New maccosmetics.com website

laguayaca

I like the new site only downfall is the slowness but it seems to me more user friendly!

EDIT: I NO LONGER FEEL THE SAME grrr i get so corn-fused!

kaexbabey

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I dont like that it takes a while to load, but that could just be a server or site problem since its new...

What I REALLY DO like is that we no longer need to speak to an artist for repalcement colours for Dcd items - recommended colours are automatically listed when you use the search option for your LE/Dcd item!!!

do you just put the name of the LE item in the search bar? because i dont see any recomended colors..

abbey_08

i can view a couple if pages from the uk but not the whole site. i like it, hope the uk one changes like that too. the black is very sleek but the pictures are very small. maybe they will make them bigger in a few days or something. the colours have always been poo on the website. its a shame they dont take actual swatches.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
Try to access any other mac website (.fr or other), when you get on one of these, then you click the country chooser and choose USA. You'll be able, i think.
I was in the same situation, i'm able to access maccosmetics.com only if i go to a website other than mine (french) and then click on the country chooser.

Still isn't working. I give up. Maybe it'll fix itself over the next few days. Thanks
thmbup.gif

Wicked Lovely

I like it theres nothing about it that ive found thats annoying but to be honest the only thing i really care about is are the color swatches realistic now? The ones of you that have lots of shadow an mac in general do you mind going to the new sight and going through a few colors and tell me if there true to life now??Has anyone tried the colorplay?

MAC_Whore

I like the Artistry in Action How-To videos, but I have to kind of snicker at the 'Sculpted Lips' portion. It's very pretty, but 7 products? It can be done with less and a lot of people can't even afford one lipstick at the moment. Oh, and red lips = 10 products.

The lipstick index is down, people! lol

Wicked Lovely

By the way if your look for a color and you already know the name you dont have to sift through them all to find it.You just enter its name into the search bar which is directly under the email me bar on the bottom left side of the website.Enter the name of item an it will pop right.

MAC_Whore

I guess I just need to get used to it. It does seem kind of cumbersome, but it does have some good additions.

I am not pleased that it dumped out my 'shopping cart' and 'saved for later items'. I counted on that to keep track of things. I'm inclined to not fill it back up again.

The flash intro with the lips is very cool, but also slightly resembles a woman vomiting glitter. lol

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lovely
By the way if your look for a color and you already know the name you dont have to sift through them all to find it.You just enter its name into the search bar which is directly under the email me bar on the bottom left side of the website.Enter the name of item an it will pop right.

I know. But then how do you get it into your bag from there? If I search on Blankety it comes up, but when I then click on Blankety it just takes me to the lipstick page showing Plink selected and all I can do is look thru the little squares for Blankety...am I missing something?

LostinBubbles

Whoa! Unexpected! I am not digging the ginormous screen in the middle. That and it's confusing me...lol...It will take some getting used to.

GlamQueen21

I like it! I just purchased Texture since I've been wanting it for awhile. I added several things to my favorites to purchase them in the future.

concertina

You know, I was sort of digging the sleek look.....but then the ColorPlay area crashed my damn browser.

I am not fucking amused.

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I know. But then how do you get it into your bag from there? If I search on Blankety it comes up, but when I then click on Blankety it just takes me to the lipstick page showing Plink selected and all I can do is look thru the little squares for Blankety...am I missing something?

Its because Blankety is out of stock, so they're showing you the next closest item...

Zeastlake

I used to be able to spend like an hour looking around the old website and wondering what I should get next... I've been looking around the new one for a half hour and I feel like I never want to go back.....

I know the swatches and all have always been off but I really liked the descriptions of the shade, I wonder why they took it off......