Nail Art Stamping

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
Did you get your plate yet? Your gonna love that one! I now have 9 plates so far, but I find that one is gna be my all time favorite b/c I like the full nail design plates.

I've been busy lately so it's been a while since I posted here, but I did take pics of my nails for you guys! I'll try to post pics of my nails tomorrow for you guys.

No, I did not get it yet
ssad.gif
Hopefully soon. What other plates do you like?
And I cannot wait to see your pictures!
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by trincess
DSCN4518.jpg

Chg Devotion on Chg Gussied Up Green
m64

I love it! so pretty!

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
^^ would A5 plastic sheet protectors work? The ones that fit in ring binders? then you could add a sticker on the front which showed which stamps are on that plate...

Do you mean the kind with pockets that hold CDs? I think so...
e.g. CD Page Inserts to Fit 3 Ring Binder

I'm in the process of finishing up my vanity area (read: re-organizing all of my nail stuff) so when I'm done I'll be sure to post what I did with my Konad.
smiles.gif

gigglegirl

has anyone tried putting two colours on a single stamp pattern (ie diff colour for petals and for the stem)?

I'm thinking of trying today. Base is banana bandana (quite sheer, bleck i think i need at least 3 coats, plus am i getting sick or do i actually detect a bit of banana scent?). going to try custom kicks and purple w/ a purpose on top.

i love you guys sharing...perhaps i will if i get my camera going!

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
has anyone tried putting two colours on a single stamp pattern (ie diff colour for petals and for the stem)?

I'm thinking of trying today. Base is banana bandana (quite sheer, bleck i think i need at least 3 coats, plus am i getting sick or do i actually detect a bit of banana scent?). going to try custom kicks and purple w/ a purpose on top.

i love you guys sharing...perhaps i will if i get my camera going!

Sound interesting, you have to take a picture!
I never tried to use two colors at the same time, well not yet.
smiles.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Here is what I did with my new M57 plate. I know its not perfect, but still fun looking.
DSC_0674.jpg

China Glaze Rich & Famous
Konad Black n/p
Konad Plate M57

mizuki~

Yay I just got my first Konad stuff in the mail today! I got 2 plates and the stamp+scarper but I didn't buy any of their special nail polishes. I tried stamping with a China Glaze white n/p but it stamps on really sheer..
ssad.gif
Are the special polishes a good investment?

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Yay I just got my first Konad stuff in the mail today! I got 2 plates and the stamp+scarper but I didn't buy any of their special nail polishes. I tried stamping with a China Glaze white n/p but it stamps on really sheer..
ssad.gif

Some girls use other n/p for stamping. I personally did not try other brands yet. I think you should get white and black n/p from konad and for other colors you can play with other brands.
Wich plates did you get?

malaviKat

I have a question...

How are you guys getting such crisp pictures of your work?! I've done a few looks but my pictures suck! (And most of the time I'm a pretty decent photog!) :p

malaviKat

Quote:
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
Some girls use other n/p for stamping. I personally did not try other brands yet. I think you should get white and black n/p from konad and for other colors you can play with other brands.
Wich plates did you get?

I have to agree with this. I think some colours in other brands (e.g. China Glaze's OMG or China Glaze's Romantique collection) stamp quite well. However I've tried many other CG polishes that don't really work at all. I'd also suggest getting the white and black (I have black pearl) special polish from Konad...and, if you want something shiny, perhaps the silver as well. (Though I hear chrome polishes from Sally Hansen work far better!)

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
Wich plates did you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
I have to agree with this. I think some colours in other brands (e.g. China Glaze's OMG or China Glaze's Romantique collection) stamp quite well. However I've tried many other CG polishes that don't really work at all. I'd also suggest getting the white and black (I have black pearl) special polish from Konad...and, if you want something shiny, perhaps the silver as well. (Though I hear chrome polishes from Sally Hansen work far better!)

Thanks ladies! I shall order the black & white special n/p
th_DANCE.gif

I got plates m57
heart.gif
and m71 I'm so excited haha. Hello new obsession!

Anybody bought their rhinestones? They make nails so much prettier
smiles.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
I have a question...

How are you guys getting such crisp pictures of your work?! I've done a few looks but my pictures suck! (And most of the time I'm a pretty decent photog!) :p

I usually use Macro Mode on my camera, trying to hold the camera as far from the nails as I can, but use zoom. When the camera is too close to the object it either picture comes out blurry or not taking pictures at all.

Quote:
Thanks ladies! I shall order the black & white special n/p
th_DANCE.gif

I got plates m57
heart.gif
and m71 I'm so excited haha. Hello new obsession!

Anybody bought their rhinestones? They make nails so much prettier
smiles.gif

I love M57 also, I just got it couple of days ago.
I did not buy my rhinestones from them, but I got them from sallys beauty supply store. They are fun, I used one on my flower, but you cant really see it on the pic.
DSC_0660-vi.jpg

malaviKat

My first two "Konadicures"... (apologies in advance for the shoddy pics.) Note: Both looks used a sponge technique (but I don't own the Konad sponging kit).

Look 1:
China Glaze - Seduce Me
China Glaze - Reggae to Riches
Konad special polish - Black Pearl
Konad special polish - Silver
Konad plate - M70 (graffiti)
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails w/ Nylon - Clear (My favourite topcoat!) Seriously...over a week...no chipping, no tipwear...no nothing!

DSC00072-1.jpg

DSC00090-1.jpg

Look 2:
MAC - Vino (red creme)
Rimmel - Black Satin (black creme)
Konad special polish - Black Pearl
Konad special polish - Gold
Konad plate - M24 (Korean symbol)
Konad plate - M66 (bamboo)
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails w/ Nylon - Clear

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

mizuki~

My first attempt with Konad/nail art! EEk I'm sloppy haha
konad2.jpg

Sally Hansen hard as nails in Carnivale
Konad White
Konad image plate m56
konad1.jpg

(I hope the images are not too big >.<)

BaDKiTTy69

wow, girls!!! you did a great job!!! loving it!!!
I went to a MAC store last night and MA were asking me where do I go to get my nails done!!! hehe... I told her the secret and gave her a website where she can get it.