NARS "New Wave and "American Dream" Eyeshadow Palettes

MarieMary

For those not in the US, the french customer service told me that these will be available in August (on nars.fr, in Le Printemps and Le Bon Marché NARS corners in Paris). In all likelihood those will be available in Europe around the same time. :)

WhatWouldJoanDo

I have half of the New Wave palette, but that American Dream one is oh so gorgeous as well in a very different way. ... A first for me: I bought the palette I want as a gift for someone else as I have enough NARS to keep me happy for a long while still.

Monsy

they are at saks you can see links above. Also my friend is NARS MUA at macys and they also received these.

MarieMary

I thought I saw these at Saks last week. Are you sure it's a Nordstrom exclusive?
Please read the first message of this topic. :)
They were first sold at a NARS event at Nordstrom (and thought to be exclusive to the event and to that store), and only a little later they were sold in Saks etc...
Unfortunately I can't modify the title of this topic to reflect that, so now the title is misleading.

DILLIGAF

I'm going to have my hands on the New Wave pallet buy week's end. I'm hitting up Nordstrom's tomorrow!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got to see both palettes and they are very nice. I'm drawn to the neutral one, because Nars does such stunningly beautiful neutrals and surprisingly, I don't have any of the ones in the palette.

Monsy

i really like the neutral one but i already have 4 out of 6 shades. although it would be great for travel

DILLIGAF

i really like the neutral one but i already have 4 out of 6 shades. although it would be great for travel
To tell you the truth most of my palettes have repeated shadows in them. NARS, MAC and others for the very reason you mentioned. Palettes are just so much more convenient to travel with.

Haven

I ordered the American Dream palette from Saks. The colors are perfect for my everyday look.

I was also considering the New Wave palette. I rarely wear those colors, however, so I couldn't justify the purchase right now. If I end up being able to swatch New Wave in person, however, I may change my mind about it.

The neutral one is gorgeous! I think I'm gonna order it
eyelove.gif
The New Wave is nice too, except for the blue and the yellow/green colors, I really don't like those two. But the 4 others are really pretty... I don't know if it is reasonable to buy this one too for 4 shades only
th_wallbash.gif
?

MarieMary

The New Wave is nice too, except for the blue and the yellow/green colors, I really don't like those two. But the 4 others are really pretty... I don't know if it is reasonable to buy this one too for 4 shades only
th_wallbash.gif
?
I have the chartreuse shade (part of the Rated R duo), and it's nice an intensely pigmented color. I think you can layer it over the blue for a greener shade. But maybe you don't like green-tinged blue either. :p The swatcher for the New Wave palette made sure she got the most intensity out of the palette, by using a thicker layer of primer than usual, and by using the colors wet. I think it would not be as intense with just a primer and a dry brush.

I have the chartreuse shade (part of the Rated R duo), and it's nice an intensely pigmented color. I think you can layer it over the blue for a greener shade. But maybe you don't like green-tinged blue either. :p The swatcher for the New Wave palette made sure she got the most intensity out of the palette, by using a thicker layer of primer than usual, and by using the colors wet. I think it would not be as intense with just a primer and a dry brush.
I don't
girlhaha.gif
that's why I don't know if I'm gonna buy this palette. The mauve and the lavender ones are gorgeous though! And the black one seems to be pretty pigmented too!

bis

Btw, those two palettes are up at hqhair.com , they also have a promo going on that if you buy two NARS products, you get a mini gloss pencil for free.

Haven

th_wallbash.gif
?
I am right there with you! I don't think that I will use the New Wave palette enough to justify purchase, but I don't want to have skipper's remorse.
th_wallbash.gif

I got the neutral palette yesterday. It is gorgeous!