Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

kimibos

DL Sweet Dreams. I'm so glad I bought this colour!
heart.gif

I know the flakies aren't really visible in this pic so you'll have to believe me when I say they're shiny, squishy and drop dead gorgeous!
nice pink but i like the ring more!! I
heart.gif
HK

liba

I didn't realize so many people were hanging out in this thread!

When it comes to nail polish, I'm a big fan of China Glaze, now even more than ever - they've really been stepping it up and doing much more rich and unusual colors since last year in particular. Really giving the high end brands a run for their money.

Anyhow I'm all excited because I just found out about their summer collection that features neon jellies!!! Those are going to be ridiculous.

http://www.everything2k.com/2012/10/china-glaze-neons-on-shore-collection.html

I'm going to wind up getting the sets, because there are literally only 2 colors in the whole thing I'm not crazy about.

I can't wait for the holographic collection either!

I'm sure a bunch of you bought plenty from On Safari and New Bohemian. Which ones did you wear the most? For me, it was a tie between Man Hunt (the rich blue from Safari) and Deviantly Daring (the blue/emerald from Boho), followed by Elephant Walk, and I also had Adventure Red-y on a lot more than expected. I kept wanting to wear Desert Sun, but usually grabbed something else because I always wanted LOUDER!

Naughtyp

With cases like this around it's hard not to get an iPhone!

I'm tempted to place an order but I first need to decide if I'm going to get the iPhone in white or black. I thought the enabling on this thread was limited to NPs. And other cosmetics, at a stretch. But smartphones?!?! We're excelling ourselves!
cheerleader.gif
I got an iphone just so i can get the Juicy Couture cases and the Victorias secret PINK ones lol. My brother was like " you are NOT getting a phone just for the cases?!? i told him uh ya....lol i am! i have around 10.

Still waiting for my A englands!!! =( im all the way in CALI tho so i know it will take awhile.

Im wearing the purple opi sand poilish its so pretty! i love all of the ones i have tried, (blue, black, and purple) i dont know which one i will end up with a full bottle of yet.

I need to try a Zoya pixie polish cuz it seems like the opi sand ones and i like it, so.... lol

I heard Victorias Secre twas coming out with a polish line, i dunno when it comes out tho.

Naughtyp

- Fairy Lights - Olympic Set
- Spring 2013 colors
- Nude Set

I still don't have any Essies or Diors yet, but I'm working on it. Lol, can I count OPI if I only have one?
Of course it counts lol ( 1 opi). Of the ones you still want i have : Slapper, Trout POut, Knackered, Disco Biscuit, Fairy Lights, Henley Regatta, Spring colors (Fiver, Fruit Machine, Kerfluffle, ANd Molly Coddles).
I want the olympic set, Jasper,HRH< Brawens Feather, Macbeth and Tart with heart.
No essies?! =0 better get on that lol. na jk they have a lot of great colors in the perm line

Naughtyp

When it comes to nail polish, I'm a big fan of China Glaze, now even more than ever - they've really been stepping it up and doing much more rich and unusual colors since last year in particular. Really giving the high end brands a run for their money.

Anyhow I'm all excited because I just found out about their summer collection that features neon jellies!!! Those are going to be ridiculous.

I'm going to wind up getting the sets, because there are literally only 2 colors in the whole thing I'm not crazy about.

I'm sure a bunch of you bought plenty from On Safari and New Bohemian. Which ones did you wear the most? For me, it was a tie between Man Hunt (the rich blue from Safari) and Deviantly Daring (the blue/emerald from Boho), followed by Elephant Walk, and I also had Adventure Red-y on a lot more than expected. I kept wanting to wear Desert Sun, but usually grabbed something else because I always wanted LOUDER!
Hey liba lol . I have so many similar colors but i know im going to get some of those China Glaze neons on shore !! cant wait to see more swacthes.
I only got Im not Lion from the safari collection.

CartoonChic

hun, it felt apart because the zoya remover is PURE ACETONE + GLYCERIN, and some dye plus lavender fragance. there is nothing wrong with using acetone.
i dont know why soo many people say its not acetone and natural. if you read the ingredients they write 2-propanone which is acetone, just to make people think its natural i guess. also water to mix the glycerin in, which is what moisturizes the nail.

by the way i recommend you the non acetone remover from sallys i like it alot. it removes polish ok.
LOL! Now I know I've been inhaling too many fumes. I thought for sure Remove+ was a non-acetone remover. Thanks for setting me straight.
bangin.gif

Medgal07

Sounds like a blast!
pompom.gif

I'm slightly disappointed about the lack of airbourne plastic cups though. Surely they are the life and soul of any social gathering?

I have no idea if we have events here. I'll ask the peeps at the counter when I go to Rotterdam on Friday. I don't think counters do events though. It's probably stores only. Whatever, I'll ask anyway
lol.gif
That's an interesting issue that you raise...I've never seen events like this at MAC counters, unless it's a store-exclusive product...like MAC Illustrated that was a Nordstrom exclusive.
icon_eek.gif

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Hi There Liba! You just got here and you're already enabling!! I LOVE YOU! I don't think I have anything from On Safari/New Bohemian. These folks have FORCED me into some new brands like A England, and I'm loving it. I suspect I have some catching up to do. I have some of the prior China Glaze sets...I think a holiday one and a spring & summer set. I don't always like every color in the sets but usually it's no more than one, so it's worth the purchase.

Medgal07

With cases like this around it's hard not to get an iPhone!

I'm tempted to place an order but I first need to decide if I'm going to get the iPhone in white or black. I thought the enabling on this thread was limited to NPs. And other cosmetics, at a stretch. But smartphones?!?! We're excelling ourselves!
cheerleader.gif
LOL
lmao.gif
I don't know which one to get!
th_dunno.gif
I just stared at the photo for ten minutes. I have a white iPhone 5. The problem is they only have a picture of what appears to be a black iPhone right? I got the white phone because I knew it would be easier to see it in my purse AKA the black hole/bottomless pit!

Medgal07

My second A England order arrived - Dragon and Holy Grail

I'm thinking of doing a kind of ombre skittles mani using the 5 holo polishes I have now - Princess Sabra, Dragon, Saint George, Tristam and Bridal Veil. Mainly because I can't decide which one to try first
girlhaha.gif
Photos are a must!!!
eyelove.gif

Medgal07

Weird! It dries the hell outta my nails lol
I do that all the time! Except for the iphone 5 there were no phone cases out for a while.
That's correct! I was nervous while waiting to get an accurately sized case for my iPhone 5. Totally afraid I'd do something to destroy it!
icon_eek.gif

Anneri

Oh I love it. How on earth did you find that? I'm getting one for my iPhone. I have a boring clear cover. My hubby will die--he already thinks I've gone of the way deep end--not just the deep end, but the way deep end.
fluffy.gif
Too much time on teh interwebs...
tumbleweed.gif

HI LIBA!
th_partytime.gif
Nice to see you in here!
And no doubt I'll end up with both the mint and turquoise CGs from the link you posted. Though I'm not as bad with mint polishes as kimibos! lol
For reasons now unknown to me, I skipped both the Safari and Bohemian editions. Strange. I'll pop over to my usual stores and see if its still there, because I remember that I liked the Safari one a lot!

MAChostage

I recently tried the foil method for the first time and I used non-acetone. Worked just fine.

I saw these videos for removing glitter nail polish. The first one does remind me of Freddy Krueger like Buick said.
girlhaha.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DObRTb7NgAw

Here's another video that uses little nail soak containers instead of foil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WfkRtMg2CQ

I'm not sure about using pure acetone, though. I don't think my nails could handle it.