MTV VMA's .... Who's Watching? Lets Discuss.

couturesista

Its like he doesn't care if u don't understand him or like his look, he's going to do him and we sooooooooooooooooooo love him for it! Those tats OMFG( Im about to be real slutty) I just want to lick the CADILLAC TAT! (SSHH! Don't tell my MOMMA)

chocolategoddes

Am I the only person who thought it was pretty hilarious how T.I. and Rihanna's song sampled the Numa Numa Song?!
I was lol'ing the whole time.
Rihanna has a very nasaly voice, which is probably why most people don't like her singing.

And I caught Jordin Sparks little "moment" about promise rings. I don't agree with it, but hey, if she had the balls to do it, good for her for at least standing up for what she believes in.

I was loving Christina's performance. Definitely changed her image. Disappointed she lipsynched, though...

Okay, I'll have to watch the whole thing when it airs tomorrow.

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Am I the only person who thought it was pretty hilarious how T.I. and Rihanna's song sampled the Numa Numa Song?!
Rihanna has a very nasaly voice, which is probably why most people don't like her singing.

No dude!! I started *ROLLING*!!! So funny!!

Quote:
And I caught Jordin Sparks little "moment" about promise rings. I don't agree with it, but hey, if she had the balls to do it, good for her for at least standing up for what she believes in.

I have no issues with her remaining a virgin. I DO have an issue with her saying that if you have sex, you're a slut. Thats not cool and its just as judgmental as people make fun of promise rings. So be the Christian you say you are, and rise above, yes?

liv

The VMA's are dead, and MTV needs to stop trying to act like they are 'back.' They haven't been decent since the 90s-early 2000's.

This was the most pitiful one I've ever seen, from the venue, nominees, performers, everything.

Also, I had major second hand embarrassment for Jamie Foxx. I was cringing the whole time.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
No dude!! I started *ROLLING*!!! So funny!!

I know, right?!!?!
At first, it took me a while to realize what was going on. I didn't believe my ears. Then I started cracking up.

Who was the genius who sat T.I. and Rihanna down and said,
"Okay, I was pretty baked last night and I was watching some Youtube videos and I got a brilliant idea for a song..."

What's next? Lil' Wayne does a remix to Chocolate Rain?

It's Weezy and I'ma make it chocolate rain on them hoes!

oh god!!!

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
Not to nitpick, but the point of the movie was that the government is sending soldiers back to war AFTER their contract has ended (and of course, that clause is in the contract). That is what Stop Loss means. Its original intent is to be used in times of national crisis...I hardly consider a bogged-down war, going into its 6th year, a national crisis...

And as the wife of a stop-lossed soldier, lemme tell you, it fucking sucks...

i know what stop-loss means, i come from a long line of military men...and yeah, it does suck, no doubt about that. i'm just saying that mtv is very well known for putting a liberal spin on things.

i'm really just glad that xtina's eyebrows aren't concrete gray anymore. that was never pretty and i'm glad she's given it up.

xxsgtigressxx

Wow I totally went from not caring about Jordin Sparks to completely disliking her... LEARN HOW TO TAKE A JOKE or dont be FAMOUS. I was MAD when Russell Brand apologized. He's a comedian, why are people so uptight. UGH. Jordin Sparks sucks. And her arms looked fat. Really fat.

smexiebinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciara
I dont think she is going to perform.

but she looks fabulous ... def much better.

Im loving Rihanna's performance. The choreography is great!

I believe Rhianna did a "not so awesome" performance (compared to all of her other performances) and she looked.....different (kinda looked like she had toilet paper on her bootay.)
thmbdn.gif

I would have prefered not seeing her at all. I really don't like her anymore, I miss her older image.

Britney looked great and I'm so happy that she got 3 moon men
yahoo.gif

I hope she can prove to all of us that just because she makes mistakes ( like everyone else does in the world) it doesn't mean that she can't bounce back.

I basically think that the VMAs was not a place for young teens this year, especially because of the host. He was not that funny and the only reason I was laughing is because of his hair style (which I find quite amusing) and the way he moved (not because of his "jokes.") However, some jokes where a bit too overboard, like the one about the jonas brothers (he suggested that they should wear the promise rings on the genetals.)

I wasn't really impressed this year and I was actually bored.

kimmy

ps. somebody want to tell me what the deal with jordin sparks is? i didn't catch what happened, all i heard is that she was calling all the devirginized people of the world sluts?

nunu

^Basically she responded to what Rusell Brand said about the jonas brothers being virgins and wearing a ring as a promise to stay virgins till marriage. He made a joke about them wearing rings so she just defended virgins and said that they are not sluts.

