Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Time for some mani pictures. First is Emily de Molly Gazing Upwards topped with 17 Wishing Star (2013 untried) on the accents.

View attachment 68482

View attachment 68483

View attachment 68484

Next is Tonic Polish I Put a Spell On You topped with Cupcake Polish Ornamentary My Dear on the accents. The Tonic was a bit disappointing. I was really excited about it as it was compared to the Knight by Dance Legend which is a really cool polish, but it's just a bit meh.

View attachment 68485

View attachment 68486

View attachment 68487

View attachment 68488

This is Enchanted Polish April 2013 topped with Glam Polish Scream on the accents. I didn't like either of these. Also, I somehow managed to horribly mess up the little finger nail. I decided to take pictures anyway as I didn't have time to sort it out until the next evening and it was sunny for a change. So just ignore the little finger.

View attachment 68489

View attachment 68490

View attachment 68491
I like your last mani! And the first is really pretty too, so soft. I hate it when I get the ripply "should have let it dry" fingers!

PearlyQueen

I have a few more manis, first is Dance Legend 95 Wazowsky topped with Polish Me Silly Green Goddess on the accents. I was really pleased with the DL, it was so pigmented. I thought I might have to put it over black, but no, it was nearly a one coater on its own (I did 2).

View attachment 68492

View attachment 68493

View attachment 68494

Next is Emily de Molly Doll House (thermal) topped with Barry M Ruby Glitter (2013 untried) on the accents.

View attachment 68495

View attachment 68496

View attachment 68497

My current mani is Glam Polish Have Mercy with Girly Bits Pocket Full of Fairies. This is my favourite of the bunch, both polishes are so pretty.

View attachment 68498

View attachment 68499

View attachment 68500
Oh I like these! Those DL multichromes are my favourites I think, I own both of those polishes and Wazowski is on my shelf of things to wear soon (and has been forever!!! I hardly ever wear my greens). It's a great mani. I also like the last one, very pretty.

PearlyQueen

I resisted the EPs. Put 4 in my basket and nearly checked them out but I didn't do it. Then I looked at PPU previews and I want three of them so I'm glad I saved the money. I've picked Alchemy, Lollipop Posse and Dreamland, I was debating Great Lakes but I hunted down a swatch video of it and it's not as nice as I thought. And this morning I saw FTLOP and I really would like to get it, so the EP money will definitely come in handy. I also faced down my buyer's remorse with PfD and had a good look at what I ordered and I'm pleased to say I'm happy with what's coming so no regrets after all.

Anitacska

I like your last mani! And the first is really pretty too, so soft. I hate it when I get the ripply "should have let it dry" fingers!

I normally fall asleep on the sofa after doing my nails and very rarely mess them up this badly, so I don't know what happened.

Anitacska

I resisted the EPs. Put 4 in my basket and nearly checked them out but I didn't do it. Then I looked at PPU previews and I want three of them so I'm glad I saved the money. I've picked Alchemy, Lollipop Posse and Dreamland, I was debating Great Lakes but I hunted down a swatch video of it and it's not as nice as I thought. And this morning I saw FTLOP and I really would like to get it, so the EP money will definitely come in handy. I also faced down my buyer's remorse with PfD and had a good look at what I ordered and I'm pleased to say I'm happy with what's coming so no regrets after all.

Well done for resisting the EPs! I didn't buy anything after Black Friday either. I will buy the whole Femme Fatale collection though as the whole set is only £57 (for 8 polishes) and I have another 8 coming already, so they will fit in 4 packs of 4. Might as well add the one I'm not that crazy about to fill the fourth package. I think I'll get 4 from PPU, the FF, Different Dimension, Dreamland (I only noticed that one once the wishlisting opened, even though I check the group often) and probably the Fair Maiden. I also like the FTLOP box, especially the Pahlish and the Quixotic.

Tonic has a new release on Sunday, they have 3 new UP polishes at $19 each! :eek: That's just taking the piss now. I still don't understand how it's possible that they can keep releasing new UP polishes if the UP pigment is so rare. It either is or it isn't, but you can't have it both ways. I haven't seen swatches, but I might get one based on the description, even though I'd hate to spend that much.

