Paint Pots

bebs

does anybody have a compare picture to the fluidliner (just so we can see the size of the pot that its going to come in.. I want to know how I'm going to be able to put these new puppys away)

Danapotter

bebs,
Well, Fluidliners are 3g and the Paint Pots will be 5g.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I contacted MAC and they told me they will not be getting rid of the paints (so far). They said the paint pots will just be another option to paints and CCB's.

Hope this helps!

1165Cheryl

I dont do well with the fluidlines either. I love them and how easy it is to apply but mine dont last long before they get too thick. I eventually stopped using them cause I was wasting my money throwing them away a little less then 1/2 full. Since I'm disabled I cant wear makeup everyday, if I did it I would have gotten more use out of it. I've never tried the paints, it sounds like they are very popular. I mainly wear their pigments and their palette shadows. What are the paints like?

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher65
I dont do well with the fluidlines either. I love them and how easy it is to apply but mine dont last long before they get too thick. I eventually stopped using them cause I was wasting my money throwing them away a little less then 1/2 full. Since I'm disabled I cant wear makeup everyday, if I did it I would have gotten more use out of it. I've never tried the paints, it sounds like they are very popular. I mainly wear their pigments and their palette shadows. What are the paints like?

A lot of people have problems with Fluidliners drying out. Try adding a few drops of the water based mixing medium to it and mix it in well. It makes them more emollient again.

1165Cheryl

thanks, Thats A Good Idea. I Now Use Their Liquidlast Which Stays On Forever But Dont Like The Brush So I Use My Own. I'm Going To Try Putting The Mixing Medium In Those Also To See If It Helps. I Love How Long It Stays On And Doesnt Smear But Applying It Isnt Easy Like The Fluidliners. Sorry About The All Caps, I'm Having A Bad Day With The Nerve Damage In My Hands/arms.. Thanks Again
smiles.gif
Now I Can Get A Few Colors That I Liked But Didnt Buy Do To Them Drying Out.
Cheryl
P.s. I Love Your Pic
smiles.gif

[/b]

ReXaY

I just put up some swatches of the paint pots that will be in Novel Twist if anyone is interested! I thought they were really lovely...very smooth and they just sort've glide on! I'm excited for them!

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReXaY
I just put up some swatches of the paint pots that will be in Novel Twist if anyone is interested! I thought they were really lovely...very smooth and they just sort've glide on! I'm excited for them!

Just saw those--AWESOME!! Oh man my lemmings are kicking in even more now. I'm so bored with Untitled paint, I want something new!!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReXaY

I saw your swatches. Thank you for posting them. I want to know how they compare to fluidlines? I know alot of people use fluidlines as bases and I wondered if the paint pots are similar in texture, opacity and application.

BlahWah

I forgot to mention I saw Delft the other day. The MA was showing me more but I was so mesmerized by the swatch I totally didn't respond when she asked if I wanted to see the rest!
fool.gif
I can't wait to use it as a liner more than a base. The colours are beautiful and what I'd like to see Fluidline versions of! Imagine Indianwood as a liner!!!

stickles

yeah I'm totally stoked too to see if the Paints can pull double duty as liners, or whether they'll melt or flake off. *fingers crossed*

charismaticlime

I posted up some swatches I found off of cosinside.net on the Painterly forum. IMO, Artifact and Greenstroke remind me of Cranberry and Surreal in paint pot format. Rubenesque looks really pretty, like a peachy gold. But I really want to see a swatch of Bare Study, cause I think Painterly would look too ashy against my asian skin.

scarletmaeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
I posted up some swatches I found off of cosinside.net on the Painterly forum. IMO, Artifact and Greenstroke remind me of Cranberry and Surreal in paint pot format. Rubenesque looks really pretty, like a peachy gold. But I really want to see a swatch of Bare Study, cause I think Painterly would look too ashy against my asian skin.

Thank you so much for posting those. I have been checking the forum everyday for a peek at the Artifact swatch. Its such a cool color which I hadn't seen swatched in other posts of the Novel Twist Collection. Is it not in with Novel Twist? I'm beginning to worry that I might have to wait for Painterly to get this color, even tho I reserved it in what I thought was the "Novel Twist" folder at my local Nordsroms. I guess for now its the closest thing I can get to the Deliniate Fluidline.
Thanks Again,
Anna M.

Twinkle_Twinkle

At first I was really, really dissappointed by those swatches, but I think the grey paint pot would make a great base or pastel and irridescent colors on darker skins. Now I finally have an excuse to get the Hard Candy quad in Dillusional.

AlliSwan

I went back to Nordies and checked out the paint pots (they were finally out!). I only preordered Painterly since I haven't touched anything but my neutrals in like, over a year. It's pretty much the same color as Untitled. REALLY close, but swatching them showed Painterly to be more peachy/pink and Untitled has that gray tone, so Painterly should be a nice, fresh change. Stay Gray was too muddy/dark for me, same with String-a-long. I was interested in Groundwork but didn't see it there! The MAs there were super nice but I overheard them talking about how they haven't been meeting the goals for presales and they kept pushing everything on me HARD, even after I said I was in the know about it all.

xIxSkyDancerxIx

Indianwood looks SOOO pretty, but I can't imagine me using it as a base.. but I REALLY want it as a liner.. I think I'm going to go to my Nordies this week and see if they have them up and take some pix so I can share it with you all!

Rushch6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan
I went back to Nordies and checked out the paint pots (they were finally out!). I only preordered Painterly since I haven't touched anything but my neutrals in like, over a year. It's pretty much the same color as Untitled. REALLY close, but swatching them showed Painterly to be more peachy/pink and Untitled has that gray tone, so Painterly should be a nice, fresh change. Stay Gray was too muddy/dark for me, same with String-a-long. I was interested in Groundwork but didn't see it there! The MAs there were super nice but I overheard them talking about how they haven't been meeting the goals for presales and they kept pushing everything on me HARD, even after I said I was in the know about it all.

Does Nordies have more colors in the store than whats on their website? My Nordies didn't have any out yet.

MACHOMULA

I didn't think I was going to be too ga-ga over these, but they are really beautiful. Delft, Fresco Rose, Rubenesque, Indianwood, and Artifact were standouts.