• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Pigment Pressing Tutorial

glamvixen

i have been trying to figure out how to press my pigments and ta-da here is an awesome tutorial. thanks a lot for taking the time to post this tutuorial!

kalikka

Just a warning, but I tried pressing Make-up Forever's Star Powder and it did not work well at all. It crumbled back into a powder as soon as my brush touched it. I think it might be too finely milled to be pressed. Good news is my pressed MAC pigments turned out beautifully!

rnsmelody

thanks for the help! here is the outcome of my pigment pressing marathon! the only failure i had was the lovely lily. but the rest turned out great for me! i cant wait to do more.. i just ran out of pans thou.

mac-008a.gif

MACActress

Last night I pressed all of the She Shines pigments except the repromotoes, Shimmertime, and Dazzleray. It worked =D No surprising color changes there either. Now I think I'm going to try and make some combinations of pigments.

juniperstar

i like the green palette in the clear container. after its in the palette and dried...does it work exactly the same as a regular eyeshadow? thx

pugmommy7

I tried my first time tonight.
I did 6 mac pigments and 3 bare escentuals(i hope they take!).
i am going to post pics and let yall know how they turn out.
all this time i thought they HAD to be pressed in a c-clamp. I am happy enough to have them as they are. I am so excited to get more to press!
clap.gif

edit:
the mac did great!(old gold,gold dusk,sunpepper,blue brown,apricot pink,violet) they all did great but one of the 3 BE did not.
ssad.gif
sincerely renee crumbled as soon as the brush touched it.
the others(flamenco,and another purple... have done great so far. I think I will stick to MAC for this though
smiles.gif

anyone know the link to the lj page with the pigs that will work and won't?

duch3ss25

wow, those looked great rnsmelody! i'll have to try pressing my piggies now. tho, anyone here can tell me where i can get the pans that will fit in the 15-pan palette? i've been searching at craft stores but have no luck so far.

BlueRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsmelody
thanks for the help! here is the outcome of my pigment pressing marathon! the only failure i had was the lovely lily. but the rest turned out great for me! i cant wait to do more.. i just ran out of pans thou.

mac-008a.gif

your outcome is
thmbup.gif

eyelove.gif

lia_matos

Quote:
Originally Posted by duch3ss25
wow, those looked great rnsmelody! i'll have to try pressing my piggies now. tho, anyone here can tell me where i can get the pans that will fit in the 15-pan palette? i've been searching at craft stores but have no luck so far.

If i'm not mistaken, Claire's eyeshadows, as well as Wet'n'wild ones, fit. You can buy them, remove the eyeshadows and use it.

iamlelilien

I have a question... does this only work for pigments? I have two eyeshadows that I want to mix, would I be able to chip some out of each pan, mix them together and press it this way?

Malice

mhh..you can try, but I think you should use a blender to mix them properly. The advantage is that eyeshadows have already some kind of binder, so they will likely be pressed
clap.gif
(not as pure mica, which refuses to hold in the pan
th_remoteImage-61.gif
)

Latest posts