Nars..is it worth the price.

Artemis

I have been looking alot at Nars recently. Sadly, I can only get it from Nordstrom. I like the color selection and everyone(especially MUAs) rave about it. The thing that has stopped me from purchasing one Nars item as the huge freakin price tag attached. I use to think MAC was pricy but Nars is just a weeny bit cheaper than Chanel and Dior.

But is it worth the price...and the products that good.

Janice

The blush, pencils, lipsticks, and laquers IMO are worth the price, just be uber selective about what you purchase.
smiles.gif

emilyjoy

The only NARS product I have is the blush in orgasm. It's wonderful. It has the perfect amount of glitter to brighten up your face, but not look like a teeny bopper and it got its name for a reason. It gives you like an aftersex glow lol.

But anyway. It was worth it. I'm thinking of buying the Angelika blush as well.

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
The blush, pencils, lipsticks, and laquers IMO are worth the price, just be uber selective about what you purchase.
smiles.gif

I agree with everyone. I find their blush has much better staying power than MAC. Be careful with the shadows, they don't all have the same colour payoff, so it's a hit and miss. I recommend checking out reviews on MUA...I only have three NARS products and I LOVE them - they go into my "special traincase"
rofl.gif

Hawkeye

Honestly, I don't usually push this but I would say hit ebay first for a nice color selection and cheaper eyeshadows. Usually you can get the eyeshadows for $10 and the blushes for $20.

But is NARS worth it? HECK YEAH. The blushes especially.

jenii

I've got quite a few NARS products of all kinds (but not nearly enough to make me happy! I want more!!!), and every single thing I have was ABSOLUTELY worth the pricetag. I have e/s duos, lipsticks (omg, they make the best lipsticks!), blushes, lip glosses, and lip pencils, and they are all so great. I reach for my NARS stuff more than anything else. The Tokyo e/s duo is my HG for everyday neutral looks.

Jess-ee-ka

Blushes (I have Sin, Orgasm, Crazed, Penny Lane, and Angelika) and Laguna Bronzer are completely worth the money you spend. Absolutely amazing. I have tried some of the eyeshadows (wasn't a fan of the creme shadows) and some of the lipglosses (pretty good but I'll stick with my MAC on that).

TM26

I own orgasm blush and lipgloss plus moonfleet lipgloss. I love nars. The blush is beyond fantastic and imho everyone should own moonfleet. IT makes your lips super shiny and glossy. I prefer nars blushes to Mac so far. I just wish I was able to purchase nars here. Anyway it is worth checking out
smiles.gif

elisha24

I love love love NARS... almost more then MAC... almost.
Unfortunately we pay double the US prices here in Oz
ssad.gif
Thank god for ebay.

mallory

I like everything except their eyeshadow duos. They don't have much pigment for me. I stick with MAC for shadows.

ellesea

I find the Nars eyeshadows to be much more pigmented and vibrant than MAC shadows. For me, their blush, eyeshadows, and lipglosses are absolutely worth the money.

iamheartcore

I've tried the blush in ORGASM, it was 'okay.' IMO, it wasn't as 'great' as people hyped it to be...perhaps maybe it looks weird on my skin. I usually wear the blush and add more highlight above my cheekbones and put more into contouring my cheeks.

I bought the creme e/s, wasn't too fond of it. It really looked nice as I put a tester on my hand, but as I wore it, I didn't like it. I actually returned it today.

As far as the price, in my opinion, I'd be VERY selective about it. I'm a devoted MAC fan and really scared to buy products 3x's the price that I would pay at MAC. But that's just me
smiles.gif

Latest posts