Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

BuickMackane

LOL
lmao.gif
I don't know which one to get!
th_dunno.gif
I just stared at the photo for ten minutes. I have a white iPhone 5. The problem is they only have a picture of what appears to be a black iPhone right? I got the white phone because I knew it would be easier to see it in my purse AKA the black hole/bottomless pit!
You sure you're not talking about my purse? The white phone's definitely a good idea. I'll bear that in mind when/if I go phone shopping
flower.gif

honey on boost

That Chanel Dragon iPhone case makes me want to get an iPhone, too. Speaking of Chanel, I received my polishes yesterday and today. I didn't think I would like Gold Fingers at all. I thought it would be too yellow for my skin tone and wouldn't look right. I was so wrong. It's a very pretty sheer gold. I still had on my messed up Lady Muck mani and layered Gold Fingers over it. It made me think of Versailles. I'm going to do a real manicure with that combination soon. Inattendu and Quartz are also colors I thought I wouldn't like. Quartz is like a nude color on me but with something special. I think it's because of the shimmer in it. I was expecting Inattendu to be an ugly beige that would clash with my skin tone, but it's really a pretty peach. Beige Petal is basically a clear polish, but I knew that when I purchased it.

Has anyone in the US received their A-England orders yet? I know the shipping will be longer and that Adina is also behind because of the surge during the sale. I'm just trying to judge how much longer the wait will be. I'm so impatient and excited for these polishes!
I haven't received mine yet either.

Medgal07

I enjoyed wearing SD more than I though I would. It really is a gorgeous colour
heart.gif
. I have a feeling it will look even better on darker skin tones.

Ah, HK
pompom.gif
. I'm fully aware it's rather ridiculous of me to wear HK jewellery at my age but who cares? I went to a HK exhibition last year. It was brilliant!

You know, I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one. I don't need a smartphone at all (my old faithful Nokia is still going strong) and I very rarely get the urge to buy one but that NP case is just too much!

You sure you're not talking about my purse? The white phone's definitely a good idea. I'll bear that in mind when/if I go phone shopping
flower.gif
lolz.gif
I was a tad skeptical initially because I thought it would get dirty from handling and makeup...not so. I use an earpiece and never hold it against my face/ear.

BuickMackane

lolz.gif
I was a tad skeptical initially because I thought it would get dirty from handling and makeup...not so. I use an earpiece and never hold it against my face/ear.
You can wipe it if it gets a bit grubby right? And surely every iPhone deserves a bit of lippie on it every now and again? I reckon Moxie or any of the MM reds would look most fetching on a white iPhone.

VampyCouture

Just switched my manicure from Zoya Cynthia to Essence Chic Reloaded (gorgeous underrated shade!) and Revlon Steel Her Heart (DC) as an accent. I love this great dark grey, blue, multichrome manicure I've got going on.
pretty.gif

Medgal07

Just switched my manicure from Zoya Cynthia to Essence Chic Reloaded (gorgeous underrated shade!) and Revlon Steel Her Heart (DC) as an accent. I love this great dark grey, blue, multichrome manicure I've got going on.
pretty.gif
VC,
wavey.gif
I would love to see your multichrome manicure!!!!
th_dunno.gif

Medgal07

My wait is partially over--the last three of my Butter London Sweetie Shop collection arrived today. Makes me long for spring even more--especially since it's going down to 5 degrees tonight. May the pastels warm me!!
grouphug2.gif

MACina

Wow....I love all these polishes, Medgal!

It is very cold here too and I should use my pastels to warm me as well.

My wait is partially over--the last three of my Butter London Sweetie Shop collection arrived today. Makes me long for spring even more--especially since it's going down to 5 degrees tonight. May the pastels warm me!!
grouphug2.gif

honey on boost

grouphug2.gif

So pretty!! I hope I don't cave and buy them. I'm trying to stay strong here!!

MACina

love.gif
....looks beautiful, honey on boost!

And completely different from Gris Montaigne.At first I thought that they
might be similar but they are not at all.

GT looks more like Essie Chinchilly.

Put on Gris Trianon the other night. It's soo pretty! A good work safe color.

Medgal07

Put on Gris Trianon the other night. It's soo pretty! A good work safe color.

So gorgeous!
bouquet.gif
I haven't even worn mine yet!! I totally love the length of your nails, and your manis are so neat and perfect looking. I love long nails but I can't maintain them--I'm always breaking one and I'm not into fake nails. I don't even know what the latest & greatest techniques & products are.
th_dunno.gif

MRV

I didn't realize so many people were hanging out in this thread!

When it comes to nail polish, I'm a big fan of China Glaze, now even more than ever - they've really been stepping it up and doing much more rich and unusual colors since last year in particular. Really giving the high end brands a run for their money.

Anyhow I'm all excited because I just found out about their summer collection that features neon jellies!!! Those are going to be ridiculous.

http://www.everything2k.com/2012/10/china-glaze-neons-on-shore-collection.html

I'm going to wind up getting the sets, because there are literally only 2 colors in the whole thing I'm not crazy about.

I can't wait for the holographic collection either!

I'm sure a bunch of you bought plenty from On Safari and New Bohemian. Which ones did you wear the most? For me, it was a tie between Man Hunt (the rich blue from Safari) and Deviantly Daring (the blue/emerald from Boho), followed by Elephant Walk, and I also had Adventure Red-y on a lot more than expected. I kept wanting to wear Desert Sun, but usually grabbed something else because I always wanted LOUDER!
Thank you for the link. I will get several from this collection for sure because I loved the Summer Neons 2012!

I got 4 polishes from Bohemian and Safari each. Unpredictable, Rare & Radiant, No Plain Jane, and Deviantly Daring (all worn just once). Then I'm not Lion & Kalahari Kiss (they were a lovely combo, although not the best on my skintone), and I Herd That & Desert Sun which I have not worn yet.