RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection (June 18, 2013)

sweetie

MAC should take a page from Apple's playbook and shut the whole site down before a launch if they are gonna be the lipstick police.

Carolina Marie

im scared to call CS but i probably should, i just don't want to hear that my pending order is backordered because i waited hours and if it is backordered i could have not waited and ordered it now -.-

NaomiH

Amen to that because I rather not see a swatch then to see one that's not swatched right they can keep that
Or filtered Instagram swatches.
ohboy.gif

BeautyByLele

And as for the girl who "snitched" kinda feel bad now knowing she deleted her account. But the fact she said she didnt know not to tell its just a general rule of thumb not just on this forum lol. Like u were told a secret about someone why would u tell that same someone what was said and where u heard it from lol.
FORREAL !!!!!!!!!

The person probably deleted an account and created a new one under a different user name. We all learned a lesson from this. If some glitch happens like this again notify people through PMs. Its a shame that it might have to resort to this but oh well . .. .

sss215

I just ordered Heaux, with "neaux" problem, lol! Within seconds. Heaux looked a bit unique to me, and I said why not, especially now since things were back to normal as far as online ordering with MAC goes. I think to avoid the problem, all of the products should have been available in all of MAC's stores and counters as well as online. I wish they would stop trying to make this stuff seem so exclusive. It finally bit them in the ass.

mzweeze

My 11:20 am order was cancelled but my one order after launch of BG & heaux shipped today and my second order of riri boy shipped also so maybe they aren't canceling everyone's orders

cindypltnm81

Man, sounds like a lot of unhappy folks including myself. I placed my order or at least tried to PST (9am for us west coast people) and when I finally was able...backordered. Pisses me off I have to wait, but it is what it is! And if those of you that were able to get your order successfully. Good deal! I think what caused a lot of chaos and frustrations amongst people that this is an online exclusive only...at least I believe it to be. And everyone wants to a chance of getting something (at least 1 item). I know first hand I work 7-7am shifts (life of an RN) and I can't stay at the site in hopes of getting first dibs on LE item! So I definitely feel where everyone was coming from!

YUMYUMYMUA

They told this to someone else but that didn't happen with my orders. I would have hit 4 heauxs in my pre noon order, yet I still ordered three more after that since I knew they'd be cancelled and they only cancelled one of my post noon orders. So their reasoning is a bust. Erin already debunked their lie in a previous post as well
I know this isnt the rule for MAC but its the rule they made up for just RiRi release. I've placed more than 4 orders before and received all but I'm assuming that RiRi was a special case. All I know is i got screwed over and my orders were cancelled except for one. Glad i placed more than 1 order!

PixieDancer

ok i was just explained in detail why my orders were cancelled and if it's true, it makes sense.
They limited 4 orders per customer for RiRi. Since I placed 3 separate orders pre-launch, and was so scared that they might get cancelled so i placed 3 more after the launch, they counted the first 3 as legit orders and shipped one of the orders placed after the launch and cancelled the rest because i was past my 4 orders limit. They didn't realize that the initial 3 orders are cancelled. She said you can still place the order but I will get it mid-July so i asked her how are you going to fill all these backorders she said we have a limited backorders we are taking in. After that it will be "sold out".
It makes sense in theory, but doesn't explain why Erine and others are still getting orders that had multiples of each lipstick in their transactions. Erine I think said she had ordered 5-7 of some of the colors and nothing of hers had been cancelled and she even got shipping notices. So it sounds like a nice sweet explanation for their fuckery but still not "fair" across the board obviously!
Hope you get what you want hun!! Good Luck!

brittbby

I know this isnt the rule for MAC but its the rule they made up for just RiRi release. I've placed more than 4 orders before and received all but I'm assuming that RiRi was a special case. All I know is i got screwed over and my orders were cancelled except for one. Glad i placed more than 1 order!
MAC typically does have a 4 item rule nonetheless. I did order 4 heauxs before noon and ordered another 3 after noon.... That would've been 7 but they only cancelled 1 which would've been six. That's how I know them saying "their system is flagging anything past 4 times" is inccorect. They are just trying to give excuses but MAC don't insult my intelligence. That clearly wasn't the case with my order.

brittbby

I think they are doing it manually because when I talked to CS she said shed have to ask her "order review team" why it was cancelled so maybe MAC flags it and its their job to go through and double check and decide if it needs to be cancelled.

luvlydee

She asked that Janice or Dawn delete her account all together. She didn't feel comfortable here basically because she felt as though all the cancelled orders were her fault.
at the end of the day Mac should have known better
Oh yea definitely. US MAC handled that wrong. Like is it that serious? We ordered hours early boo hoo. Get over it mac. U still wuda had ur money and if u wuda stuck to just regulating 4 per costumer and cancelled if they went over that 4 it wouldnt have been a problem. Its not like we were able to get the lustre drops and the blush early and thats the only things sold out!

KMQE716

I think they are doing it manually because when I talked to CS she said shed have to ask her "order review team" why it was cancelled so maybe MAC flags it and its their job to go through and double check and decide if it needs to be cancelled.
when i called last night she called order processing n like 3 mins told me exactly why mine got cancelled

StrongWoman

OMG, After all this I wonder whats  the fall collection going to be like ??? :worms:
For the Fall collection, MAC will top this horrible launch by randomly blocking Spektrettes from their website on launch day. That's the only way they can burn more bridges LOL

SuchaLady

I Live in Canada and placed my order at 10:34 am Pacific time. I just received a shipping confirmation email at 1:07 pm today.

cindypltnm81

It makes sense in theory, but doesn't explain why Erine and others are still getting orders that had multiples of each lipstick in their transactions. Erine I think said she had ordered 5-7 of some of the colors and nothing of hers had been cancelled and she even got shipping notices. So it sounds like a nice sweet explanation for their fuckery but still not "fair" across the board obviously! Hope you get what you want hun!!  Good Luck!
And I think that is an issue. Because I wanted only one lipstick and put my order as soon as the system allowed to do so. And my item is backordered. I only hope I can receive it in July as stated by Mac. I received my backordered email from them. But if they're limited on how many backorders they can receive, but allow others to purchase 4+ items of the same product. I do not see that as being fair at all. Considering this is only an online exclusive launch! I think if Mac was going to limit 1 per purchase...should have initiated this from the beginning. That alone would have prevented all the uproar of this collection.