NARSissist Eye Palette

ladymeag

Quote: Originally Posted by Eliz4 I don't think the pale shades will show on me and I have my heart set on the cheek palette. What to do, what to do...

I just wanted to point out that those are .08 ounce pans - the size of the "mini" Orgasm/Laguna duo is .17 ounces (I'm assuming combined, so roughly 8.5 each) and the regular Orgasm/Laguna duo is .35 ounces (I'm still assuming combined, so that's roughly .175 ounces each) and a full-size NARS bronzer is .28 ounces. This set comes with the brush but it's noted as a "travel size" brush - for a size reference, I'm guessing.

Given than that mini duo (same size pans, I'm guessing) is $24 and a regular blush (the highlighter shade can be replaced with a light highlighter blush) at full size is $29 at twice the size, I'm not entirely certain that $49 for this is a good deal unless you really want that travel brush or the portability of he small palette.

Some product links with sizes and prices:
http://www.sephora.com/the-narsissist-cheek-kit-P384866?skuId=1577501

http://www.sephora.com/blush-bronzer-duo-P104006?skuId=832642

http://www.sephora.com/blush-P2855?skuId=248930

http://www.sephora.com/bronzing-powder-P12790?skuId=537878

Now I'm curious about the shadow pans and prices.

Monsy

another orgasm laguna palette... what's wrong with them seriously? why does every palette have to have these two shades? by now every single girl in the world already has them, why keep putting them in palettes still? i mean they sell anyway on it's own too

Jazibellaera

It's purchasable now on Nars website!
Yay!
nanaparty.gif

pinkpaint

another orgasm laguna palette... what's wrong with them seriously? why does every palette have to have these two shades? by now every single girl in the world already has them, why keep putting them in palettes still? i mean they sell anyway on it's own too
I would love to buy a blush palette, since they're a great value, but they all have Laguna and Orgasm. I don't want either one. Hope they release some palettes with less popular shades. Or at least Devotee as a single blush. I didn't realize how pretty it was.

califabulous

Nordies allowed an over the phone pre-sale but I had to ask for it. It will be avail on the 16th for pick up
pompom.gif

Oh yea, I added final cut and love blush-just in case I love the shades. I hope i don't add a satin lip pencil....
girlhaha.gif

Still no sign of this on the UK or EU sites! I can't wait to get it ordered!!! I'm kind of glad the blush palette is just a subset of the Guy Bourdin one as it means i'm not tempted!

califabulous

I only have coconut grove, should I get it?
Yes! I have at least 3 of the shades but in other palettes. But there are so many shades here that I don't have to worry about buying a bunch of singles or duos to get the colors I want. I think it's a great buy if you love nars or just starting a collection. Plus they are necessary neutrals you can't go wrong!

cocodivatime

Can someone show the NARSissist palette next to another NARS eye shadow palette or full sized shadow? Just trying to get an idea of how large or small the shades are

Dizzymoo

Hi everyone.

I've been reading for ages but never posted before

I really like the look of this. I've been wanting to add Lhasa, Meekong and Coconut Grove to my stash, but was wondering if the quality of the palette shades is the same as the singles?

The only other Nars shadows I owned was a Cleo duo a few years ago and I wasn't overly impressed. I also didn't care much for Orgasm blusher and kind of went off the brand after that.

I really liked Laguna bronzer and the Meekong single when I swatched at the counter and it re-awakened my interest.

So...if anyone who already has the palette could give me an idea if they are the same or if I should just get the singles of the few that I really want?

Monsy

duos can be hit or a miss
they are not all the same quality
i have a lot of them and two singles and overall they are great. maybe i have two duos that are not as good as the others

alyxo

I agree, it's really annoying!!

CarlaSouza

Gosh, I wish I knew somebody who lived in the US to buy the eyeshadow pallete and send it to me. I want it soooo bad! :(

sayalin

When you guys called Nordstrom did you get a free full sized gift as pre sale? My counter is doing that!

califabulous

When you guys called Nordstrom did you get a free full sized gift as pre sale? My counter is doing that!
Ummmm no? What gift? A nars product? The SA never even called me back?! I'll be calling nordstrom shortly to confirm my pre-sale. I'm planning to pick it up his morning.