MTV VMA's .... Who's Watching? Lets Discuss.

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
ps. mtv is leftist media at its best.

Disliking republicans and/or bush doesn't make Russell or MTV leftist, per se. I think the former has the best political opinions ever actually:

"I think that the idea of democracy is an illusion and regardless of who becomes president, the status quo will maintain power. It's irrelevant who you select as the totem of power in the country, because the country will be run in the same way — but I would rather have a black president than a white one. I would have ideally liked a hermaphrodite president, if it was up to me entirely, but until a hermaphrodite stands, I'll support Obama."
choochoo.gif
lol, i love him.

dudeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
^ I agree with you, peice of me wasn't all that at all!

I don't think POM's video was great, but I think Britney deserved all 3 awards she won last night. Britney has always been the talk of the VMAs, whether she performed or just presented an award (Michael Jackson, for example.) Last year, the VMAs ratings went way up because of her performance. I know a lot of people who only watched last year and this year because of her. So... I think it's about time she won a VMA! Especially since MTV hypes her up all the time to get people to watch.

I'm so proud of her. She looked beautiful last night.
smiles.gif

User67

Okay, first I loved Russel Brand & thought he was totally hilarious! I was so happy to see Britney looking better than she has in a really long time & I'm glad she got those 3 awards. Christina looked amazing & I loved her performance, I adore Pink's new song, Jordin Sparks had the hottest smokey eyes going on, I love Rhianna but that hairdo she was sporting last night did nothing for me. And can we talk about how hot Kobe's wife Vanessa is? She looked amazing on the red carpet, but she really always looks amazing & I really wish she would do some type of a beauty blog.

hotmodelchiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkee-Belle

The host was very annoying and Im sure theres gunna be some pissed off people the way he was talking about George Bush and the republicans.. what does that have to do with Music videos anyways???

Yes he was but calling Bush a retarded cowboy lmao... GENIUS
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkee-Belle
Jordin Sparks had a cute dress but it was not flattering on her at all.. it made her arms look very big.

look big?!?! she is big or rather "AVERAGE" sized... she wears like a 14 or 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
....Im sure he'll be on BET tomorrow talking about how he'll never do another MTV performance because he deserved the awards instead of so and so... Im sorry, I love Kanye but yall have to admit, he DOES do that

lmao ha ha ha true true....

ginger9

I LOVE Pink. She's such a cool chick - she looked fantastic I loved her hair!

I'm not a big Britney fan but I thought she looked fabulous, the two sequence dresses she wore looked really flattering. She seemed very nervous at the start which made it more endearing I thought. I hope this is a beginning of a turn around in her life/career.

florabundance

I think also that Jordin Sparks needs to sit the fuck down. Just because someone has sex, doesn't make them a slut. How rude and offensive.

couturesista

Hottest Performances- PINK ( the original GOOD GIRL GONE BAD, Rihanna swaggered jacked her style, IMO)
Leona Lewis,Lil Wayne- I love that song!
Kid Rock and Lil Wayne- Loved it!
Britney looked awesome!
The rest of the show was boring

Jordin Sparks needs to STFD, I truly respect the point of promise rings, but how stupid did she look and sound by calling everyone else who doesn't rock a promise ring sluts? Russell is paid to be rude and tell crude jokes, what was her excuse for calling people sluts?

Shadowy Lady

I watched only the last half hour of the show:

1. I loved Pink's performance, she was my favourite for the night.
2. Loved Britney's dress, she looked great. I wish her the best of luck. She does make great pop music
3. I'm usually a big Christina fan but didn't like her much last night, well except for her hair and makeup.
4. didn't like Rihanna's outfit or hair. I think she's a beautiful girl but she tries too hard with her looks
5. Nicole from the Pussy Cat Dolls looked HOT. That dress was awesome
6. Wasn't feeling the host either. The hair was bugging me

And lastly, I'm glad Kanye didn't win anything....he's already arrogant as is

Tinkee-Belle

Hmm im not American so I dont know much about the presidential debate (dont get me wrong I really didnt like Bush either..) but I usually listen to country music 99% of the time and if the host of the CMAs said that shit would hit the fan lol! I guess pop music is different? Country musicians are always kissing George Bushes ass haha. Im all for Obama winning.. he seems like a cool guy!

