Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MRV

Thank you medgal so much, you are very kind!

MRV yes it is green with a lot of gray in it. Formula is great too! very creamy and two coats give full coverage. I love cream finish and opaque color
Looks nice. I have only two Lancômes, Chocolat Mordoré and Infusion de Prune that I got recently from the final sales. Not yet worn either, but fall is coming soon. (One thing that bothers me with Lancôme is that they don't have the polish names on the bottles - or am I too old to see
icon_eek.gif
?)

ATM I'm wearing Elevation Gobi. I had to put it on right away I got it because it is such an interesting shade. It's something like yellow-brown-olive with a green cast and micro holo glitters. In the bottle it looks more like a holo, but on nails from a distance it's not holo, just glowy with the green cast flashing. Unfortunately my iP was unable to understand the green cast, and it does not show here:

I did not have any specific problems with this polish like HOB had with the green one.

Naughtyp

Been Mia the last few days..... my cat Prince has been missing so I'm hella depressed :( nothing can make me happy until he returns. which might not happen :( I'm going to check the shelters in about an hour. made posters eager day and posted around my apartments and the stupid manager tore them all down ;( I've been wearing lilypad lacquer blooming violets for a few days it's so pretty I don't want to remove it. I added nails inc electric lane on top and OMG so pretty. but not pretty enough to heal my heartache :(

Corally

Been Mia the last few days..... my cat Prince has been missing so I'm hella depressed :( nothing can make me happy until he returns. which might not happen :( I'm going to check the shelters in about an hour. made posters eager day and posted around my apartments and the stupid manager tore them all down ;( I've been wearing lilypad lacquer blooming violets for a few days it's so pretty I don't want to remove it. I added nails inc electric lane on top and OMG so pretty. but not pretty enough to heal my heartache :(
That's terrible! I hope you'll find your kittycat soon! :(

Medgal07

but not pretty enough to heal my heartache
ssad.gif
Oh Naughtyp! I feel so bad about your cat. I hope Prince comes home. Is it possible that Prince could be trying to find the place that you moved
from?? I've heard of animals doing that! Fingers crossed for his sage return.
th_cheerup.gif

Anitacska

So sorry to hear about your cat. Our Paws has gone missing twice and it was horrible. Luckily we found him safe and sound both times. Really hope you find your Prince soon!

Pinkdollface

I tried to take a picture of my mani with China Glaze Highlight of my Summer, but it's greener than the picture shows. I heard it was very difficult to apply and although it wasn't easy it went better than expected. I used Trind Nail Repair as a base and 3 coats of HOMS and Out the Door topcoat. Before the topcoat the surface did show some brushstrokes, but after the topcoat those luckily disappeared. I waited a couple minutes between each coat, but that's what I always like to do. I really like the colour. It does look a lot brighter than any mintgreen I've come across and on me it is neon. It seems to glow when I'm in the shadow in the same way other neons do, but this colour works better on my skin than Flip Flop Fantasy for example.

MRV

So sorry to hear Prince is missing. He is your baby. I hope he will come home soon.
I tried to take a picture of my mani with China Glaze Highlight of my Summer, but it's greener than the picture shows. I heard it was very difficult to apply and although it wasn't easy it went better than expected. I used Trind Nail Repair as a base and 3 coats of HOMS and Out the Door topcoat. Before the topcoat the surface did show some brushstrokes, but after the topcoat those luckily disappeared. I waited a couple minutes between each coat, but that's what I always like to do. I really like the colour. It does look a lot brighter than any mintgreen I've come across and on me it is neon. It seems to glow when I'm in the shadow in the same way other neons do, but this colour works better on my skin than Flip Flop Fantasy for example.
It looks lovely and nice to hear the texture was ok (I have not worn this yet). Coincidence: I'm wearing Heat Index

Anneri

Hello ladies, I'm baaaaaaaaack!

First let me give you all a big hug and a thank you just as big for all your lovely birthday wishes!
grouphug2.gif
flower.gif
grouphug2.gif
flower.gif

urock.gif

I went from France to Switzerland to visit a friend of mine and we had a wonderful time. And everybody spoilt me big time on my birthday, it was so nice. My fiance and I had dinner at a really posh restaurant and when the hotel had made the reservation they had apparently told them about our birthdays and when dessert arrived it had birthday wishes in French written on it - in chocolate! My fiance gave me Chanel ballet flats I wanted for so long, and I got some gift cards and money that I spent right there in France. Oops...
My wonderful friend in Switzerland had gotten Riri Woo for me, bless her heart.

Before I post some pics I wanted to say don't give up hope, Naughtyp! One of my parents' cats vanished at some point in November when he was quite sick and we had horrible weather. Everybody had given up hope but for my mother, and on Christmas Eve somebody rang our bell and brought the cat! Did you call the shelters in your area already? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, I know how horrible the whole situation is!

Anneri

And here's my np haul:
c4ef4421_image.jpeg
I did a mani with the blue Kiko above and put one coat of Girly Bits Daddy's Little Girl over it, because we all know that everything is better with glitter! ;-)
2be67579_image.jpeg
(I don't dare to post of a pic of the whole haul - it was a lot. A lot.)

MACina

th_thstars.gif
.....Anneri, I am sooooooooooo happy for you
th_thstars.gif

Sounds like an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G time
pompom.gif

OMG, you got fabulous gifts.....Chanel ballet flats?????????
eyelove.gif

And I am sure that RRW looks gorgeous on you!

Hello ladies, I'm baaaaaaaaack!

First let me give you all a big hug and a thank you just as big for all your lovely birthday wishes!
grouphug2.gif
flower.gif
grouphug2.gif
flower.gif

urock.gif

I went from France to Switzerland to visit a friend of mine and we had a wonderful time. And everybody spoilt me big time on my birthday, it was so nice. My fiance and I had dinner at a really posh restaurant and when the hotel had made the reservation they had apparently told them about our birthdays and when dessert arrived it had birthday wishes in French written on it - in chocolate! My fiance gave me Chanel ballet flats I wanted for so long, and I got some gift cards and money that I spent right there in France. Oops...
My wonderful friend in Switzerland had gotten Riri Woo for me, bless her heart.

Before I post some pics I wanted to say don't give up hope, Naughtyp! One of my parents' cats vanished at some point in November when he was quite sick and we had horrible weather. Everybody had given up hope but for my mother, and on Christmas Eve somebody rang our bell and brought the cat! Did you call the shelters in your area already? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, I know how horrible the whole situation is!

lilinah

Just dropped in to say hello!

I'm back from my trip (left 17 July). I could rarely check e-mail, but i did get a notice from Llarowe that David Bowie's Bulge was back in stock, and since my snail mail was being held, it was safe to order it. Just picked up my mail at the Post Awful and was so excited to open up my Llawrowe package and gaze on DBB's beauty.

Sadly, 3 weeks of industrial strength hand soap and alcohol based hand sanitizer have wreaked havoc on my nails, broken and chipped, and (ugh!) hangnails, even though i used hand cream every day. I'm slathering them with Dior Abricot twice a day now and they are doing better. But i won't be ready for nail polish for a few weeks.

Anyway, just jumped in to say hello. Now i have to go back and look through nearly 1000 messages i missed on this board, so i can see what new beauteous nail polishes are out there and all the lovely things everyone is doing with their nails.

Medgal07

Super pretty on you PDF!!! I like China Glaze but I'm often miffed that quite often, the color in the bottle is not the color that results on my nails. Never understood that
th_dunno.gif