PearlyQueen

Well done for resisting the EPs! I didn't buy anything after Black Friday either. I will buy the whole Femme Fatale collection though as the whole set is only £57 (for 8 polishes) and I have another 8 coming already, so they will fit in 4 packs of 4. Might as well add the one I'm not that crazy about to fill the fourth package. I think I'll get 4 from PPU, the FF, Different Dimension, Dreamland (I only noticed that one once the wishlisting opened, even though I check the group often) and probably the Fair Maiden. I also like the FTLOP box, especially the Pahlish and the Quixotic.

Tonic has a new release on Sunday, they have 3 new UP polishes at $19 each! :eek: That's just taking the piss now. I still don't understand how it's possible that they can keep releasing new UP polishes if the UP pigment is so rare. It either is or it isn't, but you can't have it both ways. I haven't seen swatches, but I might get one based on the description, even though I'd hate to spend that much.
That's a good price on ff. I like the PPU FF too, if they weren't on my naughty list I'd be tempted. That's a hefty price for those Tonics! I agree, UP is either rare or not, and it doesn't seem very rare to me. I just sold a UP polish on eBay, it didn't fetch a high price!
I did a quick count this morning, I have 75 polishes coming across BF, the HHC Lollipops, Glams, random other previous buys and including the PPU and FTLOPs. It's like the olden days! Quite glad now that Illyrian cancelled their BF sale.

Anitacska

That's a good price on ff. I like the PPU FF too, if they weren't on my naughty list I'd be tempted. That's a hefty price for those Tonics! I agree, UP is either rare or not, and it doesn't seem very rare to me. I just sold a UP polish on eBay, it didn't fetch a high price!
I did a quick count this morning, I have 75 polishes coming across BF, the HHC Lollipops, Glams, random other previous buys and including the PPU and FTLOPs. It's like the olden days! Quite glad now that Illyrian cancelled their BF sale.

I have 85 coming (eventually)! Despite that, this year I only bought less than 3/4 of what I bought last year and just over half of two years' ago. I might be recovering, lol.

I'm not sure what to do about the Tonics. I really like one, like about 4 more, but do I want to buy them or risk losing out as she's not restocking things nowadays. Also where do I send them? The UK postage and customs is a lot (and I'm not sure it's worth it as they're not amazing), but will they get to Stackry before Christmas? The launch is this Sunday. Ugh, I don't know.

Last edited:

boschicka

I have 85 coming (eventually)! Despite it, this year I only bought less than 3/4 of what I bought last year and just over half of two years' ago. I might be recovering, lol.

I'm not sure what to do about the Tonics. I really like one, like about 4 more, but do I want to buy them or risk losing out as she's not restocking things nowadays. Also where do I send them? The UK postage and customs is a lot (and I'm not sure it's worth it as they're not amazing), but will they get to Stackry before Christmas? The launch is this Sunday. Ugh, I don't know.
I know USPS is hit or miss these days, but Tonic usually ships orders quickly, no? If so, they stand a good chance of making it before Christmas.

Anitacska

I forgot to say, someone sent me a picture of the PfD Black Friday polish. I'm happy to share it if you want to see it, or let you see it first when you receive it. All I'm saying is I'll definitely need a decant. 😉

PearlyQueen

I forgot to say, someone sent me a picture of the PfD Black Friday polish. I'm happy to share it if you want to see it, or let you see it first when you receive it. All I'm saying is I'll definitely need a decant. 😉
Oo, yes please! If you want a decant I'm guessing I'll like it! And obviously that's not a problem.
My shipment is in Coventry! Hoping that doesn't mean customs payable...

Anitacska

Huh, weird thing happened. I started swatching my Girly Bits polishes last week. Yesterday I found 3 polishes that weren't on the spreadsheet. I did remember them, they were in the right drawer, but obviously forgot to put them on the spreadsheet. So I actually have 3 more GBs than I thought. (I wonder how many "forgotten" polishes there are altogether. :oops:)

PearlyQueen

Huh, weird thing happened. I started swatching my Girly Bits polishes last week. Yesterday I found 3 polishes that weren't on the spreadsheet. I did remember them, they were in the right drawer, but obviously forgot to put them on the spreadsheet. So I actually have 3 more GBs than I thought. (I wonder how many "forgotten" polishes there are altogether. :oops:)
Just what you need - more polishes! A nice surprise though, I'm sure I have some forgotten gems too. Swatching is a good way to find them.

Latest posts