really depressed over being really broke

BEA2LS

thanks, the problem is that what i really need is a part time job
ssad.gif

my full time job doesn't pay too great but it's really stable and i do not want to leave it unless i go back to college. but it does not pay the bills, and when i had a part time job, it really helped me. things were not perfect and it sucked working so much but i was much less stressed because i even had money to put aside..
i agree, temp agencies are the way to go. i have gotten part time work with them before actually but it is hard to get one through them when looking for nights and weekends

EllD

Yeah, only being available to work nights and weekends will definitely eliminate alot of jobs but it's still worth a shot, right?! Also, what about retail? I know they are laying off too, but you may get lucky. Let's face it, a job is not going to drop in your lap so get out there and put in those applications. And, as somebody else mentioned, it is imperative to tell EVERYBODY you are looking for a job, even people you only know slightly; this is one of the best ways to get a new job.

I know when you wrote this you were down and feeling defeated but don't let that get the best of you, if you don't put yourself out there and try you won't succeed. You can do this!

SparklingWaves

I am not that great with words, so forgive me. I really want you to hang on to hope. You never know what may be around the corner. Many of us can be in the same situation with the way things are right now. I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope things will change for the better for you very quickly.

abbyquack

Are there any bartender/waitress positions available in your area? They are usually well paying and night jobs. I totally feel for you, being in a position where you can't even make payments on the necessities is no fun! Good luck, dearest, I will keep you in my thoughts
heart.gif

Khalia25

I'm not sure of the demand in your area, but you can offer pet sitting or babysitting nights and weekends. It might be a sporadic thing, but I know you can benefit from whatever you can get. You can create fliers at home and find out where you can post them. If you don't have any babysitting/pet sitting experience, you can offer references from people who can vouch for your credibility. You might get calls right away!

Also, if you have a CVS near you, you can sign up for their extra care bucks program. I've accumulated a stockpile of toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, bodywash, shampoo, conditioner...etc. These kinds of things can add up when you buy them at the grocery store. I pretty much get these things for free now. You have to initially pay out a little money, but every week/month they have items that are free after extra care bucks.

Good luck with everything...I know this might not be any consolation right now, but one day this will all be retrospection....

Keep your head up!

Mizz.Coppertone

look into becomming a customer service rep online. companies like 1-800-flowers hire u to work from ur house.

and i know how u feel. my shopping has been catching up to me lately and i'm thinking about selling stuff i never use/never even opened or wore too.

hope it gets better 4 u!

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllD
Yeah, only being available to work nights and weekends will definitely eliminate alot of jobs but it's still worth a shot, right?! Also, what about retail? I know they are laying off too, but you may get lucky. Let's face it, a job is not going to drop in your lap so get out there and put in those applications. And, as somebody else mentioned, it is imperative to tell EVERYBODY you are looking for a job, even people you only know slightly; this is one of the best ways to get a new job.

I know when you wrote this you were down and feeling defeated but don't let that get the best of you, if you don't put yourself out there and try you won't succeed. You can do this!

Actually I find it to be the opposite in my situation. I found that having nights and weekends open got me a very stable job to supplement my main income.

BEA2LS

aww, thanks to everyone so much! you have no idea how much i appreciate all of the responses that i recieved!
smiles.gif

i went job hunting like crazy, I put out about 25 applications and i am not even stopping anytime soon. most places said they were not hiring now but keeping applications (macys told me that when i interviewed) but all i can do is keep going at it..
it's just so weird, like a year or so ago it was so easy to get a part-time job, you would just fill out the application and get one, lol. but now i noticed even the applications take longer to fill out (some of them take like close to an hour!)

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizz.Coppertone
look into becomming a customer service rep online. companies like 1-800-flowers hire u to work from ur house.

and i know how u feel. my shopping has been catching up to me lately and i'm thinking about selling stuff i never use/never even opened or wore too.

hope it gets better 4 u!

thanks so much! i did not realize that they let you work from home.. i did not think of them, but i will look into it.

i seriously applied to every store i could think of lol but i know i will keep putting myself out there.
thanks again
smiles.gif

Khalia25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
aww, thanks to everyone so much! you have no idea how much i appreciate all of the responses that i recieved!
smiles.gif

i went job hunting like crazy, I put out about 25 applications and i am not even stopping anytime soon. most places said they were not hiring now but keeping applications (macys told me that when i interviewed) but all i can do is keep going at it..
it's just so weird, like a year or so ago it was so easy to get a part-time job, you would just fill out the application and get one, lol. but now i noticed even the applications take longer to fill out (some of them take like close to an hour!)

