NYX Products

sherm

I tried to check out NYX at Ulta today and had no luck. The display was tiny and emptied of most products—the only things they really had were the loose pearl pigments and the eye/lip pencils. Most of the lipsticks and glosses were gone (the diamond sparkle lipsticks were completely cleaned out because they had clearance prices), barely any eyeshadows, and they only had 2 blush colors. Of course it was the lipsticks and blushes I was most interested in!

martiangurll

I tried to check out NYX at Ulta today and had no luck. The display was tiny and emptied of most products—the only things they really had were the loose pearl pigments and the eye/lip pencils. Most of the lipsticks and glosses were gone (the diamond sparkle lipsticks were completely cleaned out because they had clearance prices), barely any eyeshadows, and they only had 2 blush colors. Of course it was the lipsticks and blushes I was most interested in!

This is the case at my Ulta usually. They have lots of e/s but that doesn't help me much, as I usually go for MAC or UD on those, although the NYX quality of the e/s is very good, their colors are not terribly unique (as in I usually already have something similar). I want to try their cream blush though. Their lipsticks are good, but too creamy, they run into the lines around my lips, so liner is a must, fortunately, I love their liners.

PixieSkull

I'm in love with NYX currently. I started with the Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils in Milk, Yogurt, Rocky Mountain Green, Black Bean and Slate. Love Yogurt, use Milky a lot, Rocky Mtn works under green shadows, Black Bean is nice an Slate was a disappointment in color for me. Loving them as eyeshadow bases. So much better than the UD sticks that I was in love with prior.

I bought a few eyeshadow trios, TS15 and TS19, love them both. An Ultra Pearl Mania and single eyeshadow to go with them and the I Dream of Nevis in the 5-color Caribbean collection made me want to get more! The quality and price of the shadows is impressive.

Round lippies in Chaos (TOTAL winner!) and Spellbound (too Barbie-pink for me) rocked my world after that.

Ulta's BOGO specials are pretty awesome and I'm glad I have one nearby now. What would I do without them?

chachapoppyseed

I absolutely LOVE NYX products. I started using them back in October, the eyeshadow palettes mostly, but I'm starting to expand into their other products. I buy them at Ulta (not sure if you have an Ulta in your area though) and I LOVE the price too! :)

Makep Junkie

I love their round lipsticks epecially B52 and Thalia! Amazing lip colors, great pigmentation, long staying, and inexpensive! A perfect qquality product for everyone :D

chihullomac

They also have pigment powders now (loose powders) which carries a BIG RAVE as well.
I use thier white eyeline to accent the eyes for smokey eyes and it does create an awesome look....thats the only item i have tried but willing to try more of the NYX line

chihullomac

I absolutely LOVE NYX products. I started using them back in October, the eyeshadow palettes mostly, but I'm starting to expand into their other products. I buy them at Ulta (not sure if you have an Ulta in your area though) and I LOVE the price too! :)
i will have to try more items...i bought an white eyeliner only because of the price...but i have been hearing great things on the line...YEAH!!!!

tiramisu

Wishing someone would post a look or three using NYX products! Anyone have links to threads here? Hard to search now, because this site has become sooooo huge since I first began here:) Edited to add: I mean looks using the palettes/review of palettes? Waiting on my Caviar and Bubbles palette (first time NYX purchase... Toes in water lol). And very excited to try it out. Looks like a great set of neutrals... And for $10 on amazon, plus great reviews, no brainer for me!

mayushka

How are NYX lippies? I mean in staying power, color payoff and such? I ordered some from the Nyx Round Lipstick line.

dyingforyou

the only nyx lipstick i have is from the round lipstick line in 'fig' and it's a gorgeous color. its really soft and creamy but for some reason it really shows my lip lines too and after a while it kinda pulls away and doesn't look good. but that was before i got a lip liner that matched the color so it may stay on better now. or it also may just be me haha. i get a lot of pigmentation with it so i don't think that would be a problem at all.

i really want to try their matte line the next time. or maybe one of the lip cremes.

mayushka

Thanks, good to know, I just ordered some NYX lipstick shades, and I got couple of MAC lipsticks, can't wait to see how they compare.

mayushka

NYX Round Lipstick, couple of swatches. Paris is a little bit cooler pink than on picture, Fig is more intense in color, and Femme is more orange. Louisiana and Spell Bound are pretty similar, Louisiana has maybe more of a blue undertone, while Spell Bound is more fuschia. Paris and Tea Rose are more creamy, but not too much. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with colors. Fig is actually pretty similar to MAC Chatterbox.

OhSoJaded

Quote:Originally Posted by mayushka

NYX Round Lipstick, couple of swatches. Paris is a little bit cooler pink than on picture, Fig is more intense in color, and Femme is more orange. Louisiana and Spell Bound are pretty similar, Louisiana has maybe more of a blue undertone, while Spell Bound is more fuschia. Paris and Tea Rose are more creamy, but not too much. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with colors. Fig is actually pretty similar to MAC Chatterbox.

Thanks for the swatches!

plantashes

i've got a five-pan eyeshadow palette (I Dream of St. Marteen...such great neutrals!) and 10 of the round lipsticks, ranging from the nude (Circe) to the vampy (Black Cherry.) I find that the lipsticks are so pigmented and creamy, the colors are great, and they are a complete bargain. the big issue with them, though is that because they are so creamy and soft, they can slide around a bit, which is a problem with the darker colors. also, i pressed a little too firmly, and the bullet on one of my absolute favorites broke! i didn't even think i applied that much pressure.

but they are superb products all around

PixieDancer

Use NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils for bases all the time! Definitely going to try a few shades of the Black Lable lipsticks soon!