RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection (June 18, 2013)

MissBeautyBunni

So my lippies came and I cleaned the ones I had like Erine said to get the white stuff off...the replacements also had the white stuff (batch A63) but not as much as the first. Since it was a chill out kind of day at home, I decided to give Riri boy a try. I've never experienced so much tugging on my lips!!!
Took 4 swipes to get it to the color you see in the picture. I can safely say that I prefer Up the Amp if only for application.

butterflyeyes

[COLOR=800080]So my lippies came and I cleaned the ones I had like Erine said to get the white stuff off...the replacements also had the white stuff (batch A63) but not as much as the first. Since it was a chill out kind of day at home, I decided to give Riri boy a try. I've never experienced so much tugging on my lips!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]Took 4 swipes to get it to the color you see in the picture. I can safely say that I prefer Up the Amp if only for application. [/COLOR]
Looks gorgeous! Maybe putting a little lip balm on your lips before applying will help? Not enough to affect the matte texture but enough to help give a little slip while applying?

honey on boost

Pixie, I'm sorry you had to deal with that mess! I can't believe they actually made you send pictures when others don't. I understand if they'd want to see them but make it a general rule for EVERYONE. I hope you love your lippies though. I know they will look amazing on you!
[COLOR=800080]So my lippies came and I cleaned the ones I had like Erine said to get the white stuff off...the replacements also had the white stuff (batch A63) but not as much as the first. Since it was a chill out kind of day at home, I decided to give Riri boy a try. I've never experienced so much tugging on my lips!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]Took 4 swipes to get it to the color you see in the picture. I can safely say that I prefer Up the Amp if only for application. [/COLOR]
It looks so pretty on you! Too bad you don't like the formula. I agree with butterfly eyes, I apply lip balm to my lips while I do the rest of my makeup and before applying my lipstick I blot it down with a tissue. I didn't experience any tugging like that.

NaomiH

Looks great on you!
flower.gif

So my lippies came and I cleaned the ones I had like Erine said to get the white stuff off...the replacements also had the white stuff (batch A63) but not as much as the first. Since it was a chill out kind of day at home, I decided to give Riri boy a try. I've never experienced so much tugging on my lips!!!
Took 4 swipes to get it to the color you see in the picture. I can safely say that I prefer Up the Amp if only for application.

alanaberry111

The heat is not why most with damaged lipsticks received them that way. If what you said was true then someone like myself that received my first order with all 3 lipsticks (and other items) on a hot Georgia day that was well above the temps you mentioned then all 3 lipsticks should have been melted and damaged. They were not. All were subjected to the same conditions with in the same box. My first replacement arrived on a cooler day (temps were in the low 70's, cloudy and rainy day) and was received in the morning. It was sent overnight. It too was damaged. The replacement I received yesterday arrived perfect...it was already in the mid to high 90's (due to humidity the temp was measured at 102 at the time of delivery). It was not shipped overnight. So in my case the temperature doesn't sound like the culprit. Even Julia Nielsen, the Executive Director - Online Customer Service (my complaints were escalated to her to my surprise) admitted that they believe the issue was related to a manufacturing issue and that is why they initiated the 2nd stock order. I don't know if they got it fixed with this new batch since someone else says their lipstick arrived damaged yesterday with the later batch number on it. Let's hope that most of them are though.
hmmmm ok because my friend didn't get home to her order and it was in direct sunlight along with some lippies from tropical taboo and they were indeed melted so I figured maybe that was it but I'm lost I hope everyone gets a good batch this time around

MissBeautyBunni

Looks gorgeous! Maybe putting a little lip balm on your lips before applying will help? Not enough to affect the matte texture but enough to help give a little slip while applying?
Thanks Butterflyeyes. I had balm on about an hour primer to applying. Next time i wont wait that long and see if anything changes.

DMcG9

Heaux with heroine liner as a base. I'm obsessed! I need to somehow find a backup now.
:eyelove: :shock: I just did a double take! This looks awesome on you! Hell, it looks fab on everyone. Way to work the heaux everyone! I hugely regret not getting a BU. Sometimes I wish MAC Canada had the back order setup but on the other hand we didn't seem to get screwed in the same way MAC US pulled. I guess be thankful for what we've got and move along.

brooklyn02

The color is very flattering on you, very nice

shontay07108

Too bad about the tugging. It looks good on you, though. I found my Up the Amp. I thought I chucked it awhile back when I was cleaning out things I no longer used. I used to be obsessed with it, but then I got over it. It'll find it's way back in my rotation. I was walking through Nordstroms yesterday to check out their sale and a Mac MUA I'm familiar with asked me if I was wearing Heaux. I was actually wearing the MUFE liner that I think is similar to it. Made me laugh because I guess I'm right about them being similar. She was like your lips look dreamy. :lol:

destine2grow

Pixie I am so sorry this happen to you. I would be like fuck Mac. I just can't believe they made you send pics. Your situation was definitely worse than ours. I truly understand how you feel! Enjoy your lippies!
This literally made me LOL
Gorgeous!

VelinaIvane

Waiting on 3 packages (4 lippies)..... delivery frame 9 to 1 pm ... it is now past 7 pm .... why do I even have hope for this ratchetness anymore?

elegant-one

Well.... after 19 days, over a dozen phone calls, dealing with 3 different Supervisors, asked to photograph all my damaged lipsticks TWO times (because they needed a "clearer" photo), being asked to send and forward MULTIPLE emails (because they "couldn't find them" and their mailboxes couldn't hold the emails)... I FINALLY got my replacement lipsticks today! They are all perfectly fine and I can't wait to play with them. I have to admit my enthusiasm isn't what it was for this collection, and RiRi Fall will be a complete skip for me no matter how great the products are. I will not continue to let MAC treat me in such a poor way and reward them with coming back for it again. My LE choices will be MUCH more selective moving forward. It reminds me of 2 sayings I have always repeated...
1) Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on ME!
2) Be where your presence is CELEBRATED not tolerated!

Everyone looks fantastic in these lipsticks! It's just sad that the collection has to be shadowed but such complete and utter lack of quality customer service. I deserve better from someone I give my money to on a monthly basis. So do all of you.
Oh my dear Pixie, I feel terrible for you
th_kiss.gif
but I absolutely agree with everything you said! I'm pretty ticked off at how you were treated. Why would you even have to send pictures when most did not!!!

Your #2 has been a life-long philosophy of mine.

You will look stunning in your lipsticks without a doubt pretty lady
heart.gif

elegant-one

Ahh bunni, doesn't matter if its dry because it looks so pretty on you
heart.gif
girlhaha.gif

Actually, my RRBs are very smooth but RRW is crazy dry like your RRB
sigh.gif
so whats up with that?

VelinaIvane

After a cancelled paypal order
3 weeks
10-15 calls
7-10 emails
an intercepted order

FINALLY this ririboy is here, very magically loving smooooov <3 i haven't touched the ririwoos mac sent back to me (after i worked my witchcraft on them)

BEst believe I put this on the minute it was in my hands lol no lip liner, and it didnt smudge my top lip when i rubbed my lips together, which i found to be so magical, i think im NC25, or NC 30 Idk if reference needed

all 4 look shiny, no wax, just shiny, one rrw was slightly chipped, maybe it wont bother the average person, but i know it annoyed me, 2 of them had these odd black dots on the top, very very small, but still so odd