Mixing Medium...

FemmeNoir

I bought the e/l MM, but I don't know how to use it. Do you just mix the pigment w/ the MM on the back of your hand? What brush do you use? I was thinking about using the one I use with Fluidlines.

michy_mimi

I used Coco Beach the other day and it looked brilliant as a liner!
smiles.gif

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeNoir
I bought the e/l MM, but I don't know how to use it. Do you just mix the pigment w/ the MM on the back of your hand? What brush do you use? I was thinking about using the one I use with Fluidlines.

I bought one of those paint mixing palettes from Ben Franklin that has six indentations. I put one teensy drop of MM in an indentation and mix pigment with it until it turns pasty.

I don't use the same brush as my fluidlines. I use a flat eyeshadow brush for my MM stuff (since I make it dirty with the pigment anyway) and the fluidlines are done with a tiny slanted brush. Both are from sephora.

mima

mixing medium face and body

has anyone tried this? the mac pro website says that used alone it gives a satin glow (which sounds lovely!)

anuy

i got it because i heard you could mix it with foundation to make face & body foundation and that you could mix in pigments etc etc.... but when i got it, i wasn't that impressed. but thats just my opinion. it smelled funny

baby_love

an MA at the Vegas pro store says that if you want your foundation to litterally look airbrushed on, you put your MM on just like you woukd with foundation, then you swipe your foundation on your forhead, chin and both sides of your face. then, you take a big dense fluffy brush (or the 187) and you buff it in. her makeup looked fabulous.

aznsmurfy

is that what the face and body foundation does? it's mixed for you already? i'm not exactly sure what face and body foundation does. .. hehe

Insomiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsmurfy
is that what the face and body foundation does? it's mixed for you already? i'm not exactly sure what face and body foundation does. .. hehe

No, Face & Body foundation is something else than the Face & Body Mixing Medium. The foundation is a foundation (LOL), but can go on the skin sheerly.

aznsmurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Face & Body Mixing Medium contains film forming ingredients which will trap pigments and glitters.

Water Based Mixing medium contains a gum as a thickener but it won't trap pigments and glitters as firmly.

Alcohol Based Mixing Medium has a film forming ingredient to produce a durable finish but it isn't recommended for use anywhere near the eyes due to its high alcohol content.

Caffn8me, do you know of the Face & Body MM can be used safely on eyes?
smiles.gif
Thank you!

I guess you can use it.I have it and used it without a problem and i have sensitive eyes that get red and irritated very easy.

disenchanted

I use the EZR, are one of those better to be using than this.....as far as mixing with pigments and using in the eye area that is?

Latest posts