Mixing Medium...

Dreamergirl3

I hope I can make or find something similar cuz I cant buy from a pro store and all the ones on ebay are eithe samples or overpriced
ssad.gif

lianna

Thanks for all the info! Now I'm probably going to get the water-based one and the ones for lashes and eyeliner too!

MargaretD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
I hope I can make or find something similar cuz I cant buy from a pro store and all the ones on ebay are eithe samples or overpriced
ssad.gif

I just bought the pure glycerin from CVS today to try and make my own. I'll post my results tomorrow night.

Chelly

alcohol based anythign will dry you out! but i have to know - is it ABSOLUTLY necessary to buy the mixing medium? water works fairly well for me lol

oh and btw if anyone lives near vegas or often travels there they have an AMAZING mac pro store in the cesars forum shops

M

P&P eye and lip + mixing medium

Sorry if this has already been posted. I haven't slept in over 4 years and today I'm really tired so I didn't go back and look thru all the topics.
ssad.gif

I'm curious if the eye primer works for oily lids. The only thing I don't crease thru is UD PP.

In regards to the lip primer-I've never used one. Does this REALLY make a difference? Do you think it's a must have?

Mixing Medium-I just got some this weekend and used it yesterday. Do any of you use and eyebase before?

TIA
smiles.gif

M

MACmermaid

Hello
smiles.gif
i have oily lids too :-( and i used the prep + prime eye (at first alone as a base) and it creased for me - it has silicone in it i think and the texture is almost slick/slippery...which for me on my eyelid is not good. but then i found that it is awesome under any paint, and that the combination of prep + prime eye and a MAC paint makes for a great base for me. i found that the prep + prime under the paint improves the blendability of my shadows (compared to just the paint alone) and prevents creasing.

as for the prep + prime lip, i bought it and haven't been crazy about it. it might just be me, but i tried it under "O" lipstick and i found that it made it difficult to apply the lipstick evenly. under lipglasses though i found it makes them feel less sticky, which is good. so i don't think MAC's lip primer is a must-have, but maybe there are better ones out there? it's definitely something that's gathering dust in my make-up collection. maybe i'll give it another try though.

hope that helps! and i hope you can get some sleep soon
smiles.gif

michelleee67

i also have oily lids... the prep+prime eye works really well for me but like the previous poster said it works even better with paint on top of it..for my everyday paint i use stifle.. it has just the right amount of shimmer..good luck!!

Eemaan

Your Favourite Pigment with Mixing Medium Eyeliner?

Iv'e just bought the mixing medium for eyeliner and absolutely love how versatile it has made pigment useage. i tried it with teal pigment (yes i know, old batch not eyesafe) and wow, utterly loved it. Great alterative to a peacocky alternative.

what are your favourites so i can rush about and try them?
smiles.gif

AriannaErin

I use kelly green as a liner with many of my green shadows, it's very pretty
smiles.gif
I also like using Rose pigment with the liner medium, but I mix rose with everything (cheeks, lips... )
smiles.gif

PrettyKitty

I have both Mixing Medium water based and Mixing Medium Eyeliner.. and I hate the last one!!! With Mixing Medium, even if I rub my lids, it stay all day.. With MM Eyeliner, if I touch my lids, everything come off. Bleh... If you have the chance to try the MM water based, go for it!! It's 5 X better!

glittergoddess27

Hmm,.. PrettyKitty,.. That is strange,.. Maybe you are using too much of it,..my eyeliner MM makes it nearly waterproof and I have to really work to get it off? I will definitely have to try to waterbased MM if you think it is better than that!

Latest posts