Nars..is it worth the price.

MACa6325xi

Blushes are beautiful as well as the eyeshadows and a few of the lipsticks. I think if you like it and don't mind spending the money, it's worth it. Who said beauty was "cheap."

i agree, nars is my "splurge worthy" choice.
smiles.gif
mac is like my "affordable" choice... but ohhhh i love me some mac!

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
I was actually about the make a thread asking about the price of NARS, but I figure you ladies are already on the ball, so I'll ask my question here:

Would you say the Multiple is worth the hefty price?

i love my multiples. you get a huge tube and they can be used as blush/bronzer (dep which shade you get), or for eyes and lips.

in the summer i used my south beach every day for my cheeks and hardly even made a dent in it (not even to the little line that is a 1/8 - 1/4 inch down)

Kuuipo

This week at Neiman Marcus (no, I don't work for them!( with 100. purchase of NARS, you get the big bottle of bodywash (Which is heavenly,might I add) as a gift with purchase. It's not a sample,its the 38 buck variety...so,if you are going for new stuff,its a good time to buy!

shanidy

I have to say yes!!! I love the blushes and would pay even more to get the great color selection and nice pigmentation!

DirtyPlum

Nars is more 'high end' than mac in terms of packaging and perhaps quantity. I dont think the quality is is more high end, however.

Both are equal to me in terms of colour payoff and texture and I think MAC offers the pro MUA a bit more flexibility and creativity than Nars.

I think Nars excels in blushers and lip stains, but could improve their lipstick staying power/pigmentation and the taste of their lipglosses (I'll stick to MAC for lips). Their eyeshadows are great too, but MAC's seem more blendable to me.

So I would say, their blushers and eyeshadows are worth the price. I only buy must-haves from them for that reason...

kimmae17

in my opinion nars is worth every penny.. I have TONS of nars items and use them constantly. they last forever, and i have never had a product "go bad" -change consistency, or smell. i have some eyeshadows for almost 8 years and they still wear exactly the same as they did then.

shyste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDirrty
I don't know about the other products, but I think thier foundation is just too heavy. I did not like it at all. I could feel it on my face and I hate when makeup does that.

I agree..I def did not like the foundation...doesn't compare to my MAC at all...I purchased albatross and LOVE IT!!! I bought a couple duos..JOlie Poupee which I love but not to hyped about Sugarland...gonna five it another try though..

If you have extra to spend and want to then NARS may be ok..but I would rather spend mine trying MUFE..than NARS & def will stick to MAC...

Lissa

How does Nars compare to Mac in terms of staying power? I have a few Mac blushes but they do not last more than an hour on me
ssad.gif
I read everywhere that Nars blushes have great staying power, is this true?

Ikara

I have three matte blushes, (my combo skin doesn't like shinny stuff) Amour is my go-to blush <3 Love love love the colors and they do last all day, but can't see much difference from my MUFE blushes in terms of pigmentation and lasting...
3 lipsticks I recently hauled, just could play with a satin one (christina
drools.gif
) and I must say it's worth every penny (and they are more expensive in Europe). It did not dry out my lips. Have to try the matte and the sheer, but so far I like it more than my mac's

I also hauled 2 lip glosses and they are lovely too.

It does really worth the money but with these prices who knows when I'm going to haul again!

MissResha

i think their eyeshadows and blushes are definitely worth the price. a little goes a looong way, so you definitely get your moneys worth.

their lipsticks however, i do not feel are worth the price. i'm not a huge fan of them for the price. they ARE nice, but they're just like any other lipstick. you're not getting anything extra special, you're just paying for the name.

Bernadette120

the blushes are worth the price!!! i love the lipsticks too but have not had as much luck with their eyeshadows. after an hour i feel like you look like you've had it on for two days!

Beauty Mark

I'm a fan of the lipsticks. I feel like they do have a great staying power and are highly pigmented.

The blushes, yes. They stay well and have great pigmentation.

I was not impressed with the Night series eyeshadows. They just look black on me, honestly. I'm retrying the one duo I have today, because I don't remember it staying well. Then again, I think I wore it when my allergies were at a bad peak

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj
I luv NARS blushes and glosses. NARS members have 20% discount during birthday month, so I always break my account on my birthday.

How do you become a NARS member? Is it free? I wanna start getting into NARS

gardenteaparty

So far I've tried eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks and lipstains and can say they are worth every cent. The shadows are super pigmented and hence they last a lot! the lippies are by far the best I've tried, I prefer them more than mac, and the lasting power of the blushes is amazing. The only downside in comparision to mac, in my opinion is the smaller colour selection.

Sabrunka

I have three glosses and a blush by NARS and I believe it's worth the money!! The lipglosses are perfect and look great on the lips, and aren't sticky at all! The blush is great too (super orgasm) gives a nice peachy glow to the face!

Septemba

I love NARS and really enjoy their blushes. They are very high quality, but at $60 for a blush in Oz it hurts!!

Macnarsandlove

I really love nars so...

Here's a breakdown:

es singles- $22 can be pricey but shadows like cairo and biarritz are good everyday neutral colors. all of the night series shadows cn be used wet as a liner and create nice smoky eyes.

duos- most of these are good value. the colors are awesome and blend well. cheyenne, blade runner, and cleo are very unique colors. I have yet to see a mac dupe for any of these colors.

lipsticks- if u are looking for a bold red or berry I would spend the $. roman holiday is that great blue pink color in a sheer wearable shade. honolulu honey is a good nude color for woc.

liners- fantasia is a nice unique peacy color that brightens any color. i would try drugstore or mac for the rest, they are $20.

liquid liners- stay away! these we 1/2 ass dc'ed and any ones u see have been on the counter for a while.

glosses- great color range and textures are nice. no flavor is added. my fav gloss by far. mac vanilla can get make me sick.

if u can find pallettes they are def woth it.

creme shadows- these are meant to be used with a base. udpp works the best. i would save $ but zardoz (matte black) is the exception.

bronzers- both are worth it. laguna is the best one out.

liquid foundations
balanced/oil free- most are good. budapest is very yellow and isnt great for most ppl in that range. darkers shades are VERY tricky. Jamaica can turn green, sedona is ok but can be too pink/red.

firming foundation- this is really horrible. with a $50 price tag cause it contains a treatment in which u should she results in 8 weeks its another miss. it peels when blended. the pump gets clogged by the thicker formula really bad. the bottle is heavy and opaque so u have to do the "how much do I have left" game. just avoid it.

dont bother with the mascara, glitter pencils, or sparkling powders.

Blush- its the best for a reason. I have yet to finsh one and I have had mine for yrs ( which is kinda gross, I know). the colors are great.

multiples- at $37 this is expensive but if u get a shade like south beach or coppacabana u can ready get the multi use purpose. i berry color like cannes not so much ( as a es)

HTH!!

**forgot to add- all the collections that come out go right to perm. it takes a while for anything to be completely dc'ed which is great. You can check the site for the item under "vintage" for anything that is being phased out.