Mixing Medium...

Sushi_Flower

I love Fix+ too! A couple more questions..i love Fix+ as i've been mattyfying my skin and then spraying Fix+ on so that my Studio Tech doesn't apply greasy but glides on like a dream. I'm thinking of switching to a powder foundation now (Guerlain) and i was wondering if i could carry on with the same application technique? On MUA they said the powder foundation would go blotchy if i did? I'd love to carry on using it the same way.

Also if you spray Fix+ on a brush and then dip it in shadow then will it not contaminate the rest of the eyeshadow in the pot? This is the only reason i've never done it before.

magenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I love Fix+ too! A couple more questions..i love Fix+ as i've been mattyfying my skin and then spraying Fix+ on so that my Studio Tech doesn't apply greasy but glides on like a dream. I'm thinking of switching to a powder foundation now (Guerlain) and i was wondering if i could carry on with the same application technique? On MUA they said the powder foundation would go blotchy if i did? I'd love to carry on using it the same way.

Also if you spray Fix+ on a brush and then dip it in shadow then will it not contaminate the rest of the eyeshadow in the pot? This is the only reason i've never done it before.

you can spray the Fix + onto your face after applying your powder foundation, and it will keep it from looking chalky or powdery on ytour skin!

Krista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower

This is what I'd like to know too.

fabbyabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess98765
i tried the pigments with Fix+ the other night and its so much better than water (which was what i used before). The only problem i had with it is that i kinda got some tingly and irritating feeling after use. Also after a while my lids started to get really dry- maybe putting on a base might be better i guess. Thanks for all your help girlies!

Fix+ is slightly acidic in its pH. That is what the tingly sensation is. It is still safe for use on your eyes, but that could also be the cause of the drying. I have the same problem with the wipes which have the same pH.

jess98765

oohh, thanks so much for clearing that up for me fabbyabby!!
smiles.gif

Sushi_Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by magenta
you can spray the Fix + onto your face after applying your powder foundation, and it will keep it from looking chalky or powdery on ytour skin!

Yeh i know that's a great trick but i look much better with a matte look to my skin and in fact i use Blot powder alot over any foundation so spraying Fix+ kind of takes away abit of its effect. But i'm still going to try to do this sometimes if i look toooo matte.

galvanizer

Mixing Medium...Face & Body vs. Water Based

What exactly is the difference between these two? It looks like the water based one is clear... is the Face & Body one clearish too (with a little pearl?)

do they both perform the same? I want one but not sure which one would be best.

caffn8me

Both are eye safe but Face & Body mixing medium has a film forming agent which means it will bind pigments and glitter more strongly than water based mixing medium. Face & Body mixing medium is really like Face & Body Foundation without any pigment. Once it dries it is water resistant.

galvanizer

Thanks both for your input. I'd imagine the Face & Body would be safe for eyes (since it's for FACE too). I know to avoid the alcohol one for sure. I love that the Face & Body would have a better adhesion/water resistance (therefore lasting performance) so that's the baby I want ~ thanks again for your help!

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvanizer
What exactly is the difference between these two? It looks like the water based one is clear... is the Face & Body one clearish too (with a little pearl?)

do they both perform the same? I want one but not sure which one would be best.

Face and body will turn anything into Face and Body foundation. I have it and absolutely love it.

Unfortunately,Face and Body is not working for me as i hoped.Pigments and eyeshadows don,t hold any better than using a paint,i even noticed that paints do a much better job,with Face and Body shadows tend to crease after some hours.It also do nothing increasing the brightness of colours.
I haven,t tried water based mixing medium though.

galvanizer

uh oh... *sigh*

Maybe I'll have to get a little sample of both the Regular (water based) and Face & body to test them first...

BabyFu18

MAC Mixing Medium

I was wondering anyone can tell me how much the water-based MAC mixing medium retails for. Thanks!

caffn8me

You haven't said where you are from and your profile doesn't help either. In the UK it retails for £12

blepharisma

Liner & Lash Mixing Medium

Hey all,

I just saw somebody on LJ post about Liner & Lash Mixing Medium... I had no idea there was such a thing!

Anyone try it? How is it at sealing liner (since the water based isn't fantastic as a sealant)? How much does it cost?

cheers,

Latest posts