Paint Pots

juicyaddict

My favorite is indianwood, it doesn't crease on me. I apply using a small concealer brush. I have yet to try delft. I only got it because it looked pretty when I swatched it at the store and put ether on top. I also got artifact and I've used it with cranberry one time, looks pretty. I can't wait to get more paint pots.

lethaldesign

I saw all of the NT paint pots when I picked up my other NT items last week... Delft is gorgeous! I'm so glad these will be permanent because I plan to get quite a few of them. After dropping $300 the last week on MAC, I'll need some time to save up more $$
smiles.gif

KAIA

I saw Fresco Rose yesterday is SOOOO pretty, well all of them are really pretty! but i couldn't get it... i have to wait til thursday. =(

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAIA
I saw Fresco Rose yesterday is SOOOO pretty, well all of them are really pretty! but i couldn't get it... i have to wait til thursday. =(

i am planning to get that one too... color desc sounds pretty. maybe greenstroke too

AudreyNicole

I am back from hauling, and from Painterly, I got:
Bare Study Paint Pot - this will make an awesome highlight!
Blackground - I got this is use as a liner. The shimmer in this is pretty obvious.
Greenstroke - this is just a BEAUTIFUL shade of shimmery mint green. I can't wait to try it!
Foxtail Technakohl - this is not what I expected at all. It is more of a burgandy metallic on me, and it has slight copper flashes. I planned to pass on the technakohls with this collection, but when I heard it was LE, I had to get it!
smiles.gif

ETA: I plan to go back for Rubanesque and Fresco Rose paint pots too. They swatched so pretty, but I wanted too much other stuff to get everything at once LOL!

juicyaddict

I got constructivist, that one looked pretty imo. Now, I am thinking about blackground, bare study, and fresco rose, too. Oh and maybe greenstroke... Good thing these are perm.

LadyLaundale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Rose
What brushes do ya'll use for these?

I'm using these as a cream eyeshadow, and love Indianwood to brighten up my lids, so my favorite brush is the 217. I'll probably try the 242 or 252, and a 208 to line. Indianwood would make a great base for the NC43 ish girls. I also got Rubenesque and Blackground. I plan on going back for a few more soon! I love how big the pots are, same size as another new favorite of mine, Tendertones!

starr

teeny bit of a question? I did some back reading and some of you used the paint pots as a liner. What brush would you recommend if you use these as an eyeliner?
smiles.gif
Many thanks, MAC/makeup newbie here
smiles.gif

Karyn

Oh Boy, I can't wait to buy some Paint Pots! I have always loved Paints, but the last 2 times I bought Bare Canvas, it was dry and hard to get on my brush. I ultimately returned both of them and bought Untitled, which had the usual consistency. No more paints for me though. I'm ready to start a new paint set!

I don't know where to start!

_trimm_trabb

Is anyone thinking they will soon discontinue the regular paints, considering how nice these are! I love paints but the packaging makes them such a hassle and very messy - and for these reasons they're pretty much impossible to apply on-the-go. Paint pots have a nicer consistency AND a much more convenient package.

BloodMittens

I asked all the MA's at my counter if the paints were going to be discontinued. They replyed that not all of the paints will, but the ones that don't sell well will probably.

NOES! I need to get another Flammable then D:

Chrystia

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr
teeny bit of a question? I did some back reading and some of you used the paint pots as a liner. What brush would you recommend if you use these as an eyeliner?
smiles.gif
Many thanks, MAC/makeup newbie here
smiles.gif

I have been using a 228 and 242 to apply my paints. I just sweep it over the paint pot, then over my lid. It spreads nice and evenly. Whats even better is I don't worry about wasting any by using too much. (i always accidently push too much out of the regular paint tubes.) But I'm so glad these are permanent paint pots, otherwise I'd be flat broke trying to buy them all before they were gone.

tiffybear01

I just went monday and I got constructivist, delft, greenstroke, moss scape, groundwork, and artifact. It was my bday and I went a little crazy i didn't realize that they were not limited edition, oh well. I am excited about using these.

macedout

anyone disappointed in the paint pots? i feel like they're making my e/s bleed on my eye giving that "unattractive, up all night, drunk, wake up the next morning" look, and my eye makeup doesn't last more than 2-3 hrs!!

i bought delft, rubenesque, constructivist, and greenstroke; i think they're going back---i'm not impressed... anyone else experiencing this?

i had better luck w/shadesticks or regular paints, as bases, then my e/s didn't move until i used a wipe to take it off

ratoo

Its out in the UK and by the looks of the website in France, but I don't know about the rest of europe. It might help people if you say whereabouts in Europe you're from.

Devon

I've only bought Greenstroke, many colours were already soldout. But I'm really happy, because this colour is really gorgeus as a base for taupey colours. If you have, try it with subtle or mauvement piggies, it's a make up for all day.
thmbup.gif