really depressed over being really broke

TISH1124

^^ I agree..In these days n times it is not WHAT you know but WHO you know....and in some jobs ....Not what you know but who you blow...Ok just j/k on the blowing part ...but thought I would lighten the mood

BEA2LS

thanks everyone
smiles.gif
i put the word out about job hunting and am gathering up stuff to sell. i hate for my rent to be late again (it was last month for the first time in ages!) but if it has to be than what else can i seriously do?
ssad.gif
it stresses me out so much, calling up people, telling I am going to be late.. i seriously am so ashamed, i feel like it's my fault.
but enough of that, i have to keep my head high. i feel more positive today.

KJBarbie

I don't know if it's already been mentioned...but do you have a telemarketing place where you live? I used to telemarket. I *hated* the actual job but loved the money.

I, as well, am trying to find decent work. My only difference is that I (luckily) live at home and my parents understand that my job can only find about 5 hours a week for me. I'm going away again for school though and need to have some money saved up so less than $35 a week clearly isn't going to cut it.

At my telemarketing place, if you held another job or were a student you were allowed to work only 25 hours a week to get your bonus (as opposed to 40 hrs/ week w/o other employment or schooling) You also were allowed to pretty much work whenever you wanted to (great if you only have nights and weekends open) They also had other little bonuses (sell the product, get a lottery ticket- one person actually won $40. Or for each product you sell you get a dollar or a paid lunch or some other incentive) The only bad part was getting cussed out BUT if you figure they're not directly mad @ you, they're mad @ the job you're doing it's not so bad.

Look into it. Really. I'm thinking about going back. If that doesn't work for me there's always McDonalds
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

i would love to find a telemarketing place! i do not even know how to find them but i was thinking about. i know it will suck i just thought the money/hours would work for me..

KJBarbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i would love to find a telemarketing place! i do not even know how to find them but i was thinking about. i know it will suck i just thought the money/hours would work for me..

You really have to ask around (that's what I did as my cousin has worked for every company here) A lot of times there's also ads in my newspaper that are very vague but my cousin has told me thats what they usually are.

The one I worked for that wasn't horrible was CSC. CSC: Consulting, Systems Integration and Outsourcing If you have a center near you look into it. They don't let you come and go as you please (like my other center) but if they hire you in knowing about your other job, they at least respect the availability you were hired with. Plus they have monthly attendance/ performance bonuses.

Teletech (BPO Business Process Outsourcing - TeleTech Home) is another company we have here. I've never personally worked for them. I don't know if they hire part time but I did go to school with somebody that worked for them. I think he told me all they really do is incoming calls dealing with cable.

Epixtar (EPIXTAR) is the company that I had worked for. As stated, you work when you want to work. I'm not sure if other centers are stricter but from what I've heard I doubt it. The other good thing about Epixtar is that you wouldn't have to work 40 hrs...but if you wanted to you could. And then they let you work unlimited paid overtime. I know people that had no lives that used to sit there from open to close everyday. I would have loved the money but I don't think I could do that lol.

We also have a GCS and a JAK but I couldn't find any websites on them. If you hear people talking in initials too, it's probably a call center so ask!

BEA2LS

after a rough week i am back on the job search.. after my cancer screening tonight (i had cancer a few years back and have to get checked only yearly now, which is good but scares the hell outta me!), i have to make calls for my bills to ask for more time.. this stresses me to no end! my rent is gonna be late again, i'm scared to make my landlord mad, blah blah.
the call center thing interests me, i found a location in my town but there is no openings it seems
ssad.gif
i think it might be a good job for me.. i have been getting in trouble at my full time job because of lack of focus and this money thing is eating me up (and other problems..)

TISH1124

Well I hope your test come back free and clear of Cancer...as far as the bills all you can do is pay what you can...I always say I'm gonna die oweing somebody.....Try and not let it affect your job....you really need it right now....I pray things get better for you!

BEA2LS

thanks so much, i am pretty confident i will be cancer free (i'm scared to say that, it's like a jinx, lol..) it was scary back when i got tested every two months than ever four than every six but every year i can handle.. they say if i am clear again i can get tested even less but i will stick to every year as it makes me relax more
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Been there...I had Cervical Cancer...I am doing every 6 months now...But I just keep the faith!

Good luck
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

i have updates! i have two job interviews!! One is for a stationary store opening in June (I worked at a hallmark store in college so this should be something i am used to.. kinda boring but money is money) and another is for a copy center for legal documents.. thats my interview today but that one is monday through friday 5 - 9. which is awesome cause no weekends and 9 is not that late but i do not know what to do because i think i will be burned out with that one
ssad.gif
expecially with everything going on in my life (like explained in my other post)
but jobs are so hard to come by and i am so grateful for interviews.. it took so long to get some (I interviewed at macys in march but they never called back, i guess no positions? i was a manager in retail for over 5 years and it was a really low job i was going for..)
anyway i am still so stressed but excited about this interview.. bills keep piling up and it sucks

pumpkincat210

I understand 100% and then i realized how materialistic i'd become. I don't have a choice to work because i have kids and daycare would cost more than i'd make, and i don't want the state's help unless it gets really bad. I've just started to busy myself with things at home, do more crafts, pick up my makeup more...
Oh and my husband has a site, using pay per click ads, you gotta be creative, but he is about to make 600 dollars just on that. He barely does any work at all. You have to be creative and it does take a bit of time to figure it all out, but its worth a shot.

snowflakelashes

Best of luck with the interviews sweety, I know that its tough, not personally but lot of family and friends going through similar situations its been going on months now. Its tough.

BEA2LS

thanks everyone.. my interview from friday got postponed until today and i still have one tommorow.. i am so nervous! i know it's only a part-time job but i need it so so badly! this paycheck i am going to be minus $70 (late fees for rent.. i have no idea how to tell my landlord i do not have the late fees! omg, so stressed..)

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
thanks everyone.. my interview from friday got postponed until today and i still have one tommorow.. i am so nervous! i know it's only a part-time job but i need it so so badly! this paycheck i am going to be minus $70 (late fees for rent.. i have no idea how to tell my landlord i do not have the late fees! omg, so stressed..)

GOOD LUCCCKKKK, i'm sure you'll knock 'em dead.
And i'm sure landlord will understand, just focus on the interviews try not to stress too too much xx