NARS Fall 2013

MACina

iagree.gif
....me too!

Thank you for sharing, Richelle!

T has swatches! http://www.temptalia.com/sneak-peek-nars-fall-2013-collection-photos-swatches

A little disappointed in the lipsticks but I will still get La Paz for sure.

elkaknits

I noticed she gave paimpol lower marks than mysterious red and going by what she wrote it is due to being 'unflattering' Alas I find it much more flattering on her than the red. I think it may have even muscled out the MR but I am going to wait for Vampy Varnish or Karen or thebeautylookbook or cafe makeup gals to review. For some reason T's reviews rarely do it for me.

MarieMary

Whether or not a product is flattering on her shouldn't have an incidence on the mark she gives imho because it's an entirely subjective criterion.
As for eyeshadow swatches, I've learned not to reject an eyeshadow based on swatches only, because some look meh on my hand applied with my finger, but they look great on my eyelid applied with a brush.

I really like Kamchatka.

Shadowy Lady

both palettes are beautiful but Kiss the Fairy is more "me" so that;s the one I will get. It will be my back to work present to myself :D

I'm not too sure how I feel about the shimmer in the matte lipsticks, Lap Paz is still nice though. I know for sure Peloponnese won't work on me. I like unique shade like that but based on many trial and error I just know that's not a shade I can wear. Oh ya and Im still getting Mysterious Red no matter how many red lipsticks I have. I think Nars does red lipsticks better than any other brand (well maybe they tie with Chanel hehe)

elegant-one

both palettes are beautiful but Kiss the Fairy is more "me" so that;s the one I will get. It will be my back to work present to myself :D

I'm not too sure how I feel about the shimmer in the matte lipsticks, Lap Paz is still nice though. I know for sure Peloponnese won't work on me. I like unique shade like that but based on many trial and error I just know that's not a shade I can wear. Oh ya and Im still getting Mysterious Red no matter how many red lipsticks I have. I think Nars does red lipsticks better than any other brand (well maybe they tie with Chanel hehe)
You better get Mysterious Red babe - it was made for you! It reminds me just a little bit of Chanels Amant ls. I will be getting MR too.

Liz2012

Oh my what a beautiful fall collection
eyelove.gif
I don't own any NARS yet (i know, shame on me lol), but this collection will definitely change that! They don't sell NARS here in Belgium, but apparently i can order on the NARS website. I really want La Paz, Mysterious Red, both nail polishes and the Fairy's Kiss palette. Yeah, the upcoming fall collections will definitely leave me broke lol.

Dominique33

Oh my what a beautiful fall collection
eyelove.gif
I don't own any NARS yet (i know, shame on me lol), but this collection will definitely change that! They don't sell NARS here in Belgium, but apparently i can order on the NARS website. I really want La Paz, Mysterious Red, both nail polishes and the Fairy's Kiss palette. Yeah, the upcoming fall collections will definitely leave me broke lol.
Nars is a beautiful brand, I think you will love their products ! Oh yes
girlhaha.gif
the upcoming Fall collec. will leave you us broke ( but fortunately some of them are not must-haves and I'll pass ! ) Nars has very good textures on the whole, nail polishes are great and long-wearing, classy too, mono eyeshadows well it depends ( avoid Daphné or Outremer which are difficult to work out ) but those ones look really pretty, easy to wear too. I love the matte lip pencil too, I have one it's very very matte ( lip balm required before/after ) but pigments are to die for, and the satin lip pencils are truly must-haves.

Liz2012

Nars is a beautiful brand, I think you will love their products ! Oh yes
girlhaha.gif
the upcoming Fall collec. will leave you us broke ( but fortunately some of them are not must-haves and I'll pass ! ) Nars has very good textures on the whole, nail polishes are great and long-wearing, classy too, mono eyeshadows well it depends ( avoid Daphné or Outremer which are difficult to work out ) but those ones look really pretty, easy to wear too. I love the matte lip pencil too, I have one it's very very matte ( lip balm required before/after ) but pigments are to die for, and the satin lip pencils are truly must-haves.
Thanks Dominique for the tips on the products, very helpful!
bouquet.gif
NARS sure looks like a wonderful brand, can't wait to try it :) And as for the fall collections (MAC, Dior, Chanel, Guerlain, NARS, ..) we're just doomed i guess lol
thud.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm so confused... There's always a difference between her and T in terms of how colours look on their skin (Karen is darker and the warmth in her skin has a bit more brown/ olive to it), but even if you leave aside the fact that they look more pigmented on Karen's skin, the shades look completely different. In fact, they all look quite a bit pinker, which you'd think would be the opposite of what would happen. Kamchatka looks stunning in her swatch. Although it looked a bit sheer in T's swatch, I really love Namibia. I'd actually love to try both of those with Euphrate from the Summer collection.

Among the lipsticks, I'm definitely interested in MR and I have to admit that I don't have anything like La Paz. My only concern with the latter is that T mentions it being drier than the usual formula. Drying formulas of any sort strike fear in me because my office is such a desert wasteland. (Second weird confession: I don't own a single one of Nars matte velvet lip pencils or Pure Matte lipsticks, despite the fact that I find their regular semi-matte formula very easy on the lips.)

Aquamarine1543

Am I the only person who thinks Namibia is grey with a hint of "violet/bluish"?
I can see there's bluish-violet undertone, but no one mentioned it on their reviews, so that's why I'm wondering.