NARS "New Wave and "American Dream" Eyeshadow Palettes

Audrey C

:) I think that one was Alhambra (top row, middle), which I have and find beautiful too. It's a duo, and both shades in the duo are pretty neutrals.

Also, I expect that some of these NARS shadows work best using a patting motion with the brush, versus sweeping which can cause the pigment and shimmer to deposit where you don't want it to.
Thanks - I'll check out that duo. :)

I do generally apply shadows by patting them on (other than in the crease). I didn't mean that I'd experienced fallout with the shades; the glitter had spread all over the display palette itself.

michelle79

I did some swatches today at Sephora. For reference my skin is about a NC42-43 (I don't wear MAC foundations). I wear MUFE HD in 155 & G. Armani LSF in #9:

American Dream - Sorry about the lighting in this one. As you can see most of the colors have specks of glitter:

New Wave - I found this one to be very chalky & hard to swatch. I had to do hard swatches for it to show up:

MarieMary

What are the shades in New Wave? All regular shadows I guess. I hate that .
Pandora I, Jolie Poupée I, Rated R I, Outremer, Pandora II, Daphne.

Quote: Originally Posted by michelle79

New Wave - I found this one to be very chalky & hard to swatch. I had to do hard swatches for it to show up:

Those matte colors swatch horribly with fingers. But if you use a brush to put them on your eye, they apply beautifully. They're also more intense in color if you use them wet. :)

WhatWouldJoanDo

Pandora I, Jolie Poupée I, Rated R I, Outremer, Pandora II, Daphne.

Those matte colors swatch horribly with fingers. But if you use a brush to put them on your eye, they apply beautifully. They're also more intense in color if you use them wet. :)
Agreed. Swatches should be made the same way you plan on applying them to your face, otherwise it's useless information (lots of shadows with a little glitter add brightness/luminescence and aren't truly glittery on the eyes). These matte colours are indeed gorgeous when applied on the eyes with a brush, even more so with a nice eyeshadow base.

Monsy

Unfortunately i forgot to check for the price. I was digging through the pile of new wave trying to find american dream but there wasn't any

xlisaa

Unfortunately i forgot to check for the price. I was digging through the pile of new wave trying to find american dream but there wasn't any
It's like, $40. I saw it over a month ago, but they're all sold out now. No American Dream though, all New Wave!