Exactly! Just don't give up...something WILL work out if you keep trying! Good things come to those who wait!You're keeping a positive attitude about all of this, so you will be rewarded in the end!
smiles.gif

florabundance

Going through a similar situation. I know you feel helpless and desperate, all I can say is stay strong, don't let this defeat you. Things will get better!! You're not alone.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex
Helpless and desperate perfectly describes it.

I can't cry poor, because my parents currently feed me and put a roof over my head, but I can cry unemployed and going crazy trying to find a job. Im graduating college in 3 weeks with a major that you can't get a job in with only a Bachelor's degree.... I need to find an internship in my field so I can work a year or two (for no pay) and then go to graduate school, and I need to find a paying job as well to save up money for graduate school. Right now I have neither, and can find neither, and I don't know what I'm going to do.

Different situations, but I totally hear you and you are not alone. Every day I'm just like "WHAT am I going to do?!", and I'm so depressed over it that I'm barely motivated to get out of bed. *hug*

i'm sorry things are going rough for you..
i guess things are somewhat looking up here, i got an offer from my friend to be a room-mate. i do not know how that will work..

BEA2LS

I am literally trying my hardest not to cry right now..
I paid rent, finally and my landlord told me I forgot the $70 late fee. I do not have $70, the rent took up my whole check.
than my mother found out i was not paying my car payment today and flipped out. she is a co-signer for my loan and gets really involved and i really do not want her to complain. if i had to do it over, i never would have had her co-sign, i just have such awful credit the interest would have been so high...

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
I am literally trying my hardest not to cry right now..
I paid rent, finally and my landlord told me I forgot the $70 late fee. I do not have $70, the rent took up my whole check.
than my mother found out i was not paying my car payment today and flipped out. she is a co-signer for my loan and gets really involved and i really do not want her to complain. if i had to do it over, i never would have had her co-sign, i just have such awful credit the interest would have been so high...

Just saw this. Hope things turned out for the better, or things are at least looking up - try not to let it drag you down. There is life AFTER financial struggle . I'm sending positive thoughts ur way hon.

TISH1124

Just keep your head up and keep trying as hard as possible to think positive...Things will get better..as I always say when I'm down...they have to get better it's hard for them to get worse. Just keep trying and hopefully something will work out for you so you can get out of this situation.

BEA2LS

thanks, i was able to borrow $70 for the late fee but was told it cannot happen again anytime soon. and now it's the end of the month and everything is going to be due again. it's just one huge cycle.. i do not know if my landlord will wait again, and the bills are piling up! i still have not gotten calls from any of the applications that i put out and i just am real upset.. :/
thanks for listening (again!) though..
what's sad is $1500 would put me in a perfect place again.. but i cannot see that happening anytime soon..

Makeupaddict88

I totally know how you feel. I was working for my aunt and uncle watching my two little cousins while I go to school full time. I had the perfect hours, perfect job, perfect everything. It wasn't a WHOLE lot of money, but it paid my bills and let me do things I wanted to do. Well, my aunt got laid off and I lost my job. That was a month ago. Since then, everyday, I search high and low on EVERY job engine I can find and go out and apply everywhere. I haven't had ONE job interview. I have no income coming in at all. Thank the lord I have a boyfriend who makes good money and is paying my bills until I get back on my feet. Even though, I feel like a scumbag because he has rent and all his bills, but now is paying mine. I get sad every once in a while because it's like I don't even have money to stop at a store and grab a soda or a sandwich (or secretly add to my make up collection) but I'm trying really hard.

Keep your head up, everybody is in the same situation as us and everybody is looking for a new job with this economy. Don't let it get you down and you'll find something soon!

TISH1124

Not sure if you have anything to sell..But maybe you can do a sale in the Clearance Bin...garage sale..etc....sometimes you will be surprised how much money you can make from unwanted/gently used things...One persons trash is another persons treasure

SMMY

I'm going to give you the single best advice in this thread: talk to people you know, friends and family, and let them know you're looking for work. The number of people who get a job from just dropping off an application or applying online is very low, compared to networking. This is true for all positions including part-time, so start calling people you know and let them know you're eager to find another position ASAP. Don't sound desperate, sound eager and enthused. Don't be shy either. You'll be surprised how many people will want to help you out and are rooting for you. That's how I and almost everyone I know, found their jobs. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.