RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection (June 18, 2013)

MACina

I started debating on these too...let' s see!

They do really look pretty in this pic...
I definitely want the Lustre Drops, I'll probably pass the blush duo and RiRiWoo since I don't really wear red lipstick. Still unsure about the other 2 pieces.

MACina

iagree.gif

lilinah - what does [sic] mean? i'm sorry it's off topic, but whenever i see that term i never properly understand.

you must!
it's super awesome!

butterflyeyes

lilinah - what does [sic] mean? i'm sorry it's off topic, but whenever i see that term i never properly understand.

you must!
it's super awesome!

I believe it means "spelling incorrect" or something along those lines. I notice it often in media where they are using someones quote and the spelling is wrong. Instead of fixing it they put [sic] to show the spelling is wrong and it's not an error on the media's side.

xlisaa

I believe it means "spelling incorrect" or something along those lines. I notice it often in media where they are using someones quote and the spelling is wrong. Instead of fixing it they put [sic] to show the spelling is wrong and it's not an error on the media's side.
Yup! for papers, I put in sic when I am putting a direct quote so the reader knows that the mistakes in the quote weren't mine and was taken right from whatever I'm using it from for my papers. It comes in very helpful so that my professors don't think I was the one who messed up the quote.

luvlydee

Notice the semi-colons separating the items in the list: "RiRi Woo, a bluish remix of the cult classic Ruby Woo lipstick; Lustre Drop [sic], a bright-like-a-diamond highlighter;
But Lustre Drop is the correct spelling. ETA: Or is it because its missing the s in drops? Lol

butterflyeyes

ETA: Or is it because its missing the s in drops? Lol
Not sure why they used [sic] unless it's because most people spell Lustre as Luster. "Lustre" is the french spelling if I remember correctly. It's spelled right as far as it being what MAC has named it but in English (U.S. English I guess) that's not how it's spelled. Kind of like color and colour lol.

CartoonChic

Up the Amp was one of my first lipsticks. I bought it along with Girl About Town and Pink Nouveau. I'm getting the retro matte version with BUs. I think I want another BU of RiRi Woo, too.

luvlydee

Up the Amp was one of my first lipsticks. I bought it along with Girl About Town and Pink Nouveau. I'm getting the retro matte version with BUs. I think I want another BU of RiRi Woo, too.
Yup getting another riri woo with this launch and then one with special packaging in the fall

bobbiedoll03

That blush duo is gorgeous. I have the golden lustre drops and i love them so depending on the color i might pick these up too.

sungelly87

How do you gals use lustre drops? Do you just use it as a highlight or mix it with foundation? This one is sooo beautiful I might just have to try it out!

Urmi

The magazine listed 3 of the 5 products so I sure hope the UTA retro matte is one of the items coming out in June! I wish we could get its name, would make it a lil more reassuring that it is indeed coming out
flower.gif

lyseD

How do you gals use lustre drops? Do you just use it as a highlight or mix it with foundation? This one is sooo beautiful I might just have to try it out!
I just used a few drops yesterday mixed into my Face and Body -- nice and glow-y but not weird looking.

KrystalAnne

I just used a few drops yesterday mixed into my Face and Body -- nice and glow-y but not weird looking.
Would the color of these be kind of odd mixing with your foundation? They seem kind of dark for my skin tone. If i were to get these I would try to use them as a cheek tint or something. Would that work out? I've never used the perm. lustre drops.

KiKi Kontour

woooooooooo meeee too!! i got UTA n GAT at the same time when i first got into mac!!

Latest posts