Willa

I was waiting for a performance from Britney
All I saw is a girl who didnt even seem to care about being there, the face she made after saying her 5 lines at the opening... o_0

Christina's performance was... a bit boring. Why lipsyncing?
This girl has a fantastic voice when she sings live, what happened?

Lil Waine and T-Pain, dammmmmmmnnnnn those guys makes me want to throw away all my hip hop cd's. It's a shame artists like them exist... it's just pure comedy (sorry for those who like them).

Rihanna... will somebody tell her one day that she can't sing live??? CantAffordMAC described perfectly how I feel about her and her snob attitude.
lol.gif

Actually, I liked Pink's performance
Stopped watching it after Paramore...
thmbdn.gif

pretebrowneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I was waiting for a performance from Britney
All I saw is a girl who didnt even seem to care about being there, the face she made after saying her 5 lines at the opening... o_0

Christina's performance was... a bit boring. Why lipsyncing?
This girl has a fantastic voice when she sings live, what happened?

Lil Waine and T-Pain, dammmmmmmnnnnn those guys makes me want to throw away all my hip hop cd's. It's a shame artists like them exist... it's just pure comedy (sorry for those who like them).

Rihanna... will somebody tell her one day that she can't sing live??? CantAffordMAC described perfectly how I feel about her and her snob attitude.
lol.gif

Actually, I liked Pink's performance
Stopped watching it after Paramore...
thmbdn.gif

my bf and i keep saying the SAME THING! She needs a friend or someone to break it down....

pretebrowneyes

uhhhh, was I the only one disappointed by Kanye? I LOVE LOVE LOVE him....but that wasn't what I expected...

AND WILL SOMEONE PLEASE BROADCAST TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE HIP HOP COMMUNITY....PLEASE PUT THE VOCAL WHATCHAMADING DOWN!!!! JUST CUZ IT WAS COOL WHEN ROGER TROUTMAN AND ZAP DID IT....DOESN'T MEAN THAT T-PAIN DOIN IT MAKES IT RIGHT!!! YOU CANNOT SING!!! STOP. IT.

<end rant>

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
who produced stop-loss? mtv. what was the message of that movie? big bad gop sends our boys to die in war all the time, damn them!

Not to nitpick, but the point of the movie was that the government is sending soldiers back to war AFTER their contract has ended (and of course, that clause is in the contract). That is what Stop Loss means. Its original intent is to be used in times of national crisis...I hardly consider a bogged-down war, going into its 6th year, a national crisis...

And as the wife of a stop-lossed soldier, lemme tell you, it fucking sucks...

On to the VMAs!!

So happy for Britney; bout time the girl got some love. And she looked *amazing*. I loved you girl...even when you were bat-shit insane...

Jordin Sparks...no one cares about your purity ring. And ALL SEX =/= SLUT. So STFU and STFD. And your stylist should be fired.

Russell, I cannot believe you cut off RPattz's line introducing Paramore. Do you realize how pissed off you've made thousands of girls/women across the country?!

DIAF Miley Cyrus.

Likewise, JoBros...if I ever see your pasty, adolescent, non-talented, 'pure' faces again, it will be too soon.

Rianna's opening number wasn't that hot. But the second one? BRB downloading from itunes!

Pink is fierce as HALE. How did I forget that?!

Annnnd thats about when I stopped watching. Just didn't care anymore.

*sigh* I'm SO not MTVs target audience anymore...its sad, really.

Lauren1981

i watched it. thought russell brand was funny as hell, was SO happy to see my brit-brit, loved rihanna's hair, OBSESSED with pink's haircut, x-tina looked so freakin HOT, LL COOL J was sexier than ever.... as was T.I., will always be in love with lil wayne, and loved katy perry's outfit
winks.gif
and how crunk was i that travis barker was on the drums!!!!!
yahoo.gif
and when slash came out i SOOOOOOOOOO wanted someone to hand him a guitar so he could do a solo. lol!!!

oh! and i officially love paramore. had never heard of her but was feelin that song she did last night
winks.gif

couturesista

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE EEEEE
TRAVIS BARKER!!! Unexplainable swagger and lust for him! SORRY I WILL CONTROL MYSELF!

benzito_714

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE EEEEE
TRAVIS BARKER!!! Unexplainable swagger and lust for him! SORRY I WILL CONTROL MYSELF!

i am in that boat with you. he just looks so dirty and unkempt-i have a thing for scruffy boys!