NARSissist Eye Palette

cindypltnm81

Went to Nordstrom last night to return a MAC product and couldn't help but to mosey on over to the Nars counter lol. I asked the MA about the palette, she went to check if they had it in yet, and she went ahead and let me buy it! Very nice of her. I haven't even swatched it yet. I just keep pulling it out the box to look at it lol. I'll try to do some daylight swatches when I get home later. Seeing it in person, I think it's a nice size. I prefer it be compact than taking up all my drawer space. I was a bit worried that the lightest colors may be too light but I don't think they will be. The colors are all so cohesive and this is the kind of palette you could travel with and not need to take any other shadows. Cool looks, warm looks, daytime, or nighttime, they're all there. With many of the other palettes that have come out, there's always a few colors that I feel like I wouldn't use, but with this I think I will get my money's worth. Also, the MA mentioned that they didn't get many of these at all, so I wouldn't wait too long to grab one. Of course, Nars LE releases aren't like MAC's or anything, but I could see this going quickly.
So, jealous!! lol I'm sure you're in love with it. Too bad they could not give a definitive answer on the release date. Is it exclusive to nordstrom?

GlamMomAngel

The irony of it all! They release sneak pics and then leave us waiting...
exactly!!! it's annoying
thud.gif

alyxo

I don't know why but this palette reminds me of the first Naked palette... But then again, I haven't seen close ups on the colours.

Eliz4

the person I am chatting with just said he cant tell me the exact date, but keep my eyes open because I may see it sometime this week!
First of all... hello!
newhere.gif
but I've been reading you all for quite a while now ^^

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the rumors in Europe say it will be available the 20th January
graucho.gif

The Edge of Pink sold out in about 4 hours! With this palette won't be any different I guess...

cindypltnm81

First of all... hello! :new: but I've been reading you all for quite a while now ^^ Anyway, I just wanted to say that the rumors in Europe say it will be available the 20th January :naughty: The Edge of Pink sold out in about 4 hours! With this palette won't be any different I guess...
:welcome2: Well I plan to get my palette as soon as it is available. lol

LavenderPearl

Ughhh, damn it, I knew I should have activated my new card today. D; It doesn't say that it's a Nordstrom Exclusive, though... I would love if it came to Sephora, as I have 10% off, store credit, and gift cards to use.

pinkpaint

Glad you ladies are able to order it! So I just finished swatching and playing with it the first time. I apologize in advance if the pics aren't the best but I'm just using my phone. Hope it still helps someone.

Then, I did an eye look using Constructivist Paint Pot as my base, Ashes to Ashes all over the lid, Bali in the crease, Pandora in the outer v, and Madrague II to blend it out. Pictures don't do this justice. It's so pretty! Sorry for the close-up but it shows the color best (and my shininess lol). Also, can't wait to try these colors over It's Physical Fluidline!

cindypltnm81

Glad you ladies are able to order it! So I just finished swatching and playing with it the first time. I apologize in advance if the pics aren't the best but I'm just using my phone. Hope it still helps someone. Then, I did an eye look using Constructivist Paint Pot as my base, Ashes to Ashes all over the lid, Bali in the crease, Pandora in the outer v, and Madrague II to blend it out. Pictures don't do this justice. It's so pretty! Sorry for the close-up but it shows the color best (and my shininess lol). Also, can't wait to try these colors over It's Physical Fluidline! You are so beautiful and those colors are popping honey! I ordered my palette and cannot wait to play with mine. Hmmm...constructivist with ashes to ashes sounds like a great pair. I have both alrdy, will try this tomm!

FrizzyKab

Glad you ladies are able to order it! So I just finished swatching and playing with it the first time. I apologize in advance if the pics aren't the best but I'm just using my phone. Hope it still helps someone. Then, I did an eye look using Constructivist Paint Pot as my base, Ashes to Ashes all over the lid, Bali in the crease, Pandora in the outer v, and Madrague II to blend it out. Pictures don't do this justice. It's so pretty! Sorry for the close-up but it shows the color best (and my shininess lol). Also, can't wait to try these colors over It's Physical Fluidline!
Well doggone..I was all set to skip this and get the mac neutral warm palette instead, but now I don't know. The look you did was gorgeous! And so are you, love the freckles!

xlisaa

For the last two hours, I have been trying to order it, but even though there's a add to cart button, it says it's sold out once it's in the cart. I wonder if they either sold out really fast, or if they have more to put up later.

pinkpaint

Well doggone..I was all set to skip this and get the mac neutral warm palette instead, but now I don't know. The look you did was gorgeous! And so are you, love the freckles!
Quote: Originally Posted by cindypltnm81 You are so beautiful and those colors are popping honey! I ordered my palette and cannot wait to play with mine. Hmmm...constructivist with ashes to ashes sounds like a great pair. I have both alrdy, will try this tomm!
Thanks, ladies! @FrizzyKab I was considering the MAC palette, too, but I'm glad I went with this one. The colors feel more unique to me and I like that there's a mix of warm and cool. I don't mind that the shadows are smaller because I never use them up anyway.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks, ladies! @FrizzyKab I was considering the MAC palette, too, but I'm glad I went with this one. The colors feel more unique to me and I like that there's a mix of warm and cool. I don't mind that the shadows are smaller because I never use them up anyway.
I was thinking that the most impressive thing about this palette was how it seemed to achieve an overall neutral balance. Very impressive.

Here are Temptalia's "sneak peek" swatches of all the colours:

http://www.temptalia.com/sneak-peek-nars-narsissist-eye-palette-photos-swatches

I have to say that I "disagree" with the swatches of Ashes to Ashes and Lhasa. (can you disagree with a swatch?) I'm not sure if it's the difference between our skin tones or lighting, but both Ashes to Ashes and Lhasa are much cooler on me than they look in these swatches. There's a photo of both shades here (sorry for linking my own blog, it was just the one place I knew where I could find swatches of both shades together):

http://morelikespace.blogspot.ca/2012/02/making-faces-nars-spring-2012-eyes-have.html

Personally, I've decided to skip this palette, not because I don't think it's a great deal- it is, and if you don't have many regular Nars shadows, I would recommend it- I just think I have too many of the shades already and some of those I want are part of duos where I want BOTH shades, so I'd rather just buy those.