Nars..is it worth the price.

honeyjr

The only Nars product I have is the Night Porter eyeshadow. It is the best dark green eyeshadow I've ever seen. I also use it as a liner. I was just in Sephora earlier and swiped a couple of them on the back of my hand and I had to force myself to walk away lol
eyelove.gif
They really do have some exceptional eyeshadows, 'some' being the operative word. You just have to be selective and test test test!
They are just soooo expensive but I can't seem to get them out of my mind
th_drool.gif

For me, the blushes, multiples and some of the lipglosses are worth it. I have a bunch of them and love them! There are only a few e/s duos that I really like, but their e/s are really hit or miss. The e/s and lipsticks are really overpriced in my opinion. The lipstick formulation is too drying for my taste although they have some nice colours.

melliquor

Their blushes and eyeshadows are worth it. I love their eyeshadows. I only have 4 duos but they are fantastic.

Kuuipo

I will only wear NARS foundation. It never streaks, its eactly the same color as my skin,it doesn't cause blemishes. The powder does not collect in wrinkles. I have a good three dozen shadow duos because they stay on through sixteen hour work shifts. Their blushes are amazing,their lipstick stays on all day,and I have fun with the multiples. I am totally addicted because NARS delivers, and it is so layerable! Most makeups I buy I find too many flaws-including MAC. I have never been dissapointed by NARS. They keep their campaigns small,and you have to search to find a NARS dealer,but like a drug, once you are really into their product, you are really into it. I am not talking about the people who try Orgasm-I found that to be their most dissapointing shade-its so safe,pale and ordinary. NARS products are not for just applying right out of the package,they are for layering,glazing,and building up. Powders over creams-and no matter how many layers-they don't clump or coagulate or look thick.

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyjr
The only Nars product I have is the Night Porter eyeshadow. It is the best dark green eyeshadow I've ever seen. I also use it as a liner. I was just in Sephora earlier and swiped a couple of them on the back of my hand and I had to force myself to walk away lol
eyelove.gif
They really do have some exceptional eyeshadows, 'some' being the operative word. You just have to be selective and test test test!
They are just soooo expensive but I can't seem to get them out of my mind
th_drool.gif

I put that shade on my friend when we went to Sephora a couple days ago and the fallout was horrendous. Shame too, cause it is really a pretty color.

I'm not sure if it's worth the price, but damnit if those blushes are the bomb. I really dig the Alabratross powder too.

PRiNCiPESSAx4

i adore nars! i have orgasm blush, orgasm lip gloss, and laguna bronzer. i completely agree with everyone else, the color payoff is amazing! i wore both the blush&lip gloss all night on new years eve, and only had to reapply my gloss once all night, even after eating and drinking! while of course the shine had worn away after i ate and such, it still left me with a lovely golden sheen. i bought these three in a set right after christmas from sephora. i definitely agree, it is worth the money - just test it out first if you can!

Britikitty

Currently I only have lip items from Nars (sheer lipstick, matte lip pencil, lip lacquer), and they are the best lip products I own.

So, yes, they are worth the price.
winks.gif

I've been wearing my Flaming Dust lipstick almost constantly since I bought it a few weeks ago and I've barely made a dent. A little goes a long way, and the staying power is phenomenal. I do love my MAC lipsticks but they tend to be eaten and drunk off (you know what I mean, I'm sure) whereas my Nars stays put through most of the day with only a minor touch up. When I was trying the Nars products at Sephora, a lot of women started complimenting me, and my friends all wanted to know what product I was wearing.

I've yet to try their other products but the 'orgasm' blush is calling to me.

MAKExMExUP

oo yes yes, NARS is very much worth the price! Wonderfully pigmented blushes that last all day! I LOVE NARS

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
I put that shade on my friend when we went to Sephora a couple days ago and the fallout was horrendous. Shame too, cause it is really a pretty color.

I'm not sure if it's worth the price, but damnit if those blushes are the bomb. I really dig the Alabratross powder too.

if you apply over a primer or a cream e/s with a damp brush, there is no fall out

MACattac

Would anyone agree that NARS is, "a luxury line similar to MAC"? aka a higher priced MAC? I hear this all the time and would like to know if this is true.(especially since i find MAC to be expensive at times!)

glamqueen1

I have one single eyeshadow and one duo, and I have to agree with everyone about the colour-payoff and how flattering and usable the colours turned out to be.
Not to forget, the amount of shadow in the package is also larger, 0.07 Oz. (2.2g) in a Nars shadow, to compare with 0.05 Oz (1.5g) in a MAC shadow! If you add the fact that the Nars shadow is heavily pigmented, so that you need less and it will also stay longer
hmm.gif
technically, you can definitely say that Nars is worth the
price!
wavey.gif

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daughterof9moon
Sorry... no offense but I think that NARS more of a luxury line than MAC...

i agree i feel like NARs is more high end than MAC.

captodometer

NARS blushes are worth the price; the eyeshadows are incredibly overpriced for what they do. Haven't tried any of the other products.

Lorelai

Wow! So many people are raving over how great NARS blushes are that I may just purchase one myself this week... though I've never worn blush so it will be an interesting learning experience.
lol.gif

My first purchase in Sephora was a NARS Artist Palette. While I cannot vouch for their blushes, the provided lipsticks were wonderful (a nice creamy texture with staying power!) NARS lipstick is definitely worth the price. The eyeshadows included were great to build upon, and though I never had a problem with fallout, I agree with all those saying NARS shadows are a "hit and miss".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACattac
Would anyone agree that NARS is, "a luxury line similar to MAC"? aka a higher priced MAC?

I always beleived NARS to be a higher end luxury line than MAC. Then again, I place MAC in a group all their own.

8)

j_absinthe

I was actually about the make a thread asking about the price of NARS, but I figure you ladies are already on the ball, so I'll ask my question here:

Would you say the Multiple is worth the hefty price?

Beauty Mark

Nars and other brands like it (Vincent Longo, the Kevyn Aucoin line, Dior) are more higher end than MAC. That doesn't mean MAC doesn't have good stuff going for it, but I think Nars is catering towards a different customer than MAC is.

Lipglass*Lover*

*~*I think it's worth the money...I have only tried the lip glosses & I love Nars glosses more than any other brand!!!! Stila & MAC are a close second.*~*

Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
I was actually about the make a thread asking about the price of NARS, but I figure you ladies are already on the ball, so I'll ask my question here:

Would you say the Multiple is worth the hefty price?

If you're big into blush, NARS: The Multiple is well worth the price. I purchased the multi-purpose stick in Copacabana a week ago after receiving a make over at Sephora, but have hardly used it because I'm not a big fan of blush (If anything, I use it more as a lipstick).

Most of The Multiple shades appear darker in the tube, but they go on very sheer making it easy to build upon. The consistency blends quite nicely when applied with a light hand (a little goes a long way for fair skin tones like myself) to the apples of the cheeks; the result was a nice dewy/shimmery look. This particular shade of pink looked lovely on my lips, but left them feeling very dry once it turned from a cream consistency to a powder. A little clear lip gloss or balm fixes this immediately so be sure to use it when apply The Multiple to your lips. I had no trouble using the stick as an eyeshadow either.

Would I purchase this product again? Probably not. One multiple stick is enough for me and will last a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Nars and other brands like it (Vincent Longo, the Kevyn Aucoin line, Dior) are more higher end than MAC. That doesn't mean MAC doesn't have good stuff going for it, but I think Nars is catering towards a different customer than MAC is.

Exactly!

8)