Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

BuickMackane

Indeed!

So glad they arrived. Any news on your orders?

BTW, jennyap, want to see the ombre skittles mani with the a-englands!!!
I worked from home today but I received an e-mail about 3 packages waiting for me in the post room. I'm pretty sure one of them is a watch I ordered on the weekend. but no idea about the other two. I hope they're the ones that have been sent late Dec / early Jan. I'll find out tomorrow!
pompom.gif

jennyap

I worked from home today but I received an e-mail about 3 packages waiting for me in the post room. I'm pretty sure one of them is a watch I ordered on the weekend. but no idea about the other two. I hope they're the ones that have been sent late Dec / early Jan.
Fingers crossed!

MRV

Awesome! From an UK seller IIRC?

What happened to the old one?
Not a thing! The old one is mine and the new one is for work.

BTW - I just put St George on my nails. UBER pigmented!!! One coat would have sufficed but I made it two.

MRV

I worked from home today but I received an e-mail about 3 packages waiting for me in the post room. I'm pretty sure one of them is a watch I ordered on the weekend. but no idea about the other two. I hope they're the ones that have been sent late Dec / early Jan. I'll find out tomorrow!
pompom.gif
Hopefully it's finally them!

Corally

I'm getting impatient, I want my China Glazes. It usually takes about a week but it's been two weeks and I still don't have them, booh. :( It took me two days but I really like my polkadot mani now. :)

Corally

My second A England order arrived - Dragon and Holy Grail I'm thinking of doing a kind of ombre skittles mani using the 5 holo polishes I have now - Princess Sabra, Dragon, Saint George, Tristam and Bridal Veil. Mainly because I can't decide which one to try first 
girlhaha.gif
That would be awesome!!

BuickMackane

BTW - I just put St George on my nails. UBER pigmented!!! One coat would have sufficed but I made it two.
Ah, that's allright then. I thought you dropped the old one in the lavatory pan or something
lol.gif

re: St.George - that's great! I can never do just one coat either. Even if the coverage is decent the depth usually isn't there.

jennyap

Hah, me too! Made a bit of a mess though - I need much more practice at doing my right hand, especially clean-up
001_unsure.gif

MRV

Hah, me too! Made a bit of a mess though - I need much more practice at doing my right hand, especially clean-up
001_unsure.gif
I had to clean up while doing my nails, too. The stuff stains! I was thinking I should have some kind of way to clean up the cuticle line (or what is it called). I know some use a really fine brush, but I don't know if that would be the best method. What do you guys use?

BuickMackane

I had to clean up while doing my nails, too. The stuff stains! I was thinking I should have some kind of way to clean up the cuticle line (or what is it called). I know some use a really fine brush, but I don't know if that would be the best method. What do you guys use?
Honestly? I do sweet FA unless I've messed up big time. I have a toothpick handy when I'm applying the polish so that I can wipe off any that end up on the cuticles immediately. I didn't have any luck with the fine brush because I couldn't find one that's stiff enough.

I bought some nail polish corrector pens from eBay. They dry out quickly but I filled them with nail polish remover and they work just fine.

Naughtyp

No NPs in the post for me. Jeez. I'm getting super worried about my BB Couture haul now. And my NARS Pokerface which was shipped on December effin 26th! 
icon_eek.gif
Anyways, today's mani was 2 coats of OPI What's With the Cattitude topped with Sephora Chaotic, which a dear friend and colleague brought back for me from her short stay in NY (yay for conferences!). It's almost a dead on dupe for Lynderella Join the Dots. There was a bit of a glass file massacre shortly before this mani came to life, so my nails look like those of a 10-year old. Which is pretty much business at usual as far as I'm concerned. What was I saying? Yes, mani: With flash: And another pic, blurry but a lot more colour accurate:
I love that color I want it so bad! I wasn't that into np when the shreck collection came out but I found Rumples Wiggin a couple weeks ago I was soooo happy! but this blue is so pretty and I have a cat and attitude!! but not willing to pay 30 bucks or more for it!!

BuickMackane

DL Sweet Dreams. I'm so glad I bought this colour!
heart.gif

I know the flakies aren't really visible in this pic so you'll have to believe me when I say they're shiny, squishy and drop dead gorgeous!

CartoonChic

I did some research on the acetone vs non-acetone question. Non-acetone is preferred for artificial nails because the solvents in pure acetone can dissolve acrylic and cause it to separate from the nail. Acetone is better for removing glitter because it is a stronger solvent. It can also dry out natural nails. You'll need to moisturize after use to replace the moisture. So I guess as long as you moisturize afterwards, acetone is fine on natural nails but should never be used on acrylic nails.

I may get a small bottle of acetone remover for glitter polish removal, and to try for nail clean up. I just use those makeup cotton swabs with the pointed tip for my clean up. I dip it in the Zoya Remove+ non-acetone remover. I tried using a cheap Eco Tools slanted eye brush for removal once. Big mistake. I dipped it in the non-acetone remover and the hairs immediately started falling out. The brush was brand new because I bought it specifically for nail clean up. I didn't buy any of the nail brushes I saw at Sally's because I wanted an angled brush.

CartoonChic

That Chanel Dragon iPhone case makes me want to get an iPhone, too. Speaking of Chanel, I received my polishes yesterday and today. I didn't think I would like Gold Fingers at all. I thought it would be too yellow for my skin tone and wouldn't look right. I was so wrong. It's a very pretty sheer gold. I still had on my messed up Lady Muck mani and layered Gold Fingers over it. It made me think of Versailles. I'm going to do a real manicure with that combination soon. Inattendu and Quartz are also colors I thought I wouldn't like. Quartz is like a nude color on me but with something special. I think it's because of the shimmer in it. I was expecting Inattendu to be an ugly beige that would clash with my skin tone, but it's really a pretty peach. Beige Petal is basically a clear polish, but I knew that when I purchased it.

Has anyone in the US received their A-England orders yet? I know the shipping will be longer and that Adina is also behind because of the surge during the sale. I'm just trying to judge how much longer the wait will be. I'm so impatient and excited for these polishes!

kimibos

I did some research on the acetone vs non-acetone question. Non-acetone is preferred for artificial nails because the solvents in pure acetone can dissolve acrylic and cause it to separate from the nail. Acetone is better for removing glitter because it is a stronger solvent. It can also dry out natural nails. You'll need to moisturize after use to replace the moisture. So I guess as long as you moisturize afterwards, acetone is fine on natural nails but should never be used on acrylic nails.

I may get a small bottle of acetone remover for glitter polish removal, and to try for nail clean up. I just use those makeup cotton swabs with the pointed tip for my clean up. I dip it in the Zoya Remove+ non-acetone remover. I tried using a cheap Eco Tools slanted eye brush for removal once. Big mistake. I dipped it in the non-acetone remover and the hairs immediately started falling out. The brush was brand new because I bought it specifically for nail clean up. I didn't buy any of the nail brushes I saw at Sally's because I wanted an angled brush.
hun, it felt apart because the zoya remover is PURE ACETONE + GLYCERIN, and some dye plus lavender fragance. there is nothing wrong with using acetone.
i dont know why soo many people say its not acetone and natural. if you read the ingredients they write 2-propanone which is acetone, just to make people think its natural i guess. also water to mix the glycerin in, which is what moisturizes the nail.

by the way i recommend you the non acetone remover from sallys i like it alot. it removes polish ok.

Latest posts