I hated that Rusel had to go up there again and apologize. He's a comedian and he can make jokes, that is what he is paid to do.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes

I forgot how the song goes by now, but that was AWFUL. Man what were they thinking. And ummm...to say Rihannas voice is nasally is like saying rain is wet...UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! LOL thats why I cant bear to listen to it..oh...the horror! MAKE IT STOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv

Also, I had major second hand embarrassment for Jamie Foxx. I was cringing the whole time.

wait what? What happened with Jamie Foxx...I love Jamie. I must have missed something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smexiebinks
I believe Rhianna did a "not so awesome" performance (compared to all of her other performances) and she looked.....different (kinda looked like she had toilet paper on her bootay.)
thmbdn.gif

I would have prefered not seeing her at all. I really don't like her anymore, I miss her older image.

Britney looked great and I'm so happy that she got 3 moon men
yahoo.gif

I hope she can prove to all of us that just because she makes mistakes ( like everyone else does in the world) it doesn't mean that she can't bounce back.

I basically think that the VMAs was not a place for young teens this year, especially because of the host. He was not that funny and the only reason I was laughing is because of his hair style (which I find quite amusing) and the way he moved (not because of his "jokes.") However, some jokes where a bit too overboard, like the one about the jonas brothers (he suggested that they should wear the promise rings on the genetals.)

I wasn't really impressed this year and I was actually bored.

Because Rihanna seems like she is trying way too hard. Ugh..

I think these VMAs were very geared toward younger people. I thought the host was tame, Hannah Montana, the Jo Bros AND the high school musical was there.

....man when do the BET awards come on?
greengrin.gif

EDIT:
OHHHH, i forgot: Leona Lewis will be my wife. Someday very soon. Majorrr girl crush. She is so unbelievably talented and gorgeous....seriously, she is gonna go places. She is so damn talented!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
And ummm...to say Rihannas voice is nasally is like saying rain is wet...

LOL!!

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsgtigressxx
Wow I totally went from not caring about Jordin Sparks to completely disliking her... LEARN HOW TO TAKE A JOKE or dont be FAMOUS. I was MAD when Russell Brand apologized. He's a comedian, why are people so uptight. UGH. Jordin Sparks sucks. And her arms looked fat. Really fat.

i SO second this!!! i mean really, every year, every host makes fun of something/someone. that's just the way it is. russell brand was funny as hell and he didn't demean them for wearing the promise rings he just made a little joke out of it.
i'm sorry, i like jordin but she made an ass of herself with that comeback..... getting all touchy and sh*t. lol!
and i was a little irritated that he apologized as well. that did not deserve an apology. i mean, we've heard way worse jokes during the vma's where some ppl really did deserve an apology but that's just the nature of entertainment and the vma's. it's gonna happen

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Man what were they thinking. And ummm...to say Rihannas voice is nasally is like saying rain is wet...UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! LOL thats why I cant bear to listen to it..oh...the horror! MAKE IT STOP

th_LMAO.gif

AppleDiva

I am glad that Fanny Pak won something..I love that dance crew.

Oh yeah, Promise Rings are whack. You do not need all that to keep your virginity in tact.

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren1981
i SO second this!!! i mean really, every year, every host makes fun of something/someone. that's just the way it is. russell brand was funny as hell and he didn't demean them for wearing the promise rings he just made a little joke out of it.
i'm sorry, i like jordin but she made an ass of herself with that comeback..... getting all touchy and sh*t. lol!
and i was a little irritated that he apologized as well. that did not deserve an apology. i mean, we've heard way worse jokes during the vma's where some ppl really did deserve an apology but that's just the nature of entertainment and the vma's. it's gonna happen

not to mention that she called all of us who are no longer virgins SLUTS!!! WTF JORDIN??!!

total ass of herself... that's all i can say. she should have kept her mouth shut

chocolategoddes

Okay, I rewatched Christina's performance and as much as I loved it, the song sounds A LOT like Britney's Radar. And it doesn't help that she was dressed like Lady Gaga... :/
It sucks that she had to lipsynch... Rihanna should've done the lipsynching!

Ha, I could want that JordinSparks rant over and over again on the loop.

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
ps. somebody want to tell me what the deal with jordin sparks is? i didn't catch what happened, all i heard is that she was calling all the devirginized people of the world sluts?

I didn't take it like that, but I guess other people did? I took it like she was saying something in defense of the Jonas bros. for something she believes in as well.

th_dunno.gif

Rennah

I was glad that Jordin Sparks said that, because she was defending something she believes in.
Maybe she just should have worded her statement differently.

Isn't the definition of "slut" someone who sleeps around/is promiscuous, rather than someone who isn't a virgin?

If slut meant non-virgin, all married couples would be sluts.
shockt.gif

Anyway, girls, let's aspire to NOT be sluts.