Mixing Medium...

baby_love

what I do is put a teeny drop of it on my 209 brush (but I've also used a 266) and then dip that in the glitter and just sweep it along my lashline, and it shows up better than glitter liners do, b/c w/ peacocky you have to put a few layers on in order for it to show up.

but I recommend putting some water based mixing medium over it after it dries. it stays on longer.

mellz

wow thanks for this...I've been wondering the same thing which is why I haven't bought any yet

paintedkaty

Lash mixing medium (Best eyelashes ever!)

I'm really curious about the lash mixing medium. I have something similar to the eyeliner mixing medium from another brand and I'd love to make funky color mascaras from my eye shadows. I haven't found any reviews of the lash mixing medium. Does anyone use it? Is it any good? How does it work? Thanks all!

martygreene

This is a very new PRO product, and as such not many folk have had a chance to use it yet. You may wish to call a PRO store and ask someone there for more info about it.

paintedkaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
This is a very new PRO product, and as such not many folk have had a chance to use it yet. You may wish to call a PRO store and ask someone there for more info about it.

Thanks! I'm really excited about this products potential. I'll probably wander down to the pro store after work on Thursday.

Isis

emailed MAC Pro here's what they said:

The M·A·C Mixing Medium Lash is a colorless mixing medium base that can be used
to create unique customized shades on the lashes. It is packaged in a small tube
(similar to the MAC PRO GLOSS size) for quick and easy blending.

Apply a few beads of the Mixing Medium Lash to the back of your non-dominant
hand or a small petri-dish, and mix with any eye safe product (Pigments are
especially wonderful for this). Use a clean mascara wand to apply the mixture to
the lashes. It can be used over mascara or alone.

Mixing Medium Lash provides superior adherence of color, plus extended wear,
curl and lengthening. It also strengthens and conditions the lashes and is
suitable for all skin types.

To view Mixing Medium Lash Online, go to:
www.macpro.com

I'm going to order some to play around with
smiles.gif

I can't wait to find out how Teal, Green Brown, & Blue Brown look as lash colors!

Dreamergirl3

Mixing Medium

Is this a pro only thing? I couldn't find it on the MAC website
ssad.gif

And what are the pros/cons of the alcohol and water based ones?

litlaur

Mixing medium is a pro product. It's available at pro stores. I think you can also order it by phone.

You can use water-based mixing medium in the eye area, but not alcohol-based.

aquarius11

I was at the L.A. Pro store in November and got me some water-based mixing medium. The MA said the alcohol-based is very drying. I'm really happy with the water-based that I bought and find myself using it often. You can call any Pro store and I'm sure they could send you whatever you wanted in the mail. Hope that helped!

lianna

Kind of reviving this thread again but can anyone tell me specifically how many types of MM there are and what they do? I've heard about the eyeliner and lash ones too...but what do they really do?

Need to know all of these because the MAC stores here don't sell them so I'm trying to get a CP, but I need to know exactly what each different MM does. TIA!
smiles.gif

asnbrb

pardon me since i'm a little tipsy.

you can find the different types on the macpro site.

i've got the water based mixing medium and the eyeliner mixing medium. haven't tried the eyeliner one yet since i've just received it yesterday, but the water based is awesome. it makes pigments STICK and STAY. the other threads mentioned that the alcohol based one dries out your skin. you CAN use it to make an eyeliner, but it tends to sting a little on my eyes (very sensitive).

the eyeliner and lash does what it sounds like: you can combine with different pigments to make different color mascara/eyeliners. the eyeliner one came in a little tube thing similar to one of the concealers and i just mix a bit with pigment and use it as a creme eyeliner (like a fluidline) again, haven't tried it yet, but i'm going out tomorrow, so we'll see.

i personally LOVE my mixing medium and am hoping to love my eyeliner one as well. i'll let you know!!

oh, and you can mix glitter with the eyeliner one (from what i've heard) and it stays way better)

user2

I love my MM water-base!
Goldbit e/s looks so nice and metallic with it and not lustre-ish at all!!!

My MM eye liner is amazing with every glitter! I wore it for New Years Eve with Silver Glitter and it stays on exactly like a Glitter Eye Liner!!! AMAZING!!!

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnbrb
the eyeliner and lash does what it sounds like: you can combine with different pigments to make different color mascara/eyeliners. the eyeliner one came in a little tube thing similar to one of the concealers and i just mix a bit with pigment and use it as a creme eyeliner (like a fluidline)

I just Mixing Medium/Lash & Eyeliner a few weeks ago and they are sesriouslly the best invention since sliced bread
greengrin.gif
I finally have a good use for pigments! LOL

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
I just Mixing Medium/Lash & Eyeliner a few weeks ago and they are sesriouslly the best invention since sliced bread
greengrin.gif
I finally have a good use for pigments! LOL

Or for Glitter! HELP!!! A new addiction!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

MargaretD

Make your own mixing medium

I read on MUA that you can make your own mixing medium by adding 3 parts water to 1 part glycerine. You can buy a big bottle of glycerin from CVS for $2.99.

Twisted Fayte sells a silicone-based one for $9.