.VivaDiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
The only thing I don't like about the water based mixing medium is that it does sting a little when you use it on the eyelids, but the stinging goes away when it dries. I know I'm not the only one because that's what a lot of users write on makeupalley.com too. They should really reformulate it and take out whatever is making people's eyelids sting!

Hi hun are you using the alcohol based MM or the water based?.. if your using the alcohol one this maybe why you are experiencing the stinging sensation. The alcohol based MM is s'posed to be used for the body.

~VivaDiva

aziajs

Homemade Mixing Medium

Has anyone tried the homemade version - 3 parts water, 1 part glycerin? I made up some but I haven't tried it yet. I am not sure if it'll work. And I have never bought mixing medium so I have no basis for comparison.

lara

I don't know if it's mixing medium or not, but that's the mixture to make artifical water droplets/wet skin for photo shoots.
smiles.gif

I used over two litres of it last week on a bikini shoot.
lol.gif
The poor models!

bebs

i've never tried that ... I use mac mixing medium eyeliner that works great... I've had problems with all the othe mixing mediums burning.. so with pigments.. I sometimes use water I think it works the same really.. but thats just me.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Has anyone tried the homemade version - 3 parts water, 1 part glycerin? I made up some but I haven't tried it yet. I am not sure if it'll work. And I have never bought mixing medium so I have no basis for comparison.

Works great for me!

OldSoulsBody

Mixing Medium recipe???

I dont remember if it was on here or not...but I recall seeing a recipe to create your own mixing medium. I remember it contained glycerin and water...but I can't remember what the ratios were.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this??

queenofdisaster

mac mixing medium cream?

i found this in an auction on EBAY. i was wondering if anyone knew whether or not the mixing medium even came in a cream. this seemed kind of misleading. but i don't know, so that's why i am asking!!!

(Please note that the mixing medium is a cream mixing medium. My camera is broken so I cannot take a photo of it. It is waterbased, like the one shown, only it is a white colored cream that goes on clear)

Latest posts