NARS "New Wave and "American Dream" Eyeshadow Palettes

katred

Specktra Bestie
I am right there with you! I don't think that I will use the New Wave palette enough to justify purchase, but I don't want to have skipper's remorse.
th_wallbash.gif

I got the neutral palette yesterday. It is gorgeous!
Keep in mind, they're permanent colours, so you'll have the opportunity to buy them separately if you want, rather than in one fell swoop. These palettes are great if you want a deal on a bunch of colours at once, but it's always good to compare to the option of buying them on their own.

DILLIGAF

I got the New Wave palette from Nordstrom's on the 1st of August. I've already used it twice. I'm a sucker for bright colors.

Audrey C

I went to the Bay yesterday to check these out. The neutral palette is very glittery - I think three of the shades had chunky glitter. That made it a non-starter for me. I like the bold palette, but I'm not sure I'd wear the colours so I decided to pass.

michelle79

I saw the American Dream palette at Sephora. I think it's beautiful but I have most of those colors already.

Audrey C

The description of the palette is shimmery ... I don't find them chunky or glittery. a glittery pigment to me is sugarland :)
It seemed glittery to me - you know when the shadow sheds glitter and it spreads beyond the shadow itself onto the surrounding area? Yeah, that. I did love the gold shade (middle top row, if I remember correctly). That one was shimmery but had no loose glitter. I may get that one on its own, but I'm not sure what it's called.

I'm in my 40s so I don't do glitter anymore; I near drowned in it during the 80s but it's no longer a good look for me.

DILLIGAF

It seemed glittery to me - you know when the shadow sheds glitter and it spreads beyond the shadow itself onto the surrounding area? Yeah, that. I did love the gold shade (middle top row, if I remember correctly). That one was shimmery but had no loose glitter. I may get that one on its own, but I'm not sure what it's called.

I'm in my 40s so I don't do glitter anymore; I near drowned in it during the 80s but it's no longer a good look for me.
The color you're referencing I think is Galapagos. It was my 1st NARS shadow ever. The glitter does not get out of control. That said I'm passing on the American Dream palette. I need another neutral palette like I need another something else I don't really need. lol

WhatWouldJoanDo

I did love the gold shade (middle top row, if I remember correctly). That one was shimmery but had no loose glitter. I may get that one on its own, but I'm not sure what it's called.

:) I think that one was Alhambra (top row, middle), which I have and find beautiful too. It's a duo, and both shades in the duo are pretty neutrals.

Also, I expect that some of these NARS shadows work best using a patting motion with the brush, versus sweeping which can cause the pigment and shimmer to deposit where you don't want it to.

califabulous

I thought i saw these on the nars website at least 2 weeks ago. I recently purchased the pleasures of Paris palette, which is my first nars e/s ever! Love it and so glad I got it. But it took me forever to decide to buy it! now with these new palettes...omg...I want the new wave palette only because of this thread! lol so easily influenced
girlhaha.gif