really depressed over being really broke

BEA2LS

ok, i finally did it.. i asked to borrow money from my family. they were upset but they came through..
i also got a job lined up.. it will not start for a month but it's saturdays..

kaliraksha

I'm glad you got another job lined up and that your family is assiting you... you held out longer than I would have.

I also wanted to mention that sometimes it's cheaper to do like netflix through the mail and use the library than to have cable... for me to have DVR and cable (the only way I can watch shows I want since I'm never home) it's like $50... which is kind of insane. I gave it up this month for a netflix plan especially because you can do netflix streaming onto your TV with internet.

Another idea, I dunno how soon your vacation is... but if you're going to feel guilty being there or are going to have to spend money while there you might want to call the company and see if it's transferable and you can sell it to a family member or friend.

BEA2LS

thanks i considered it about vacation but my mom threw in some spending for that. she actually insisted because i offered to use that on bills before..
she asked why i didn't come to her sooner.. i really didnt think she would help me. and i was embarrased to ask.. i have had a rough couple of years and this is my first vacation in a long time.. i really wanna go
winks.gif
i just feel like it's silly after worrying about money for so long.
thanks again everyone
oh.gif
)

summerblue

Hi BEA2LS, Where & when are you going & for how long?

That was really fabulous of your mom to give you some extra spending money for your vacation.

This vacation is a time-out where you can put aside all the stress & fear you've been carrying around. You should definitely go (guilt-free!) & completely relax & have fun; don't worry about anything while you're on vacation -- just enjoy. When you come back you'll be emotionally recharged; you'll be in a positive frame of mind to jump back into your life so you can accomplish what you need to.