Mixing Medium...

blepharisma

The liner mixing medium is much thicker & makes the liner stay put, like nobody's business. It is so thick that it can be used to make your own glitter liner. The MA told me this when I bought it - I have tried it & the glitter didn't budge, and it came off so easily with no mess at the end of the night.

It's fantastic.

roxybc

Is the liner mixing medium stuff only available at the Pro store? Does anyone know the price of it, preferably in CDN $$$?

glittergoddess27

Well I called the pro line to get mine (eyeliner mixing medium)and have had it for like 3 months now,.. I even did a review on it in the review section,.. it was about $14.50 US dollars. Sorry I don't know what the exchange is. One tube of the eyeliner mixing medium will last you forever and a day,.. you don't need much. ITA with Blepharisma,.. it makes it smudge proof,..as far as I can tell waterproof,.. the glitter stays put and it doesn't flake away. I used it with my Acid Orange in an FOTD I did a while ago and it was really super neat. Though as I say in my review when I first use it I kinda get a tightening sensation but not hurty,.. and then when it dries it is out of this world.

lianna

This sounds so amazing! I've been trying to find a way to use the glitter vials that used to come in the holiday sets with the pigments and I guess I've found a way to use them now!

But for the mascara mixing medium, how do you use this? Mixed with glitter/pigments over mascara?

blepharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
Though as I say in my review when I first use it I kinda get a tightening sensation but not hurty,.. and then when it dries it is out of this world.

Hahaha... yeah, the tightening feels a little strange. I think it scared my friend at first when she tried it the other night. It's like you can feel the stuff on your eyes at first - and you think you'll hate it - but then as it dries, you stop noticing it.

I'm pretty sure I paid around $14 +tx Canadian when I got mine. I have a feeling this will last me ages.

greengrin.gif

kiwicleopatra

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianna
This sounds so amazing! I've been trying to find a way to use the glitter vials that used to come in the holiday sets with the pigments and I guess I've found a way to use them now!

But for the mascara mixing medium, how do you use this? Mixed with glitter/pigments over mascara?

Yup
smiles.gif
or at least thats what I do. Blue Storm Mascara - Love

xnaomix

I bought mine at the vegas pro store for $1o US
It's amazing. I love love love it.
I pad some reflects blue glitter over it. Hot.

roxybc

So it's only available at pro stores??

I've used liquid strong hold gel and a little fine tipped paint brush to make my own glitter liners out of my loose glitters. It works great, no flaking.

artemisa

Yes, it's only available at PRO. I bought it last month and I can't live without it. It's just wonderful, one of the best products MAC has released in my opinion.
I even use it with regular e/s and it totally brightens them. Plus, it doesn't burn my lids like the water-based mixing medium did.

And it's quite cheap, by the way!

lianna

Wow! Can't wait to get my hands on these
smiles.gif
So both of the mixing mediums, are they water based or alcohol based? TIA!

amelies_mommy

WOW, now I know I have to bug them for it. Hopefully when I call they will have someone who knows what they're talking about.
smiles.gif
Thanks for all the feedback girls, much appreciated.

AllINeedIsMac

Sorry, I didn't even realize that I wasn's subscribed to this thread, but my question is: How do you use the mixing medium? I recieved a sample from one of my girlfriends, and it seems its very watery? Then I read another thread (which I should have searched, sorry....) and it showed me how to use it. My other question is, is there another mm that's a little thicker, like something that can form my pigs to a paste? I sampled the waterbased mm.

user2

Mixing Medium Eyeliner and Glitters...

So tell me:

Is it the same as the gel in the Glitter Eye Liners? Does it dry the way the GEL do?
Is it worth buying?

TIA!

glittergoddess27

I have it and it seems to be a different consistancy than the gel in the glitter eye liners. Its not clear when it comes out of the tube it is kinda milky. Reminds me of a gloss consistancy. Think it works better with colored glitter if you are making your own glitter liner,.. if you use something like the reflects glitter then it kinda gets lost in the milky-ness. It definitely has more stay put power more than the glitter liner. Those dry and flake off on me. The eyeliner mixing medium kinda feels like it tightens until it dries but once it does I haven't had any flaking at all, its very smooth like liquid eyeliner. It makes the glitter stay put. If you use it with colored pigments it rocks as well. Even if it is the "same thing" then buying it as the mixing medium is better,..you can work with it more and it looks better. HTH.

glittergoddess27

I use my 209 or any pencil or angled brush to apply it. I squeeze a little out onto a piece of clean plastic I use for mixing stuff and then add either pigment or glitter,.. use the brush to mix it up and voila,... Super simple,... then apply with the brush.