really depressed over being really broke

BEA2LS

i am so depressed about being broke. i am struggling to pay rent, car payments, buy groceries, even doing landuary is hard for me to get money for.
i was doing okay because i was working two jobs but the company my second job is out cut all of the part-timers
ssad.gif
so now i cannot for the life of me find a second job and i do not know what to do.
my parents helped me out a lot at first and now cannot help me any further.. i am going to sell whatever i can on ebay but the truth is i already sold most of it a few years back when i was in a similar situation - all i really have left to sell is one dooney and bourke bag and perhpas make-up though i am not sure if you can even sell make up on ebay anymore..
i tried looking at ways to make money online.. amazon turk, paid to surveys, they all seem to take more time than i have, plus it seems like i literally am making pennies for the hour.
everyday is a struggle and i feel so defeated and i do not know what to do...
i do not qualify for any sorts of government assistance, they say i make too much, heh.. i wouldn't ask for something i do not need, just maybe some help paying my elecrcity bills, stuff like that.. i live my life pretty simple, too so there are not really extras i can cut these days... (how i miss the days when i could shop!)
right now i am finding it hard to get out of bed, i am so down and have no idea how to make extra money..

leenybeeny

I wish I had some advice for you.. I hope that you are able to find something that helps you soon. Are you able to pick up more hours where you are working now?

BEA2LS

thanks for reading.. they actually cut down all extra hours where i am. before they would offer overtime but it's all gone now
ssad.gif

if i had another part-time job, i would be doing great, they just seem so hard to find. i plan on going back to college in the fall but it will take a long time for me to finish and be able to make more money

leenybeeny

Yeah, it's so tough right now.. we have laid off so many people.. and I am coming into work every day wondering if I am going to be next. Things will turn around.. they always do.. in the meantime, keep looking! Something will come up!

Nicala

try to see if you can donate plasma.. you can get paid about $30 every time you go. You can do it x2 a week.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
try to see if you can donate plasma.. you can get paid about $30 every time you go. You can do it x2 a week.

i actually was going to look into this, it was mentioned to me on another board i am obessed with
smiles.gif

thanks for the idea.. i used to donate blood every six weeks but never got paid for it. i do not know if i can even donate plasma as my blood pressure tends to get on the high side when i am stressed, but i can look into it.

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i actually was going to look into this, it was mentioned to me on another board i am obessed with
smiles.gif

thanks for the idea.. i used to donate blood every six weeks but never got paid for it. i do not know if i can even donate plasma as my blood pressure tends to get on the high side when i am stressed, but i can look into it.

yeah for plasma, they pay compensation. i want to do it as soon as i hit 16 which is in july. and the pay depends on the state. in cali i think its $30 per. a lot of college students donate plasma for extra money since the budget is tight when in college :p

Shadowy Lady

aww...honey I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can definitely relate as it has happened to me in the past
th_hug.gif

Can you maybe look into voluteering? I don't know what your training/educational background is. But by volunteering or attending events in your field you can get exposure in ppl who perhaps know where the jobs are. Also, tell everyone you know you are looking for a job, even ppl you doubt would have something for you. They might still know of opportunities.

Best of luck
smiles.gif

coquetayloca

I work in Family Services, so I know how much it sucks to make "too much" money! I swear there people I want to help the most are the ones that I can't. You need to focus on the fact that this is NOT the way that you will live the rest of your life. Its a really hard time for a lot of people and it will get better. Try to keep your spirits up!

coachkitten

If you have makeup that is used try selling it on Specktra. Also is there a way that you could get a roommate (if you don't already have one)? That might help cut costs as well. I wish that I had more advice but we are here to listen when you need to vent.
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

thanks everyone, it really really means a lot that you were all kind enough to take time out of your day to talk and listen.

Lauren1981

i have been in that situation before.
have you applied for a personal loan from a bank? that could help you out. or maybe try and work something out with your landlord as far as a payment plan? you could call whoever your car loan is through and ask for an extension which just pushes your maturity date back a month; like if you paid your car off you'd still end up paying for it but you'd get a month to NOT pay it. if you've never been late with a payment then they'll more than likely do it. they're more concerned with getting the money and actually hearing from you as opposed to not getting anything.
have you ever tried starbucks as a part-time job? just a thought
i hope maybe one of these helps!!! sorry you're going through this
th_hug.gif
grouphug2.gif

arielle123

I wish I had some advice for you too. Things are tough right now. I can't find a job either and it's been a few months now. All I can say is keep your chin up. Things will get better. Don't give up looking for that job!

BEA2LS

thanks again for all of the suggestions - people have been been pretty understanding about why my payments are late or going to be late. it is just so stressful to make those calls!

L1LMAMAJ

I really hope you get things figured out. I know there is a light at the end on the tunnel. Hopefully people can help u out financially. GL!

Not sure if your religious but God doesnt put you in situations you can not handle. Trsut!. be thankful for the things you do have. We all struggle and they say it gets worse before it gets any better and I can agree from experience. My boyfriend and I have been living together for 5 years and he had horrible luck with work and has gone over 6 months unemployed where I had to do it all with a child as well, but FINALLY he got a decent job and now things are starting to get better. Hang in there. A lot of us are out there feeling the recession.

BEA2LS

thanks again everyone, i know i am far from alone in feeling this way but it sometimes gets close to unbearable.
again, i really appreciate everyone listening..

EllD

Sign up with every Temp Agency you can! I needed work FAST. I signed up with 2 agencies and within 2 weeks I was offered a 3 month position. I strongly advise anybody looking for something quick to try this. I was happily surprised to find out that another young woman at church who is in my profession is on her 2nd temp assignment. It is a real lifesaver and there are agencies that cater to just about every profession and skill level so I'm sure you can find something. I hope things get better for you SOON!

Latest posts