NARS Dual-Intensity Blush (Spring 2015)

EllaS

Just adding a couple more sets of swatches to the thread. Here are Frenzy and Panic. Both swatched well, dry and wet. My main observation is that once you put the color down wet, it's pretty hard to blend away. So if you're using a damp brush, go easy and build slowly. But overall, very pleased with them!

javadoo

These look beautiful, although a little sparkly for my taste, but I don't know if I can see myself forking over $45 for blush. It might be a little too expensive for my wallet.

Shars

Just adding a couple more sets of swatches to the thread. Here are Frenzy and Panic. Both swatched well, dry and wet. My main observation is that once you put the color down wet, it's pretty hard to blend away. So if you're using a damp brush, go easy and build slowly. But overall, very pleased with them!

Love both of these. I think T said the same about the wet application. I think they have enough pigmentation dry so I'll be happy to just apply them dry. Thanks again for your always welcome swatches and thoughts!

Shars

Oh I meant to post this a few days ago and completely forgot. Some of the blushes swatched on darker skin.

I know the IG user is on specktra but not sure what her handle is.

beautycool

Karen mentioned in her review that those who have dry skin should try a primer that minimizes pores with these blushes because of the shimmer in them.  I've never used one so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
Hi Hun just seen this post and reminds me of me about primers My cheeks are bit bad but I had a small sachet sample of the smash box primer I think the new one out not the spray the other one Can't think what it's called photo something I think omg it's the best primer I have used Pore professional is ok but this smashbox is the best one by far oh or mac prep n prime I think it is I have trial size of that too As it's early morning here I will try and look Tomorow for you ok :) It's really good they both are I need full sizes lol I want to try hourglass primer too but it's expensive :(

msvluvsmac

Hi Hun just seen this post and reminds me of me about primers My cheeks are bit bad but I had a small sachet sample of the smash box primer I think the new one out not the spray the other one Can't think what it's called photo something I think omg it's the best primer I have used Pore professional is ok but this smashbox is the best one by far oh or mac prep n prime I think it is I have trial size of that too As it's early morning here I will try and look Tomorow for you ok :) It's really good they both are I need full sizes lol I want to try hourglass primer too but it's expensive :(
Thanks so much. I saw the small Smashbox primer in Macy's earlier today.

beautycool

Thanks so much. I saw the small Smashbox primer in Macy's earlier today.
Your welcome There's a few of them isn't there It the one and it's see through clear And it's very thick inconsistency maybe it's bit diff as I only have the small sample in a square :) :( I need more I need to buy full size :)

elegant-one

Thanks my friend! They look great on you! I swatched these & they are so beautiful.
heart.gif

ra143

These look lovely but my main concern with this texture is that over time and with use it'll form that thick crust and top and product will get sealed. I have an oily skin and that happened with my Extra Dimension Skinfinishes and other cream to powder formulas. I have the new MUFE Sculpting Duo and even tho I love it I am so afraid I'll seal it with use. Am I the only one that has this issue?

Monsy

Try not to double dip. Always use clean brush and once you apply on your skin do not use the same brush to dip into a product.

brittbby

Anybody have suggestions on what brush to use with these? I bought panic and its hard to pick up product because of how stiff these are. I used MAC 168 to apply.

elegant-one

Anybody have suggestions on what brush to use with these? I bought panic and its hard to pick up product because of how stiff these are. I used MAC 168 to apply.
They're stiff? I swatched it in the store with my finger & it seemed so smooth & creamy. I haven't picked one up yet.

Hi hun!

brittbby

They're stiff? I swatched it in the store with my finger & it seemed so smooth & creamy. I haven't picked one up yet. Hi hun!
Heyyyyy :) long time no talk. I've been lurking haha ;) They swatch on the fingertips amazingly but when I got it home, my 168 picked up very minimal.... I was so sad because they looked gorgeous. I'm going someone has a suggestion on a stiffer brush. I may try picking up the new NARS brush, but $42 to make a product work seems excessive.

EllaS

They swatch on the fingertips amazingly but when I got it home, my 168 picked up very minimal.... I was so sad because they looked gorgeous. I'm going someone has a suggestion on a stiffer brush. I may try picking up the new NARS brush, but $42 to make a product work seems excessive.
I've just been using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. You still have to put a fair amount of pressure to pick up product, but I find it picks up just enough and not too much which is good because it's easy to over-do some of these bright colors. Sometimes I squeeze the head of the brush to make it even more dense if I want to pick up even more color. Maybe not the most elegant solution but it works...and it's cheap!

brittbby

I've just been using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. You still have to put a fair amount of pressure to pick up product, but I find it picks up just enough and not too much which is good because it's easy to over-do some of these bright colors. Sometimes I squeeze the head of the brush to make it even more dense if I want to pick up even more color. Maybe not the most elegant solution but it works...and it's cheap!
Haha! That's great! Thank you for the advice. I have that brush so I am definitely going to give it a go! It hasn't worked with any of my fluffier/traditional blush brushes or contour brushes so I'm on board a cheaper alternative than the special NARS brush!

Latest posts