My MAC POSTCARD COLLECTION from 1994 with photos!

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousmuffins
Hello - may I first say your collection is un-freakin-believable. I'm in love with it and I don't even collect postcards.
I was wondering if you could help out a fellow Specktra-ite.
I'm a collector myself - shadows. Trying to Collect them all. I have them in a spreadsheet and I like to put the collection name and a photo in the same line as the shadow.

See screenshot - it's a thumbnail.

I'm kinda stuck on Shades of Venus. I noticed that you had 2 (I think) postcards from that collection. I was wondering, when you have time. Could you please post 1 for me so I can have an image associated with the link.
It would be greatly appreciated.

I have photos on just about every page on here - and Shade of Venus does have more than one card. You can wander through the pages and find almost anything. Also, email me at HomesInTradition (my work addy) and I will send you the photobucket links!
smiles.gif

concertina

My god. This collection is astounding! I'm seeing so many amazing images from so long ago and its making me love MAC even more!!

Thank you so much for sharing with us!

concertina

Re: My ever changing Postcard collection ..with pics!

I think of all the one's you've posted High Tea is my favorite. The subject is so unique and the photography is just *stunning*.

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB
MAC image from the 90's... not sure which year but rare!

90sMACimageCanada.jpg

And this as a super close third!

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB
I have photos on just about every page on here - and Shade of Venus does have more than one card. You can wander through the pages and find almost anything. Also, email me at HomesInTradition (my work addy) and I will give you the link to my photobucket so you can look at almost all of my card photos!
smiles.gif

Yes, I definitely looked through all the pages before I bothered you with my request.
winks.gif

I will email you - thank you so very much for letting me have access to your photobucket account - maybe I can actually finish off my collection/postcard images on my spreadsheet.

hooked*on*mac

what a brilliant collection.... great cards,truly beautiful i hope that you have insured your collection, it would be worth $$$$$$$$!!

as a collector my self i have to agree with you that it can be an expensive venture - i have approx 280 cards but i do have duplicates from different countries, once you get that first card you just cant stop! your hooked. It is a bit frustrating that the cards are different from country to country even though they are for the same collection release?

these days i find there seems to be a shortage of mac cards at counters? (is this the same for you?)

i wanted to ask you if your chinese dress card set - are yours like a gift card (that folds in half? - or are they like a postcard? ) also do you have the red bag that the cards came in?

i dont know how you brought yourself to open the deck of cards? i have the same set but i just cant open them, so i bought the book and my cards remain in the shrink wrap, lol i am trying to find a cheap open set that i can flick through,but for now the book is great!

also out of curiosity, how do you store your cards? to prevent them from being damaged?

thanks in advance

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked*on*mac
what a brilliant collection.... great cards,truly beautiful i hope that you have insured your collection, it would be worth $$$$$$$$!!

as a collector my self i have to agree with you that it can be an expensive venture - i have approx 280 cards but i do have duplicates from different countries, once you get that first card you just cant stop! your hooked. It is a bit frustrating that the cards are different from country to country even though they are for the same collection release?

these days i find there seems to be a shortage of mac cards at counters? (is this the same for you?)

i wanted to ask you if your chinese dress card set - are yours like a gift card (that folds in half? - or are they like a postcard? ) also do you have the red bag that the cards came in?

i dont know how you brought yourself to open the deck of cards? i have the same set but i just cant open them, so i bought the book and my cards remain in the shrink wrap, lol i am trying to find a cheap open set that i can flick through,but for now the book is great!

also out of curiosity, how do you store your cards? to prevent them from being damaged?

thanks in advance

Thank you!!!!!
smiles.gif
Addicted is an understatement!!! I don't even want to think of how much I have invested in my collection...won't go there! LOL!

Yes I have Chinese Dress - all of them in the red jacket. Mine are like a card, each opens and has it's own envelope. I also got the event book as well. Deck of Cards... I still have one that is sealed. Had one that was open -
wow...they are really something to look at! Also have some major things from the last Viva Glam show held in Canada. I got in touch with someone from the event and he sent me a BOX of items including some of the cd's from the older shows, the book with the lipstick for the show attached, all kinds of stuff. You should have seen my face when THAT arrived! whoo hooo!!!

As far as how I keep them, they are all in individual sleeves with a sheet of paper behind each of them in 3 inch binders. I keep them in alphabetical order so I can find them when I need to or add new ones.

The list on this page plus the list on the very last page is all the cards I personally own. I have more coming as well that have not arrived yet and a few that arrived yesterday. Time to update my list!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
With this as a close second....

Tantress has always been one of my favs! Very sensual....great colors!
smiles.gif

Go back to the last page and see Floating World....looveeee that card!

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocktail_party
Ooooo, could I get a pic of this??
greengrin.gif

You know I always give you what you want..... in postcards!!! lol!!!!!

FlaLadyB

CULT OF CHERRY INVITATION MAILER --- some resizing had to be done to show all
smiles.gif

Open, unfolded, closed
CultofCherriesopen.jpg

Cultofcherriestotallyopened.jpg

CULTOFCHERRYINVITATIONFOLDOUT95x13.jpg

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiilikcats
Thanks for the oold skool Mac!!!! LOVE IT!!!

THANKS and welcome to Specktra!!!!!!!!!!
smiles.gif

Barb

Latest posts